• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you handle selling a gun ftf at a range?

So a buyer wants to buy a gun I have listed, but they want to shoot it at a local range. So this would cost me $20 for the range time and I guess I'm furnishing ammo, too? How do you guys handle this kind of arrangement? Really, the last thing I want to do is waste my time, money, and ammo only to have a guy say he's not interested.

I've never done anything like this. FTF you look it over, if no problems you buy it. Tell him to look at your feedback score and if that's not enough, screw em. I bet he just wants to shoot it. Is this some sort of weird firearm? any weird conditions with it? That might prompt such a request.

If he wants to shoot it, he can pay for the range time and the ammo that you provide. Unless it's some relic of a firearm with questionable condition, there's no reason to need to shoot it first, IMO.

So a buyer wants to buy a gun I have listed, but they want to shoot it at a local range. So this would cost me $20 for the range time and I guess I'm furnishing ammo, too? How do you guys handle this kind of arrangement? Really, the last thing I want to do is waste my time, money, and ammo only to have a guy say he's not interested.

If a buyer wanted to test fire it would be up to him to bring his own factory non reloaded ammo.
I would never pay for someone else to test out a gun they wanted to buy from me.

It's a friggin SKS, put ammo in it goes boom, what kind of retarded buyer is this. I mean if it was a AI 338LM and he wanted to see how it shoots at 1000 yds, yea, it would be something to show, but c'mon, It's an SKS.
Sorry Ray.

I did that once, but it was his club and my ammo. He didn't buy the gun, I was out a mag of 40, not a big deal. A week later I did the same thing with the same gun, different guy, sold the gun. So I'm on the fence, but the first time left a bad taste in my mouth so I doubt I'll do it again. The fact that I promised myself not to sell a gun again probably plays into it though.

Guess that's not much help:(

In future, if I ever DO let somebody try my gun prior to sale it's gonna be THEIR ammo though.

I have a box of .380 ammo that I purchased to test a gun I was going to buy, still have it kicking around. I would never in a 1000 years expect someone to buy ammo and range time for me to shoot their gun then decide not to buy it. Sorry but that's way too much to ask.

It's a friggin SKS, put ammo in it goes boom, what kind of retarded buyer is this. I mean if it was a AI 338LM and he wanted to see how it shoots at 1000 yds, yea, it would be something to show, but c'mon, It's an SKS.
Sorry Ray.

It's really accurate, too. I like the gun. I'm just trying to fund a relocation to the south (so long, Commiewealth of Marxichusetts!)

I'd say if he pays for the ammo and fees go for it, otherwise tell him to pound sand.

Pretty much this. The only time I've ever had a potential buyer shoot the firearm before purchasing it is if I offered it in the listing or in conversation discussing the deal.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

roll the range time and ammo into the sale, then let him shoot,after the sale is made, to ensure function only.if gun functions,sale is made.

It's probably a first time buyer or some scared buyer who has been taken advantage of in the past. You have two options as the seller. The easiest would be to find another buyer. Or let him pay all fees associated with the range.

I would provide ammo and range time if selling a high dollar machinegun. A couple of mags to the buyer would be small change in the big picture. There are guys that'll fly cross country to view an expensive MG and/or test fire it. Probably a good thing when talking 25k and up or something advertised as rare.

For an average rifle or pistol, the buyer pays the expenses.

If the gun/s were unfired, they'd stay unfired until they were paid for in full and transfered properly.

Back
Top Bottom