• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting ban in Middleboro

Yeah, but when they try to enforce it if you resist things don't always go the way we imagined in our heads.

Resist?

Think he said he'd wait for an EPO to sort it out. Or should be....... Sure....that EPO could be an political ass kissing, knows someone, don't know shit, appointee. Or....your could get someone like FisherTech who sounds like he doesn't give a fxck about political correctness. I agree his breed is probably dwindling out there in the EPO world nowadays.

Either way, state law says if it goes to court the whole thing gets thrown out, WRT hunting on state land. Anything on private land...yeah...your gonna have some legal jeopordy.

That's exactly what I said. I never advocated resisting law enforcement. I advocated asking to be turned over to the proper law enforcement authority who has jurisdiction. If the townie doesn't want to obey the law on the matter, that's fine. I'm not going to adjudicate that on the side of the road. I'll comply. After the case is junked in court, you can rest assured I'll be suing the town for a whole lot of money, and they'll pay. You don't get to ignore or break the law just because you wear a badge. Additionally, qualified immunity does not apply if the officer is found to have broken the law, which he would have. That means he could be individually liable for damages, meaning I would probably walk away from that exchange owning his house.
Every townie knows this, and this is why they will not f*** with you on state land. They call the EPO and let them handle it.

What the actual f***?

Middleboro has the largest deer population in the state. What in the Karen backed bullshit is this.

Well that's just it. I think there is something similar to Lyme disease that occurs. If you increase the deer population to a certain level, the Karens show up and attempt to further halt the hunting of deer.

Look at the Karen-to-normal ratios in the high deer areas of mASS. Nantucket. Murthurz Vineyard. Cape of Cod. Now it's spreading to Middleburrah. "Oh the poor deers!" Hope this lady hits one on her way home tonight and totals her car.

I'll be suing the town for a whole lot of money, and they'll pay. You don't get to ignore or break the law just because you wear a badge.
Is there a precedent of towns paying "a whole lot of money" when these things happen?

Serious question because everyone always thinks people get a lot of money if they go after the gov, but they usually don't get much.

Every State is different, so I am asking specifically about MA.

What the actual f***?

Middleboro has the largest deer population in the state. What in the Karen backed bullshit is this.
My buddy was telling me, I need to research this, in Michigan they do a Deer call once in a while.

They call on people that took a class to set up in parks, at night, with supressors, and kill a bunch of deer when the population is out of control.

Just like that, the Midwest sounds better each time I think about it.

I think he said they have to be headshots.

Any update?
the board voted to rescind the policy. However they will revisit the issue. Although why, it is beyond me other than appeasing snowflakes. That concerns us all. I'm not sure why we can't keep the same state policy on hunting as we have had all along. A couple of city folk scared of GUNZ I guess.
The director supervisor at Mass fish and wildlife , Jason Zimmer spoke and was outstanding. A few others made some good points as well.

I didn't know this (don't hunt in MA). Where do people go in Middleboro?
On the right hand side of 105 between 106 and 44 there's always folks parked in spots along the highlighted area when I go past on the way to work ~6:20 A.M. ever since the season started, and outside of season I've seen heaps of deer along that entire section of 105. IIRC it's private land though.
1702005899382.png

I think that you need to check the town by-laws. Galvin is a Whore who I went nose to nose with over the deer issue that I mentioned in this thread, The officer involved was "Streeter" I think he went to Salisbury and became chief there. If that is the case you know what happen if that is the same person who became chief in Newton, NH
What year was this?

I mean. Not to be a blowhard but at what point does the morally and ethically grounded man decide to just ignore laws that have no business being passed. If you’re in the woods, and by any commonly understood measure you are not poaching… I’d say you have every right to be there, and defend yourself as needed.
It is the lack of this that will soon result in us all having no freedom or natural rights at all. I watched this happen in the Lobster Fishing industry over 50 years. By and large those guys are some of the most law abiding people you'll ever meet. Every time another rule was heaped on by the enviro-nazis they'd say well we can't be breaking laws. Where did that get them?

Is there a precedent of towns paying "a whole lot of money" when these things happen?

Serious question because everyone always thinks people get a lot of money if they go after the gov, but they usually don't get much.

Every State is different, so I am asking specifically about MA.

Most people never get to see what they deserve because they lack the resources to fight. I am not such a person. I have both the means and the force of will. Also - by a whole lot of money - I'm not talking about several million. It would be something well under 1 mil. But enough to make it sting enough that the town f***s off and learns a thing. It's not unreasonable to expect the legal bill alone, for both the defense and subsequent civil suit - which they would have to cover - to be north of 6 figures. That's a whole lot of money to most people.

