• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How "concealed" is concealed?

Jaxon said:
Yes, I knew exactly what you meant with my reference to Boston. Again, I don't have an issue with a second mag, or speedloader, moon-clip, etc. It was the third mag I thought might be excessive.

RJ
gotcha [wink]

C-pher said:
<SNIP>If a guy comes at me with a knife, and all I have is a gun... It might not be the correct tool... <SNIP>

gun vs. knife is always the correct response (IMO).

C-pher said:
And maybe I'm thinking of this wrong. But if you were to get into an altercation, and you were to pepper spray the BG. and they found out that you had a gun... You might be looked on a lot better by the judge and jury. Maybe because you were seen as a responsible gun owner because you didn't use it for a situation that didn't require it, but where you would have if that's all you had.

But maybe I over think some things...

I don't disagree with your thinking, but there are varying degrees of conflict - obviously - and the use of a gun is limited in its scope - obviously. Is there one correct answer for everyone? Hell, there isn't a correct answer for just one person.

Sometimes I don't carry, when I'm in H20ville... but I might carry my ASP. Depends on the day, time and where I'm going. But that's just me.

Your milage may vary. [smile]

RJ

C-pher said:
Darius and Jon over at GOAL have this great little thing that goes on your key chain that is pepper spray. It's right there with your keys. And if you don't know what it is, it looks like a Kubaton. ...

If a guy comes at me with a knife, and all I have is a gun... It might not be the correct tool...

This reminds me of when I bought these for my sister and wife (then girlfriend) one Christmas as stocking stuffers. Cute kitty!

Wild Cat Keychain

another one:
Cat Keychain

C-pher said:

If a guy comes at me with a knife, and all I have is a gun... It might not be the correct tool...

That's all I'm getting at.

And maybe I'm thinking of this wrong. But if you were to get into an altercation, and you were to pepper spray the BG. and they found out that you had a gun... You might be looked on a lot better by the judge and jury. Maybe because you were seen as a responsible gun owner because you didn't use it for a situation that didn't require it, but where you would have if that's all you had. ...

Of course, a knife is handy too. I use mine almost every day, for opening boxes, bags, cutting apples, and have even used it in restaurants when they give you a cheapo knife to cut the meat!

When all the BS about "security" happened, I swapped out the Kubaton that I used as my key-chain for a small mag-lite key-chain. That flashlight sees a LOT of use in all sorts of situations. It will NOT blind someone.

I always carry a Swiss Army Knife and a lock-blade knife everywhere I go.

When I'm CCW'g, I carry 2 spare mags out of habit regardless of the number of rounds they hold. 1911 with 3 mags +1 = 25, P99 = 31, G22 = 41 (haven't carried the Glock yet), etc.

From the professional courses I've taken, we've learned that we are far more likely to have a mag problem than anything else. So, call it an insurance policy!

LenS said:
From the professional courses I've taken, we've learned that we are far more likely to have a mag problem than anything else. So, call it an insurance policy!
+1 the cheapest part of the weapon is the part that is going to fail...

C-pher, I always carry pepper spray as well, just in case. I also make sure I've got additional ammo, just in case. It's going to be that day I don't have either the spray, or the extra ammo, that I'll wind up needing it.

I always had pepper spray and took it for granted while I was a NH resident, and gave it up when I moved to Ass, uh, Mass. It was a strange feeling when I got my LTC and realized I could legally have it again.

when i carry my 92D,i've been useing a IWB holster w/thumb break from BIANCHI (6D-15)

only problem i have is when i'm driving.i either take the holster off or move it so that it's inline with my hip.(normally it sits just past my hip towards my back)

it's a clip-on so it does have a tendency to move a slight bit after the waist band loosens up some.(not to bad though)

the holster does a good job concealing it unless i'm not wearing a long enough shirt and i either bend over or stretch upwards to much,when that happens only a very small bit of the holster shows.(the metal clip)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/beretta92d/berettainbianchiholster.jpg

Last edited:
My only complaint about the Kubaton style pepperspray is that its range is about half that of a canister style (less then 10 ft) Yes, I know all about the wind issues, etc, but if I have to wait until the danger is within 10 ft, it's too close for comfort.

Chris said:
My only complaint about the Kubaton style pepperspray is that its range is about half that of a canister style (less then 10 ft) Yes, I know all about the wind issues, etc, but if I have to wait until the danger is within 10 ft, it's too close for comfort.

Agreed. When Jon and I tested it, it was maybe a scant four feet, without wind.

Not acceptable for me.

Back
Top Bottom