I can't seem to win with my guns lately

It seems lately that I can't win with my guns. 2 times a year my gun club has been having a machine gun shoot and I supply the guns for it. June 2nd is the next one (Click here to see the tread on it) and I have been going over the guns I'm taking to make sure they are cleaned, oiled and don't have any issues with them. I have been finding a few broken parts that I have to replace to get them to run again.

Today I was cleaning up my Romanian AK-47 and the recoil spring assembly broke. The wire spring guide that is inside the spring broke and all the parts went everywhere. Looks like I can get just the wire guide by it's self, that is good. This same gun I had to replace the dust cover because it broke. In the picture you can see what broke

AK Spring.jpg

The PTR MP5 Clone I have the bolt carrier mushroomed where the firing pin and bolt go so it was hard to get out and I can't get it back in. Had to order another bolt carrier. I guess some of the clone bolt carriers are soft and it happens to a bunch of them. also it didn't like the mags that came with it, they kept falling out. Had to order real H&K mags, they fit much better.

The Mosin Nagant "pistol" I made, I went and test fired it and come to find out it was missing the extractor. Had to order one of those.

The FAL that I have broke the gas pistol spring in half. It didn't look heathy to begin with.

I bunch of other guns, stuff needed to be tighten again. I'm sure it doesn't help that the guns are mostly doing mag dumps. It seems that machine guns are in a constant state of brokenness or are about to break. After the shoots it seems like it's a good day when you only a few guns broken.

Assuming a stamped receiver- consider yourself lucky that the full auto AK (I assume) spring broke in your hands and not during a burst of fire. Gives a whole new definition of the term “grenade fragments”… that bolt is heavy and will be happy to find the weakest point of the rear of your receiver - yeah- the side pointing at your face….

Just a random thought :)

What’s normal for some seems crazy to others.
He just operates in a different sand box than some or most. On the other hand the guy shares his fortune and allows others to experience full auto fire. I think it’s very generous and he doesn’t seem to mind to much when shit goes sideways. I say Bravo sir.

What’s normal for some seems crazy to others.
He just operates in a different sand box than some or most. On the other hand the guy shares his fortune and allows others to experience full auto fire. I think it’s very generous and he doesn’t seem to mind to much when shit goes sideways. I say Bravo sir.
You'll find that a majority of machinegun owners everywhere are pretty generous with their "toys".

Got the extractor in for the Mosin Nagant Obrez "pistol" thing I made. 3 minute job to put it in. It seems to extract the shell correctly. I guess I will have to shoot it again to see if it will extract a fired shell, unless I can find a willing sucker...um I mean volunteer to shoot it lol.

Got the extractor in for the Mosin Nagant Obrez "pistol" thing I made. 3 minute job to put it in. It seems to extract the shell correctly. I guess I will have to shoot it again to see if it will extract a fired shell, unless I can find a willing sucker...um I mean volunteer to shoot it lol.
I will shoot it.
When and where?

I think I have all the guns fixed now. The part for the AK came in today. Another 3 minute fix. I think that's all of them fixed.
I thought I had messed up one of my silencers. I had a real hard time getting a couple of the baffles out. I guess a bunch of full auto mag dumps and not cleaning them for a while doesn't work out that well.

Yes. I was always concerned that they'd turn around with a big grin on their face and accidently point a machinegun at somebody

I went to the range today to try out the guns i replaced parts on.
The MP5 clone shot good. Very pleasant gun to shoot.
The AK47 shot good. The recoil spring stayed together.
The Mosin Nagant Obrez pistol thing was still unpleasant to shoot, but now it will extract the shell.
So I think everything is fixed and ready for the machine gun shoot, I hope anyway.

Back
Top Bottom