• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House GOP Bill To ban Bump Stocks Also Bans Aftermarket Triggers

The "republican" congress critters are selling us out again.

Republican sponsored bill that now has 10 republican cosponsors in the US house (and 10 dem ones as well).

My reading of this bill suggests that it will ban aftermarket and OEM adjustable triggers (certainly the ATF could "interpret" such a meaning to exist). If I modify my own firearm to have a lighter trigger (I've done this) or have a gunsmith do it, is that a felony too?

This is what happens when you "compromise" with the left. There is no compromise, only loss of rights.

"(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person—
(1) in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun; or
(2) to manufacture, possess, or transfer any such part or combination of parts that have been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce. "

Also note that the bill includes the word "possess." Are the feds going to go door to door and confiscate bump stocks? If it is interpreted to ban aftermarket triggers are they gonna confiscate those as well?

Hill article:
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/354762-bipartisan-lawmakers-unveil-bill-to-ban-gun-bump-stocks

Here is the actual bill:

https://curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfiles/finalbumpstockban.pdf

Not only do i concur with the statement about an aftermarket trigger (been bitching about that with lenskys bill), But does it stop at triggers?
What about a buffer that is lighter? That could increase cycle time and allow the rifle to be shot again faster, in theory anyway. What about an adjustable gas block?
What is the definition of firing faster? for example, what about a red dot, that allows a person to quire a target faster and thus allows faster firing than iron sights.

Very poorly worded.

I don't see how this is enforceable, because semiautomatic firearms don't have a rate of fire defined with time as the denominator. It's just one round fired per trigger pull, and time isn't in that equation. The bump stock doesn't increase the rate of fire, because the baseline rate of fire is undefined.

I don't see how this is enforceable, because semiautomatic firearms don't have a rate of fire defined with time as the denominator. It's just one round fired per trigger pull, and time isn't in that equation. The bump stock doesn't increase the rate of fire, because the baseline rate of fire is undefined.

Excellent point, but glocks don't have chamber loaded indicators.

When guns - make up sh1t.

So if the bump stock was manufactured in MA, and I possess it in MA, that's not covered under this bill? Or will they do that wacky interpretation of how it's still interstate commerce because the atoms of the bump stock were forged in a star outside of MA?

Lunatic shoots up Vegas with a supposedly pro-2A prez in the WH, Republican control of House and Senate, conservative majority in USSC, 30+ Republican governors and we end up with gun-grabbiness from Republicans backed by the f*cking NRA of all people. Talk about "With friends like these..."

Cue "J-just imagine if Hillary wuz prezadent you guys...", followed by the never-ending hills we're not supposed to want to die on comments.

Shoot_Me.jpg

So if the bump stock was manufactured in MA, and I possess it in MA, that's not covered under this bill? Or will they do that wacky interpretation of how it's still interstate commerce because the atoms of the bump stock were forged in a star outside of MA?

Oh don't worry, the bill includes that nice reference to Wickard V Filburn (and Raiche v Gonzales):

"affecting interstate or foreign commerce"

Yeah, come and f-ing get it. I go out of my way to comply with all the stupid laws in MA. I don't agree with them, think they are complete BS, but I comply. Probably won't live here until retirement or sooner and until I vacate, I plan to comply with the stupid laws on the books. If they arbitrarily pass laws that push me out of compliance, come f-ing get it.

Fully expecting bump-fire to go bye-bye. I DGAS regarding bump-fires, but I care about the people who do care and will support them. Regardless, probably bump-fire will be sacrificed upon the progressive altar, with the pussy NRA and pussy R's giving their tepid applause. Take note and vote against them in the future. Adjustable triggers? What constitutes an adjustable trigger? I can modify a M1 Garand trigger from 6.5 lbs down to 4.6 lbs in about 5 minutes, including measuring and testing. Is that adjustable? A Geissele with an adjustable allen screw really is only slightly faster for me.

I seriously doubt it will go further than bump fires, and I doubt we will bend over like the pussy Australians did. Just look at the map. Does anyone seriously think they want to push this into the point of no return?

2016_House_Districts_by_Presidential_Party_Winner.png

Last edited:
There goes Geissele, Tac-Con and god knows what else.

Anyone cross referenced the penalties section (insert this... strike that crap), and knows what the actual fines/prison time
is for this shit?

There goes Geissele, Tac-Con and god knows what else.

Anyone cross referenced the penalties section (insert this... strike that crap), and knows what the actual fines/prison time
is for this shit?

I have not cross referenced it yet but the Hill article I linked to reports that this bill would be 5 years and 10 years for a bill from two NV house dems.

Most of the GOP lawmakers who co-sponsored the bill are centrists who are also expected to face tough reelections in 2018.

Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) and Dina Titus (D-Nev.), who represents Las Vegas, introduced similar legislation last week to ban bump stocks.
Curbelo and Moulton's bill would also call for a review of sentencing guidelines to enhance penalties against people who violate a bump stock ban in relation to violent crime or drug trafficking. Enhanced penalties could also apply to individuals who smuggle the devices illegally to or from the U.S.

Violations of a bump stock ban under Curbelo and Moulton’s bill would result in up to five years in prison, fines or both.

The legislation authored by Cicilline and Titus, meanwhile, would punish bump stock ban violators with up to 10 years in prison.

