I paid a lot, so what! WaA 140 Hi Power w/Nazi Markings

Beautiful looking gun. See if the guy has the capture papers authorizing his Uncle to keep it as a war trophy. I'm told that adds $xxx to the value of a gun and it validates his story as well.

Enjoy.

542.gif

Beautiful. One of my favorite handguns.

Wish mine was in that good of shape. Hi Powers are so sexy.

Last edited:
Just hoping I didn't pay TOOOO much, but the finish just looked amazing from the pictures. The seller emailed me last night and told me that when he comes across the holster, he's going to ship it to me for free. So I get a fine example of a #'s matching German occupied Belgian Hi power, and two magazines for just over $1200...and eventually (maybe) a holster.

I almost feel sick to my stomach knowing what business the pistol was involved in at one point, but perhaps it will serve as a reminder to me as a Marine to never let anything remotely like that happen again at least on my watch so far as I can help anyway.

It's even more unsettling to me is that none of my allied weapons or Russian weapons give me the same eerie feeling...almost like I'm just conditioned to think that what we did by fighting the Germans and the Japs (and the Italians) was truly justified, and that all the men that were killed with my M1's persay were 'evil'...but I know this isn't true.

That being said...it might be time to pick up a Mauser soon...I can start a 'good vs evil' collection.

Anyway, thanks for looking, and if anyone sees anything specific about this pistol that is worth comment (positive or negative) please don't hesitate to chime in.

From the condition of that gun, I doubt it was actually used in the War. Likely never left the holster while possessed by the officer it was assigned to.

From the condition of that gun, I doubt it was actually used in the War. Likely never left the holster while possessed by the officer it was assigned to.

That's kind of what I was thinking, except in my paranoia about buying guns online, I've also sculpted a scenario where this gun is a fake or a refinish...i emailed him this morning about the capture papers...nothing yet.

Len, does the fact that it may never have been used in war or if so, very lightly, make it more or less valuable to a collector? The gun has certainly been shot, but it doesn't appear as though it was shot very much. They say these were popular with the SS, as it was not a standard issue firearm and the SS kind of got what they were given.

Although I collect some guns, I'm no expert in the matter. My guess is that many officers especially at the end of the war probably never shot their sidearm and if it was a high ranking officer, he had troops guarding him all the time and probably never had the need to draw his gun. Condition is what makes a gun valuable so that gun is close to top tier (scratches cut it down a notch) due to the condition.

Capture papers validates the story that went with it and increases value.

If you are happy with the item then who cares how much you paid for it. Obviously you felt it was something you wanted and assessed the asking for its worth and value to you. Good for you. Nice piece. Forget about what you paid and just enjoy it.

If you are happy with the item then who cares how much you paid for it. Obviously you felt it was something you wanted and assessed the asking for its worth and value to you. Good for you. Nice piece. Forget about what you paid and just enjoy it.

Solid advice! I don't see myself getting sick of it as long as I allow myself to shoot it every now and again. I just feel like I might be inviting something evil into my home.

Solid advice! I don't see myself getting sick of it as long as I allow myself to shoot it every now and again. I just feel like I might be inviting something evil into my home.

We won, they lost! Nothing evil with the gun, it was merely a tool. Attributing guilt to the gun is what our Anti enemies do to us, we shouldn't do it to ourselves.

Shoot the shit out of it!

Hopefully it won't collect dust in the safe?

Nice looking piece of history! Enjoy!

It won't collect dust, I promise...but it might be saved for special occasions like the anniversary of D-Day.

definitely going to have to get a nice pelican case for it.

Do you guys have any favorite pistol racks for your safe that you use?

Back
Top Bottom