How's the Wilmington (Shriners Auditorium) shows? Are they similar to Marlboro,

I wandered around for a couple of hours Sunday, didn't see anything terribly interesting. You'd probably find more good stuff in a few hours rummaging through local gun shops.

There are plenty of people who come to these shows but only a small percentage of them buy anything, and it doesn't seem to matter what price something is, either. I see vendors with a few decent deals, untouched, and plenty of other vendors with brutally overpriced stuff, also untouched. I think generically it's not a matter of pricing but less people are impulse buying anything these days. There is also an extraordinary amount of tire kickers these days. Lots of people walking around but more of them want to just pet the guns (like it's a petting zoo or something) and then on top of this, carry on a 20 minute conversation with you, then you give them the farm (a big discount) and then they still "have to think about it" which basically is code for "I'm not interested, and never really was ever interested, but I'm too embarrassed at my behavior to freely admit that I just completely wasted your time. "

-Mike

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but, would you rather that tire-kicker just walk on by and show no interest at all? That would be the ideal time to hand them your business card, write on it the gun they were looking at, and give a handshake while telling them your name and to call you when they're ready to buy. I left with 0 firearms, but 2 business cards. JMHO

Also, is there a table layout map from the show? I looked at a Ruger MKII with rubber target grips and a red dot at a vendor near the PIN inquiry table along the front wall. Their setup was a bunch of pistols on a red felt display that was sort of like stadium seating.

vendor.PNG

I was there Saturday afternoon with SKS Ray and Inerlogic after the Pumpkin Blast. It was an OK show. While I was walking around I realized that I hadn't been to any gun show at all since before my dad passed away June of last year. We used to set up as vendors at gun shows all over New England in the 80's and 90's. He was still doing them by himself up until 2005 and I would occasionally come join him. For years, when I was much younger though I would be with him pretty much ever weekend. Gun shows were different back then. You know, back when the internet hadn't been invented yet. [laugh]

I ended up walking out with a new Kershaw knife and a couple boxes of LVE 9x18 for $16/ea.

It was definitely worth price of admission and was much more enjoyable for me than this past Marlborough show. Perfect attendance numbers to mosey around, get a good look at every table, and not feel rushed to any degree.

I second that.

I'm wondering if you guys can help me, when you walked in, on the left, there was a vendor with a long row of table side to side lined with rifles, AK's AR's an SVT, lots of Century C39's with blonde furniture etc. Does anyone know the dealers name?

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if you guys can help me, when you walked in, on the left, there was a vendor with a long row of table side to side lined with rifles, AK's AR's an SVT, lots of Century C39's with blonde furniture etc. Does anyone know the dealers name?

Thanks in advance.
Are you sure you don't mean on the right? There were two dealers side-by-side up against the retracted bleachers:

Traditional Wood and Weaponry Services of Boxborough, and,
Fine Line Firearms, LLC of Boxborough

Are you sure you don't mean on the right? There were two dealers side-by-side up against the retracted bleachers:

Traditional Wood and Weaponry Services of Boxborough, and,
Fine Line Firearms, LLC of Boxborough

The one on the right had the SVT (overpriced) as I recall

Back
Top Bottom