• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting ban in Middleboro

IDK what world you guys live in. But most of the cops I both know or have encountered are decent people trying to do a tough job in an even tougher political climate. You people make it sound like we live in Nazi Germany. I've never seen any brown shirts kicking the shit out of a rando on the side of the road - ever - in my life. How about you?

There are no absolutes. Yes, there are bad apples. But stop with the bullshit of lumping all the police officers into a statist thug classification. You're no better than ANTIFA or BLM when you pull that shit. I suppose you'll suggest we defund them next... you know... to stop them from making shit up to jam you up for no reason other than their amusement.
Yup 1979 Revere PD.
Pulled over a Cabbie that must have been late on his payoffs in the wee hours of the morning.
Beat the bag out of him and left him in a heap on the side of the road.
I saw the whole show from the window of the coffee shop I was in.
That was the same time frame they got videoed by some guy loading up the trunks of the cruisers when they responded to an alarm at the pharmacy in the Westgate plaza.
I understand they had to hold the guy out in the midwest somewhere under witness protection to keep him alive long enough to testify .

IDK what world you guys live in. But most of the cops I both know or have encountered are decent people trying to do a tough job in an even tougher political climate. You people make it sound like we live in Nazi Germany. I've never seen any brown shirts kicking the shit out of a rando on the side of the road - ever - in my life. How about you?

There are no absolutes. Yes, there are bad apples. But stop with the bullshit of lumping all the police officers into a statist thug classification. You're no better than ANTIFA or BLM when you pull that shit. I suppose you'll suggest we defund them next... you know... to stop them from making shit up to jam you up for no reason other than their amusement.
Da-Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

Read this and the first video on my Instagram...

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/FoJWRncDHec?si=eNF6WhYRNB7SKESh

No one is saying every cop is an a-hole. But all you need is to run across that one a-hole.
Post#52, go read it. If Fisher wasn't nice, that person could have had a really sh*tty day.

Like I said before... and will say again... I won't adjudicate anything with law enforcement on the side of the road. I comply. If they want to jam me up in violation of the law - which is what we're discussing - I'm not going to convince them to do otherwise. What I will do is own their house when all is said and done and the lawsuits settle.

Honest question. What if a town passes an ordinance banning the discharge of a firearm? Does that hold any water?
I know some towns have shooting bans. (Sharon?)

Hunting is still a protected activity on WMAs. State law is explicit in that. Private property, municipal land, land trusts, etc... = no-fly zone.

Well then you go on with your BLM, ANTIFA sympathizing defund the police self. I'm all good with that over here.
I'm not going to go into a long winded response to your inaccurate assumptions of who I am. All I will say is you sound a bit narrow minded on this particular subject. I don't get tied up into the whole good cop bad cop debate. I don't have that kind of time to sort out who's who. Law enforcement is obviously a necessary evil, but I just don't trust them. End of story. Back on topic please.

Like I said before... and will say again... I won't adjudicate anything with law enforcement on the side of the road. I comply. If they want to jam me up in violation of the law - which is what we're discussing - I'm not going to convince them to do otherwise. What I will do is own their house when all is said and done and the lawsuits settle.
1. This is the point people have been trying to make and you keep saying it won't happen because they always do the right thing.

2. You won't own their house. They will keep their job, house and salary.

1. This is the point people have been trying to make and you keep saying it won't happen because they always do the right thing.

2. You won't own their house. They will keep their job, house and salary.

1. I never said that.

2. Depends. Police are NOT allowed to break the law because they wear a badge. If they do so they lose qualified immunity. Loss of qualified immunity means the officer can be sued as an individual and held individually liable. That means - I COULD own their house when it's all said and done. Maybe not literally, but they could be on the hook for a figure that's deep into 6 figures - just to cover my legal bills. That means they would have to liquidate assets to pay up. The house is most people's largest asset.... So....

Back to 1:
What I DID SAY is that such officers are not dumb enough to put themselves in such a position. If Karen calls about someone hunting on state land in violation of some bullshit ordinance, they're just going to tell Karen to call the environmental police. The env police will in turn educate Karen on state law, and send her on her way.

This shit happens every day somewhere in the state during hunting season. Some people seem to think Middleboro is the first town to try to pull this shit. New Bedford has had a discharge ordinance for DECADES and it's never stopped anyone from hunting Acushnet Cedar Swamp - half of which is in New Bedford.

