• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long does LTC renewal take ?

Only 6 months prior? Definitely not enough time. Last I heard it was taking anywhere between 9-12 months. You pretty much have to submit your renewal for your next LTC as soon as you get issued your current LTC.
Sent it in mid-July, new permit just arrived this afternoon ... less than 3 months, actually. Only good thing about this system is that they don't renew based on processing date, they renew based on previous expiration (at least when it's early) ... so I just need to not lose it and remember to change it out next March when the current one expires.

Greetings,

Wondering how long license renewal took for you.

I have a gun on layaway and curious if I should even continue it.

Thanks,
-Roscoe
i have my receipt, Chelsea said its pending review local pd, 4 months still waiting local firearms does not answer the phone

LTC renewal, took about 1 month, police officer delivered it to my house about an hour ago. I was a bit surprised when he showed up with it, figured it would be another week or two anyways.

Sent on Jan 7th, still waiting. LTC status hotline at CJIS said it was approved so...still waiting for something I'm not totally sure about

Billerica took less than 30 days from "interview" to the new one coming in the mail.

The whole process was absurd. The "interview" didn't include any of:
- photo
- fingerprint
- signature
- any questions besides the PP disqualifying ones.

I'd dropped off a paper application with a check a week before. So.. five weeks total.

I'm not complaining, they were fast, and the process was easy.

It's kind of absurd I needed to go in for the "interview" at all, given that all the same questions were also on the paper application, that had a signature on it.

Even the officer who asked me the questions (not the licensing officer, who I never met) seemed to think it was a little silly.

Interestingly, they used my driver's licence picture, not my previous LTC picture.

LTC renewal, took about 1 month, police officer delivered it to my house about an hour ago. I was a bit surprised when he showed up with it, figured it would be another week or two anyways.

You must live in Western Ma where they deliver your milk in glass bottles to you door. GTFO.

i knew a guy who died before his came. he was waiting years. he kept asking here on nes instead of wandering down to his local pd to find out what the hell was the hold up.

Sent in tor a renewal of a 9-YO expired license a month ago. Called the FLB hotline today, they say the local PD is still "processing the background check". Been just over a month since they cashed the check.

Time keeps on tickin' tickin', into the future...
What town?

What town?

Update...I called again last week, and the response is still the same..."The local PD is still conducting background checks".

Whatever. (I think this means they lost my application, but they already cashed the check. I will no longer be calling them for updates, and will report only when the renewal comes in the mail. ETA based on my observations... I would guess end of summer. So end-of-August thereabouts.)

Will update here only when the card is in my hands.

Flom.

Update...I called again last week, and the response is still the same..."The local PD is still conducting background checks".

Whatever. (I think this means they lost my application, but they already cashed the check. I will no longer be calling them for updates, and will report only when the renewal comes in the mail. ETA based on my observations... I would guess end of summer. So end-of-August thereabouts.)

Will update here only when the card is in my hands.

Flom.
Lost nothing. They're slow walking it because that's what some towns still do.

Back
Top Bottom