Titus panned the Curbelo-Moulton bill as insufficient, even as she acknowledged it “almost mirrors” the measure she introduced with Cicilline.

“There is no reason to undermine our position at this point just to satisfy the NRA,” Titus said in a statement.

Titus noted that she is working with Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) on a separate proposal to “subject these kinds of dangerous devices to the strictest of regulation.”

Yeah, come and f-ing get it. I go out of my way to comply with all the stupid laws in MA. I don't agree with them, think they are complete BS, but I comply. Probably won't live here until retirement or sooner and until I vacate, I plan to comply with the stupid laws on the books. If they arbitrarily pass laws that push me out of compliance, come f-ing get it.

Fully expecting bump-fire to go bye-bye. I DGAS regarding bump-fires, but I care about the people who do care and will support them. Regardless, probably bump-fire will be sacrificed upon the progressive altar, with the pussy NRA and pussy R's giving their tepid applause. Take note and vote against them in the future. Adjustable triggers? What constitutes an adjustable trigger? I can modify a M1 Garand trigger from 6.5 lbs down to 4.6 lbs in about 5 minutes, including measuring and testing. Is that adjustable? A Geissele with an adjustable allen screw really is only slightly faster for me.

I seriously doubt it will go further than bump fires, and I doubt we will bend over like the pussy Australians did. Just look at the map. Does anyone seriously think they want to push this into the point of no return?

2016_House_Districts_by_Presidential_Party_Winner.png

I love that map!! It should be one of a few battle maps on the wall of every freedom loving patriot in the U.S. We push the entire worthless left coast into the Pacific ocean, the northeast into the Atlantic and burn down the rest of the already surrounded fvcksticks in the middle.

DOA, I hope.

Here are the 9 other RINO fakers:
  • Peter King (N.Y.)
  • Leonard Lance (N.J.)
  • Patrick Meehan (Pa.)
  • Ed Royce (Calif.)
  • Chris Smith (N.J.)
  • Erik Paulsen (Minn.)
  • Ryan Costello (Pa.)
  • Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.)
  • Charlie Dent (Pa.)

I found this quote from the article illuminating:
Most of the GOP lawmakers who co-sponsored the bill are centrists who are also expected to face tough reelections in 2018.
This sounds similar to the "centrist" anti-Trump logic that worked so spectacularly last election.

Way too early to get overly concerned. Rs control both chambers and Bannon has said he is working to primary all encumbant R senators this election, except Cruz. Bumps are going one way or another, but I don't see the rest happening at all....suicide for Rs.

Also, what about all these lowers that haven't been built yet, surely they don't have an established rate of fire. Does this only apply to modifying firearms that are factory built? This shit don't make sense.
My fingers are surely more limber and strong than a 70 year old arthritic person, just my hand alone can increase the "rate of fire"

At the end of the day all their feel good legislation won't go anywhere it killed their party after the 94 ban ,and it will happen again.

So anyone that's built a lower would have an aftermarket trigger in it but it would be the original trigger and not a replacement for an existing trigger in the lower. They probably don't care about that though. They just want to ban everything they can get away with.

Yes the Bump Stock and the Triggers killed those 59 people, the Cops laying low in the Stairwells like cowards had noting to do with it..The plastic and the triggers did it.

Once again the true Agenda floats to the top of the toilet bowl.

DOA, I hope.

Here are the 9 other RINO fakers:
  • Peter King (N.Y.)
  • Leonard Lance (N.J.)
  • Patrick Meehan (Pa.)
  • Ed Royce (Calif.)
  • Chris Smith (N.J.)
  • Erik Paulsen (Minn.)
  • Ryan Costello (Pa.)
  • Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.)
  • Charlie Dent (Pa.)

I found this quote from the article illuminating:This sounds similar to the "centrist" anti-Trump logic that worked so spectacularly last election.

lets remember these truck stop glory hole cocksuckers

If this goes to a vote you can bet that the language will have been tightened up some, presumably to not lump in all aftermarket triggers.

Yes, Mr. Seth Moulton. What exactly is a "rate increasing device" when a semi-auto doesn't have an established rate-of-fire? HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmMMMM?

{Oh, and if you wanna get triggered, go check out Corporal Sunshine's fb page. It will make you want to nuke the North Shore from orbit. Or wish that the fictitious cobalt bomb was real.}

Last edited by a moderator:
Rate of fire is not impacted by weight of trigger when we're talking about a couple #'s delta

It also doesnt tickle the DESIGNED AND FUNCTIONS to do x,y,z portion of it

(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person—11
‘‘(1) in or affecting interstate or foreign com-
merce, to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part
or combination of parts that is designed and func-
tions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic
rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle
into a machinegun

See the following video. Tim at Military Arms Channel makes a good point, the bill is so broad and open ended that the ATF can use it to ban all semi-auto's. Have you forgotten about how the ATF has arbitrarily used the "sporting use" clause to ban all kinds of firearms from being imported?

Maybe he is being a bit hyperbolic. Maybe. But are you willing to take that risk? I would rather not participate in a shooting guerrilla war. I happen to like the modern standards of living we enjoy here in the US.

[video=youtube_share;sCLoIorYguU]http://youtu.be/sCLoIorYguU[/video]

Back
Top Bottom