...and yes I do believe MOST police are generally good people doing a tough job. A job most of us wouldn't want. Will you find bad apples -absolutely? Are those instances amplified on the internet - you bet your f***ing ass they are. You'll see a video of a cop who tasered a cuffed man on YouTube, but you know what you won't see.... The Statie that helped a gentleman's wife change a tire on the highway was mentioned in a post earlier in this thread.

I have personally been in a WMA in Rochester (Haskell Swamp), that some Karen, who thought she was clever, posted... LOL... and then called the cops on me for hunting.... LOL... The cops and I had a good laugh about it. I reported it to Mass Wildlife and the EPO came out and took all Karen's signs down, put up their own that clearly stated it was a state WMA, and hunting was allowed.

I do find it amusing though, that some here, who have never contributed to the hunting threads - and I'm thus assuming don't hunt - are going to try to tell me - an avid hunter - what hunter encounters with law enforcement will be like. That's comical. My last encounter with law enforcement while hunting was with an officer who was cool as shit. We did the formalities, he checked my paperwork, etc. Once all that was done, we started shooting the shit about hunting equipment, deer hunting tactics, etc. He was cool as shit. I can't say every game warden is like that. But every game warden I have encountered was... and I've encountered quite a few. Aside from having them do their thing to make sure I'm on point, I also report to them some illegal shit I see happening in the woods. Illegal shoot houses constructed in trees on state land, dumping, that sort of shit. Every experience I've had with an EPO was a positive one.

This notion that all, or even the majority of cops are bad people, is in my experience, crap.

Last edited:
1. I never said that.

2. Depends. Police are NOT allowed to break the law because they wear a badge. If they do so they lose qualified immunity. Loss of qualified immunity means the officer can be sued as an individual and held individually liable. That means - I COULD own their house when it's all said and done. Maybe not literally, but they could be on the hook for a figure that's deep into 6 figures - just to cover my legal bills. That means they would have to liquidate assets to pay up. The house is most people's largest asset.... So....

Back to 1:
What I DID SAY is that such officers are not dumb enough to put themselves in such a position. If Karen calls about someone hunting on state land in violation of some bullshit ordinance, they're just going to tell Karen to call the environmental police. The env police will in turn educate Karen on state law, and send her on her way.

This shit happens every day somewhere in the state during hunting season. Some people seem to think Middleboro is the first town to try to pull this shit. New Bedford has had a discharge ordinance for DECADES and it's never stopped anyone from hunting Acushnet Cedar Swamp - half of which is in New Bedford.

...and yes I do believe MOST police are generally good people doing a tough job. A job most of us wouldn't want. Will you find bad apples -absolutely? Are those instances amplified on the internet - you bet your f***ing ass they are. You'll see a video of a cop who tasered a cuffed man on YouTube, but you know what you won't see.... The Statie that helped a gentleman's wife change a tire on the highway was mentioned in a post earlier in this thread.

I have personally been in a WMA in Rochester (Haskell Swamp), that some Karen, who thought she was clever, posted... LOL... and then called the cops on me for hunting.... LOL... The cops and I had a good laugh about it. I reported it to Mass Wildlife and the EPO came out and took all Karen's signs down, put up their own that clearly stated it was a state WMA, and hunting was allowed.

I do find it amusing though, that some here, who have never contributed to the hunting threads - and I'm thus assuming don't hunt - are going to try to tell me - an avid hunter - what hunter encounters with law enforcement will be like. That's comical. My last encounter with law enforcement while hunting was with an officer who was cool as shit. We did the formalities, he checked my paperwork, etc. Once all that was done, we started shooting the shit about hunting equipment, deer hunting tactics, etc. He was cool as shit. I can't say every game warden is like that. But every game warden I have encountered was... and I've encountered quite a few. Aside from having them do their thing to make sure I'm on point, I also report to them some illegal shit I see happening in the woods. Illegal shoot houses constructed in trees on state land, dumping, that sort of shit. Every experience I've had with an EPO was a positive one.

This notion that all, or even the majority of cops are bad people, is in my experience, crap.
Might I suggest you take a peek at what is going on over in Canton right now. Keep in mind that kind of stuff has been going on for a very long time under the guise that the police and courts are the good guys. That particular situation wouldn't have come to light if not for one person calling bulls*** on the police.

Might I suggest you take a peek at what is going on over in Canton right now. Keep in mind that kind of stuff has been going on for a very long time under the guise that the police and courts are the good guys. That particular situation wouldn't have come to light if not for one person calling bulls*** on the police.

