How to defend against a CCW when unarmed

I get it it's a joke thread, but I have told my (very large) brother, that if anyone pulls a gun on him, to immediately run. I'm kind of assuming that most muggers would not have a ton of range time. As such, I have told him if it's a .22 or other small caliber, they might hit you, but unlikely to be fatal (particularly given my brothers size) larger caliber they probably will miss. I really believe in that advice.
Move to your left as the untrained thug will probably be jerking it low and right. Plus, according to FBI stats it takes an average of 3.something shots in any caliber to kill someone so the probability of an untrained criminal hitting you in a vital spot if you're moving/evading works in your favor. If you can draw down on them your odds increase significantly.

Move to your left as the untrained thug will probably be jerking it low and right. Plus, according to FBI stats it takes an average of 3.something shots in any caliber to kill someone so the probability of an untrained criminal hitting you in a vital spot if you're moving/evading works in your favor. If you can draw down on them your odds increase significantly.

poke attacker in the eye, throw a smokebomb, run away, climb the outside of a parking garage building, hop on a ducati, ghost out of there GTA style

A couple of years ago, I took defending against the gun from and IDF instructor. It was a cool course, but I’d you aren’t practicing it at least weekly, you should just run like hell or poop yourself and start crying.

The IDF guy wanted to know if I was military or police. I spend too much time here. Lol

so, both my kids attend the MMA school - both are at brown belts level - they had there somewhat a similar thing shown/taught by their sensei as a part of self-defence practices. specifically it was a training on grabbing the arm with gun pressing into your chest, and grabbing the draw.

my oldest kid is 15, we then talked about it and at home i showed him how his martial arts tech he was shown would unfold in a real life scenario with me having my gun in my OWB holster and him trying to get it from me.
so i a had to imprint it into his brain - if you will ever see a f#ck with a hand moving toward a gun - you dodge, run and hide. you do not attempt to grab that gun, ever.

you would think it is all stupid and absurd, but, it is actually a rather real topic.
If they’re seriously intent on shooting you what do you think will happen as you turn and run?

took defending against the gun from and IDF instructor
i bet the training looked pretty similar to a sambo clip i posted - removing a gun from an extended hand of a stationary attacker?
or from this stance below? as good luck grabbing that without getting shot first.
all i was saying - a typical training like that really produces more negativity than positivity - it gives trainee a feel of false confidence where should be none whatsoever, only awareness.
going empty handed for a gun pointed at you is a colossal risk, and an extremely stupid thing to do. that is all.
1629661995958.png

I get it it's a joke thread, but I have told my (very large) brother, that if anyone pulls a gun on him, to immediately run. I'm kind of assuming that most muggers would not have a ton of range time. As such, I have told him if it's a .22 or other small caliber, they might hit you, but unlikely to be fatal (particularly given my brothers size) larger caliber they probably will miss. I really believe in that advice.
You have it backwards, run from a knife.
D273B2A5-0A21-4A05-A921-9C0B7E5366C1.jpeg

I loved those books when I was a kid. Those and Mack Bolan. Lol

Anyway, how long did this video take to shoot? The assistant recovered from his injuries on pretty well.
Ahh, Mack Bolan! Spetznaz! Beretta 93R's and Colt Pythons! Good times.

i bet the training looked pretty similar to a sambo clip i posted - removing a gun from an extended hand of a stationary attacker?
or from this stance below? as good luck grabbing that without getting shot first.
all i was saying - a typical training like that really produces more negativity than positivity - it gives trainee a feel of false confidence where should be none whatsoever, only awareness.
going empty handed for a gun pointed at you is a colossal risk, and an extremely stupid thing to do. that is all.
View attachment 515123

Oh definitely extended arm. I’m pretty sure if some dirtbag draws on me he doesn’t have good training and discipline.

nah, it was more about something like this, below.
it is only 2 positions, usually training goes on 5 or 6 - with gun pointed to face, gun pressing to chest, gun pointed to back, and then reaching for a gun in a holster.
all that relies on the hesitance of the shooter to pull a trigger and lack of commitment to a kill. which is, as i stated earlier, it a pretty huge presumption.

View: https://youtu.be/HjrChuDWqZo?t=9

nah, no need to stand that close to someone, when you have a gun pointed at them.

Back
Top Bottom