• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Horrible trigger

close to a thousand bucks for a mossberg? holy shit! why don't you see if they'll do something for it if you send it back in. did you contact customer service? like every other manufacturers return, or most anyway, i'm sure they'd send a prepaid label. what model is it? just curious is all.

close to a thousand bucks for a mossberg? holy shit! why don't you see if they'll do something for it if you send it back in. did you contact customer service? like every other manufacturers return, or most anyway, i'm sure they'd send a prepaid label. what model is it? just curious is all.
Silver reserve. It's a $600 gun.

Sell it and buy a Browning.

That's my snarky way of saying there probably isn't a whole lot that can be done.

One day we will upgrade. We just started down the clay sitting rabbit hole. Really enjoy it. It's actually a nice little gun. The trigger didn't bother me, but I can see how it is a problem for her. It makes her jerk the gun.

Sell it and buy a Browning.

That's my snarky way of saying there probably isn't a whole lot that can be done.

He is probably right.

I Googled the OP question, because aparently no one knows how to use the internet anymore, and found nothing but complains about that shotgun.

I found this thread, in a Mossberg forum, which offers very little:

So I pulled the stock. Everything is smooth and does break like glass. What I found was when the firing pins were set in the ready position things got tough. Pulled the pins and the springs and removed one coil. Should still be plenty for a good strike. Definitely easier to pull now.

He is probably right.

I Googled the OP question, because aparently no one knows how to use the internet anymore, and found nothing but complains about that shotgun.

I found this thread, in a Mossberg forum, which offers very little:

Attachments

• IMG_4770.gif
    IMG_4770.gif
    82.8 KB · Views: 13
So I pulled the stock. Everything is smooth and does break like glass. What I found was when the firing pins were set in the ready position things got tough. Pulled the pins and the springs and removed one coil. Should still be plenty for a good strike. Definitely easier to pull now.
Your a gunsmith!

For the record I would have pulled a Pat and told you to buy a Browning.

Your a gunsmith!

For the record I would have pulled a Pat and told you to buy a Browning.
That will be next for her. We need to get to the point though where we at least understand what works and doesn't. And wanted to be sure we really enjoy the clay sports (and birds).

There is a shotgun shop a few hours away that specializes in women. Someday we will take a ride there.

I pull probably pull her gun apart again on a rainy day and polish the sear.

Pulled the thing apart and did some light polishing. Instead of 7.8 and 8 pound pull on both triggers, it's 4.5 and 4.7. I can live with that. Also cut down the stock and added a graco adjustable plate, plus a cushy recoil pad. Brought down the overall LOP to 12 1/8 inches (she is 5' 3"). Went and tested it out and she hit most of the clays. She would hit 1 out 20 before. I knew it was the gun because we have an old bolt action 20 gauge and she hits almost every time.

I learned a lot today about guns, fit and triggers.

Pulled the thing apart and did some light polishing. Instead of 7.8 and 8 pound pull on both triggers, it's 4.5 and 4.7. I can live with that. Also cut down the stock and added a graco adjustable plate, plus a cushy recoil pad. Brought down the overall LOP to 12 1/8 inches (she is 5' 3"). Went and tested it out and she hit most of the clays. She would hit 1 out 20 before. I knew it was the gun because we have an old bolt action 20 gauge and she hits almost every time.

I learned a lot today about guns, fit and triggers.
As long as it doesn't shoot both shells at once and the safety works....good to go!

I'm glad to hear you made the mossberg better for your wife.

If you go shopping in the future - you might take a look at CZ. I've got their "Drake" in 20, and it was short money and good value.

I'm glad to hear you made the mossberg better for your wife.

If you go shopping in the future - you might take a look at CZ. I've got their "Drake" in 20, and it was short money and good value.
If we keep at this, which is highly likely because it is some of the greatest fun you can legally have with a gun, we are going to look hard at syren. There is a ladies shotgun shop here in Montana that specializes in them, and they do fittings.

Round one is to learn. Round two is the forever gun. We have a ways to go though. We are shooting clays once or twice a week right now, so we are starting to understand what works and what doesn't. Like anything shooting related, what a fun journey.

There is a shotgun shop a few hours away that specializes in women.
Sounds like a setup
If we keep at this, which is highly likely because it is some of the greatest fun you can legally have with a gun.
Agreed, shooting clay is a distant second to IDPA but it is a ton of fun

Back
Top Bottom