Can you be a little more specific? Canton is one of the towns with an ordinance against hunting. I know that much. I do remember reading about some Karens there protesting the Blue Hills hunt too. Are you talking about something else?

I'm not going to convince them to do otherwise. What I will do is own their house when all is said and done and the lawsuits settle
I have often heard this said, but can honestly say, I have never heard it actually happen. I am not saying that it has never happened, but I can not think of one case.

I've never seen any brown shirts kicking the shit out of a rando on the side of the road - ever - in my life. How about you?
I have seen it once and it happened to me once when I was a kid. I will keep the story short. I had a dirt bike and decided to take a short cut through an apartment complex to get home, with my buddy on the back. Cop was in the complex and saw us. I really thought if I went off road, he would not chase me. I was sooo wrong. Needless to say, even over a rough field, a Suzuki RM125 can not out run a 1980's Crown Vic. My buddy started screaming to stop, that he was going to kill us. When I looked over my shoulder, all four wheels of that Crown Vic were off the ground and there was a huge cloud of red Georgia clay dust. I decided that I better stop and began to slow. But the cop didn't.
He hit my bike so hard that we went flying and the back tire was wedged under the front bumper. He hit both of us in the head with his flash light, and then gave us both a quick beating before throwing us on the black hood of his car in the August sun. We both had burns on our hands face and arms, and I am pretty sure he cracked a rib.

The event I witnessed happened on rte 24 north, in 97or 98. Cops were chasing a car and traffic had come to a crawl. Saw them coming in my rear view and was wondering where he was going to go. The guy dove into the median strip and jumped out and put his hands up. They Rodney King'd his ass right there next to bumper to bumper traffic.

I think it is pretty much common knowledge that if you lead cops on a pursuit for any length of time, when they catch you, your mug shot is going to make your momma cry, cuz you are going to look like Eric Stoltz in the Mask.

Last edited:
I have often heard this said, but can honestly say, I have never heard it actually happen. I am not saying that it has never happened, but I can not think of one case.

There are law firms that not only do it but make it their business model. They talk about suing for false arrests and injuries such as lost wages, etc resulting from...

I have seen it once and it happened to me once when I was a kid. I will keep the story short. I had a dirt bike and decided to take a short cut through an apartment complex to get home, with my buddy on the back. Cop was in the complex and saw us. I really thought if I went off road, he would not chase me. I was sooo wrong. Needless to say, even over a rough field, a Suzuki RM125 can not out run a 1980's Crown Vic. My buddy started screaming to stop, that he was going to kill us. When I looked over my shoulder, all four wheels of that Crown Vic were off the ground and there was a huge cloud of red Georgia clay dust. I decided that I better stop and began to slow. But the cop didn't.
He hit my bike so hard that we went flying and the back tire was wedged under the front bumper. He hit both of us in the head with his flash light, and then gave us both a quick beating before throwing us on the black hood of his car in the August sun. We both had burns on our hands face and arms, and I am pretty sure he cracked a rib.

The event I witnessed happened on rte 24 north, in 97or 98. Cops were chasing a car and traffic had come to a crawl. Saw them coming in my rear view and was wondering where he was going to go. The guy dove into the median strip and jumped out and put his hands up. They Rodney King'd his ass right there next to bumper to bumper traffic.

I think it is pretty much common knowledge that if you lead cops on a pursuit for any length of time, when they catch you, your mug shot is going to make your momma cry, cuz you are going to look like Eric Stoltz in the Mask.

Maybe you're right. I can't say I've ever run from the police or experienced what the consequences of that would be. Nor associated with others who have had cause to run from the police either. I still would submit I've never seen it happen nor know anyone who ever has either. Now hell, if you ask the internet at large, I'm sure someone will pop up. Like I said many times now, there are no absolutes here. But I still reject the argument that ALL cops, or even the majority of cops are statist thug brown shirts just looking to jam you up or disk out a beat down. I also reject the suggestion that they would ignore state law regarding protected activities on state land to do so as well.

But I still reject the argument that ALL cops, or even the majority of cops are statist thug brown shirts just looking to jam you up or disk out a beat down. I also reject the suggestion that they would ignore state law regarding protected activities on state land to do so as well.
I agree. In general I think the majority of cops will not go out of their way to mess with you. But if you give them a reason to go out of their way, they will go over board.

Back
Top Bottom