This. They make up some crap that you did x, y and z and they just had to kick the bleep out of you.

IDK what world you guys live in. But most of the cops I both know or have encountered are decent people trying to do a tough job in an even tougher political climate. You people make it sound like we live in Nazi Germany. I've never seen any brown shirts kicking the shit out of a rando on the side of the road - ever - in my life. How about you?

There are no absolutes. Yes, there are bad apples. But stop with the bullshit of lumping all the police officers into a statist thug classification. You're no better than ANTIFA or BLM when you pull that shit. I suppose you'll suggest we defund them next... you know... to stop them from making shit up to jam you up for no reason other than their amusement.

IDK what world you guys live in. But most of the cops I both know or have encountered are decent people trying to do a tough job in an even tougher political climate. You people make it sound like we live in Nazi Germany. I've never seen any brown shirts kicking the shit out of a rando on the side of the road - ever - in my life. How about you?

There are no absolutes. Yes, there are bad apples. But stop with the bullshit of lumping all the police officers into a statist thug classification. You're no better than ANTIFA or BLM when you pull that shit. I suppose you'll suggest we defund them next... you know... to stop them from making shit up to jam you up for no reason other than their amusement.
I’ll be the first to say I’ve had many completely confidence inspiring interactions with police. They are not all bad.

The topic here is an arguably tyrannical law being passed by the town government. Who are the teeth of that law? The police. We are discussing the ramifications of the law, and of not following it. Who is going to be on the other side of that equation? The police.

At the end of the day police enforcing the law are a stones throw away from nazi officers just following orders. The only differences are the depravity / moral standing of the orders. That may sound like hyperbole but it’s true. I fully believe that many cops would walk off the job if they were ordered to enforce truly evil laws. Some wouldn’t.

In this case it’s just a little oppressive. Just a little restriction of your god given rights. It’s probably not “evil”. But it’s toeing the line of tyranny pretty closely. So how many of Middleboro’s PD do you think will ignore the law and let folks hunt? If they do enforce the law, do you not see that it’s on the spectrum of nazi Germany? “Just following orders sir, sorry I don’t like it either”

It’s slowly, then all at once.

I’ll be the first to say I’ve had many completely confidence inspiring interactions with police. They are not all bad.

The topic here is an arguably tyrannical law being passed by the town government. Who are the teeth of that law? The police. We are discussing the ramifications of the law, and of not following it. Who is going to be on the other side of that equation? The police.

At the end of the day police enforcing the law are a stones throw away from nazi officers just following orders. The only differences are the depravity / moral standing of the orders. That may sound like hyperbole but it’s true. I fully believe that many cops would walk off the job if they were ordered to enforce truly evil laws. Some wouldn’t.

In this case it’s just a little oppressive. Just a little restriction of your god given rights. It’s probably not “evil”. But it’s toeing the line of tyranny pretty closely. So how many of Middleboro’s PD do you think will ignore the law and let folks hunt? If they do enforce the law, do you not see that it’s on the spectrum of nazi Germany? “Just following orders sir, sorry I don’t like it either”

It’s slowly, then all at once.

I expect Middleboro's cops to obey STATE LAW which supersedes their municipal ordinance. That state law requires that they recognize hunting as a protected activity on state lands. If they wanted to ban hunting on municipal lands, that is in their purview. It's stupid, but if it's their prerogative. If the people of Middleborough don't like it, then they need to belly up and run for office. But when it comes to STATE owned land - such as the Rockey Gutter WMA, they have absolutely zero authority. I hunt there. I am not alone. I will continue to hunt there no matter what law they pass.

New Bedford tried to pull this shit too. They have a discharge ordinance and NB police used to - USED TO - harass hunters in the Acushnet Cedar Swamp which is DCR land (state land). They stopped after the State Police educated them on the matter.

Actually, the biggest issue I have against cops is when they stand around and watch BLM and ANTIFA burn peoples's businesses because they care more about their f...ing pensions than about actually looking out for law and order. Until they stand up and say that their bosses are using them as STATIST thugs then they are the PROBLEM but we get back to the almighty pension, so no. And yes, I have seen cops kicking the crap out of people that just said something that they took offense to. Pretty much all back when cameras everywhere were not a thing. You don't know me. If you did you'd likely think that I'm way to far to the right. A crap load of people need to be arrested and locked the fu.k up, but no one should have their constitutional rights taken away. The constitution is pretty clear. Any moron can understand it if they just give it a try. Defund them? Hell no, they will defund themselves if they can't stand up to the fu.kin commies that run them like puppets.

