How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I just got my license yesterday from Carlisle, MA
Dropped off app Nov 4th
Interview Nov 14th
Called that it was ready for pickup Dec 22nd. LTC-A No Restrictions.

The Firearms Licensing Sargent in Carlisle was very helpful and friendly to work with, even giving me a mid-process phone call update.

Framingham, Dropped off the application 10/13. Went in for fingerprints/photo 10/22. Received a call on 12/23 that it is Ready.
Picked it up today no restrictions. Very nice people at the Framingham station.

18 weeks this thurs revere it was approved dec 9 still waiting hoping soon

- - - Updated - - -

The people that got it 60 days or less consider yourself lucky

Haverhill Ma
My wife
Called for appt 10/20
Appt. (App and fingerprints taken 10/28
Called to pick up license 12/18 (unrestricted )

Haverhill Ma
(ME)
Called for appt 11/03
Appt. (App and fingerprints taken 11/19
Det Corthell very nice guy very pro 2a
Still waiting for phone call (he said it would be 6-8 weeks)

I just got my license yesterday from Carlisle, MA
Dropped off app Nov 4th
Interview Nov 14th
Called that it was ready for pickup Dec 22nd. LTC-A No Restrictions.

The Firearms Licensing Sargent in Carlisle was very helpful and friendly to work with, even giving me a mid-process phone call update.

Sargent Booth? If so he is a very very nice guy.

Just got mine today... renewal application originally sent in 9/29! PD had to "reissue" LTC as I never received it in the mail!
Gonna get me an AK before Obummer takes 'em all away!

I called for updates from the records burea. not revere they were not helpful. But yes it was 145 days or something like that. It was a long wait and they don't care about the 40 day law

Georgetown
12/21/2015 - Dropped off application at PD
12/22/2015 - PD called to schedule appointment
12/31/2015 - Appointment with LO (fingerprints, ID check, payment due, no other questions)
1/12/2016 - Per FRB, "approved and pending activation"
1/15/2016 - Per FRB, processed 1/14 and awaiting printing/mailing
1/25/2016 - Picked up at PD
Total of 35 days including Christmas and New Years.

Last edited:
Hey guys new to the forum quick question
I submitted my LTC application over 2 weeks ago still no appointment for interview Billerica,MA
Is this standard procedure should I wait it out or call and inquire I hear mixed reactions about calling LO any and all opions would be great thanks

To add to this thread:

Middleboro currently takes applications and renewals on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, 10 SPOT LIST.

You must be one of the first ten people in line, every thursday (barring Holidays) or you're SOL until next week and you must try again.

Applications are processed ONLY through that system and the PD is not responsive to mail-ins.

Target hunting restrictions

- - - Updated - - -

And anyone that says you can carry to and from the range I would say that is not true

Target hunting restrictions

- - - Updated - - -

And anyone that says you can carry to and from the range I would say that is not true

What the restrictions mean depends on the town. Boston - has a written policy that doesn't allow any concealed carry with T&H restrictions. Newton - has a written policy that does allow concealed carry going to and from the range. I don't know anything about Revere, but each town gets to say what their restrictions mean.

Target hunting restrictions- - - Updated - - -And anyone that says you can carry to and from the range I would say that is not true
I'm sorry there is nothing in the MGL that says you cant. In fact it says you can since they only issue LTC-A now. The restriction is controlled by your issuing Department and you need clarification from them in writing if possible.I could be wrong and will be corrected if so....

I'm sorry there is nothing in the MGL that says you cant. In fact it says you can since they only issue LTC-A now. The restriction is controlled by your issuing Department and you need clarification from them in writing if possible.I could be wrong and will be corrected if so....

MGL gives the police departments to make their restrictions basically whatever they want, since MGL allows LTC to be revoked for restriction violations.

Keep in mind, it's your chief, who determines the restrictions he wants followed in your (his) town. What happens two towns over, is anybody's guess. Can you carry there? Who knows? Can you tell the cop, "my chief says it's OK to carry, cuz I'm on my way to the range?" Maybe you'll be fine, maybe you won't.

I don't think this can ever be answered definitively without a court case.

Back
Top Bottom