How threatening the threat? LTC/ALP question

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. I have a question for the legal gurus et al. concerning my coming application for an LTC-A ALP in Boston. I understand that Boston does not issue ALP save for business owners. But this summer my spouse and I have had a number of very threatening remarks made to us and I was wondering if this is worth noting as I beg for an ALP.

Forgive the vagueness of the following. All names and pronouns have been changed due to the sensitive nature of the situation. The individual in question lives in Boston and recently suffered a terrible tragedy (death of a family member) and mistakenly thinks us (my spouse specifically) to be responsible. The person has said things like "You killed my [family member]!", "Its all your fault!" and "I'm coming down there right now!" (The last comment said in reference to my spouse's place of work. The person did not come as threatened).

These threats have caused some real fear concerning our ability to protect ourselves. A former firefighter, I know how important training is and will be taking a CCW class this fall. I'll be turning in my LTC papers to BPD this week and would love any help in deciding what to include.

Thanks all. jped

Last edited:
Welcome to Northeastshooters. I think you will find us a very friendly and informative bunch.

These threats have caused some real fear concerning our ability to protect ourselves.

My first question would be, did you report this threat to the police? The first rule in situations like this seems to be to create a paper trail.

Didnt report to police...actually I didn't even think to do so. The threats were made over the telephone a few weeks back. Do you think it is still worth filing a report?

Didnt report to police...actually I didn't even think to do so. The threats were made over the telephone a few weeks back. Do you think it is still worth filing a report?

Yes its still worth filing a report, so that if/when you have to use force, there is a formal report of prior threat.

Just my two cents......If I were being threatened in any realistic manner......gun laws be damned!!! I'd be carrying, permit or not. I'd make a gun if I had to.
I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.

No bureaucratic bullshit gun law is ever going to stand between me or my family, living or dieing as a result of a legitimate forecasted threat.
You can take that to the bank!!!

I agree with Finalygotabeltfed. At least as far as the reporting.

My next suggestion is to do some searching here and look at getting some qualified legal advice from a lawyer who specializes in these sorts of matters. There are a few on this forum. I'd name names but I don't want to forget someone.

Good luck.

if you decide to apply for a LTC I'd be cautious about saying you/familyare being threatened. BPD frowns on self defense. Maybe Mumbles will let you move in with him[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Last edited:
Welcome, we hope you enjoy it here.

You truly need the help of an attorney who specializes in helping people get their LTC-A/ALP without the hassle of appealing decisions that aren't in your favor.

I have had good results when putting together LTC applications for my clients from Boston.

It's very important to do a superb job stating your reasons for needing to carry a gun for self-defense. Most people applying for LTCs in Boston don't spend enough time stating a case for themselves, and it shows when their application for an ALP Class A LTC is denied.

Darius Arbabi

I would strongly recommend that confiding in a competent attorney would
be the first thing to do.

Both regarding the threat and the ALP> before you report anything to the BPD.

JimB

Didnt report to police...actually I didn't even think to do so.
As others have suggested, contact a competent attorney before you go any further.

I do suspect, however, that you'll need to be able to document the threat. So somewhere along the line you'll need to report it to the police.

I do suggest that ASAP you right down (in ink) everything you can remember about the incident(s) in question -- who said what, when, where, etc.

Back
Top Bottom