Actually, the biggest issue I have against cops is when they stand around and watch BLM and ANTIFA burn peoples's businesses because they care more about their f...ing pensions than about actually looking out for law and order. Until they stand up and say that their bosses are using them as STATIST thugs then they are the PROBLEM but we get back to the almighty pension, so no. And yes, I have seen cops kicking the crap out of people that just said something that they took offense to. Pretty much all back when cameras everywhere were not a thing. You don't know me. If you did you'd likely think that I'm way to far to the right. A crap load of people need to be arrested and locked the fu.k up, but no one should have their constitutional rights taken away. The constitution is pretty clear. Any moron can understand it if they just give it a try. Defund them? Hell no, they will defund themselves if they can't stand up to the fu.kin commies that run them like puppets.

I'm gonna bet that's a management decision.

Sort of like if you need a tire change on teh highway. Ever see a state trooper change a tire? Years ago, you used to. Not anymore. One too many troopers got injured helping a rando (I love that - rando. LOL) and the state put a stop to it. Turn on your flashy-flashies and wait for the tow truck. Same for debris in the roadway. They aren't allowed to pick it up. Flashy-flashies. DOT shows up to clean it up.

So even if Officer Friendly (who from Taunton remembers him and the SCUM SUCKING PIGS?) WANTS to help, he could lose his job or get reprimanded for it. And given he is countermanding an order, he is not acting as a police ossifer but as a private citizen.

I'm gonna bet that's a management decision.

Sort of like if you need a tire change on teh highway. Ever see a state trooper change a tire? Years ago, you used to. Not anymore. One too many troopers got injured helping a rando (I love that - rando. LOL) and the state put a stop to it. Turn on your flashy-flashies and wait for the tow truck. Same for debris in the roadway. They aren't allowed to pick it up. Flashy-flashies. DOT shows up to clean it up.

So even if Officer Friendly (who from Taunton remembers him and the SCUM SUCKING PIGS?) WANTS to help, he could lose his job or get reprimanded for it. And given he is countermanding an order, he is not acting as a police ossifer but as a private citizen.
A statie changed my wife’s tire last year on rt24.

Sort of like if you need a tire change on teh highway. Ever see a state trooper change a tire? Years ago, you used to. Not anymore . . .
Yes I have !

I did see one last spring changing a tire on in the breakdown lane on the 495 NB in Middleboro. I was shocked! He had his campaign hat on, nice crisp uniform on, whistle lanyard swooping.

Pretty impressive. I was shocked - what a sight to see!

Read this and the first video on my Instagram...

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/FoJWRncDHec?si=eNF6WhYRNB7SKESh

No one is saying every cop is an a-hole. But all you need is to run across that one a-hole.
Post#52, go read it. If Fisher wasn't nice, that person could have had a really sh*tty day.

I watched this happen in the Lobster Fishing industry over 50 years. By and large those guys are some of the most law abiding people you'll ever meet.
We must know different lobstamen.. LOL
It would be something well under 1 mil. But enough to make it sting enough that the town f***s off and learns a thing. It's not unreasonable to expect the legal bill alone, for both the defense and subsequent civil suit - which they would have to cover - to be north of 6 figures. That's a whole lot of money to most people.
That's a ton of money to me, but I think that to some of these liberal hacks, because it's not their money personally, they don't give a frogs fat ass.
IDK what world you guys live in. But most of the cops I both know or have encountered are decent people trying to do a tough job
You are correct. I think we live in different worlds. I have had many positive interactions with cops but a few that were less than positive, and I am a white guy. I mean, the internet is full of thousands of videos of cops being pricks. And some cops are decent 99% of the time, but every now and again, go full motard.
Like that K9 cop that let his dog chew on the trucker. He probably did a great job 1000 days in a row. But then one day, be done f***ed up. That is all anyone will ever remember.
That state law requires that they recognize hunting as a protected activity on state lands. If they wanted to ban hunting on municipal lands, that is in their purview. It's stupid, but if it's their prerogative.
Honest question. What if a town passes an ordinance banning the discharge of a firearm? Does that hold any water?
I know some towns have shooting bans. (Sharon?)

Honest question. What if a town passes an ordinance banning the discharge of a firearm? Does that hold any water?
I know some towns have shooting bans. (Sharon?)
Yes, Mass. has home town rule. Many towns in that state have that by law or ordinance.

Back
Top Bottom