I think I need a 2a lawyer ,and would appreciate any suggestions.

Wow- what an amazing offer lol. Is this something I should be writing online? is this a "safe space" lmao
I should add I have a criminal defense attorney, but im beginning to worry after reading some of the comments on here. Im getting desperate

From your tone in the intro, it's obvious whatever you got yourself mixed up in is going to make for an interesting story!

Should you share it here? Probably not until after the conclusion. Do we want to hear all the gore and fun? Absolutely. Both to support you by sharing, and so that we may learn a bit more about what not to do and how to get whole after things go sideways.

(Don't talk about it here. Yet. Of course. )

People I know have been happy with Attorney Tassel and have found him to be fair and easy to work with. He,s very good at what he does and is both a firearms and criminal attorney. I recommend being up front about already having another attorney. From what I know he,s a straight shooter and will be upfront with you.

As someone above posted, it might not be an either or situation. At one point in my life, I had a murder one pool qualified criminal defense attorney, and JG as my firearms attorney, and my wife had her own attorney, each handling ( in concert) different aspects of the same issue.
It was expensive Haha.

Is this something I should be writing online?

Asking for a referral online is fine, but doing so without telling your current attorney may not be the best tactic.

Beyond that, shut up. That “anything you say can and will be used against you” language? Sing it brother. To yourself, that is.

Once you assemble your legal team, then you and your team can decide what to say publicly, if anything. Dance as if no one is watching? Cool. But post as if you are testifying.

You can give me a call. I'd be happy to chat.

But this mentality is interesting. Some people see this (having a local popular lawyer) as a good thing. ...
I was wondering in general, but I guess this is best phrased personally...

Q: Have you ever collaborated with other counsel where you're (say)
the "gun lawyer" and someone else is (say) the "homicide lawyer"?

Q: For a case that goes to trial, do all the lawyers appear in court
most of the days? Or do some "consultants" only appear on a select few days;
or even just brief the lead counsel, and at best leave their ringer enabled
for snap questions or end-of-the-day conferences?

(Which says nothing about how open any particular lawyer is
to collaboration during a trial).

No disrespect intended to any other specialties you have.
Not a troll about any specific case you've handled, past or present.
Apologies in advance if no brief answer does it justice.

I'd sooner hire competent, douche attorney, who's hated by the courts; to an arse kissing, legal beagle who's loved by the corrupt DA's and Justice system.
Not sure i agree with that. As i have gotten older i have found smart people tend to get further using honey. Speaking generally of course. Every situation has its exceptions.

True, but not a bad thing for a lawyer working on your behalf.
I talked to him on the phone for an issue and in the first sentence I said I’m all set and hang up. When you call him and your first sentence you tell him what’s wrong and what you might need help with and he berates you worse than your mother, prosecutor, judge and boss in the first dozen words out of his mouth, it’s kind a hard to hire a guy like that.

Not sure i agree with that. As i have gotten older i have found smart people tend to get further using honey. Speaking generally of course. Every situation has its exceptions.
Yea, I'm smart enough to understand the system, for the most part, being charged with an 2A 'crime' in Mass is a lair's club....you will find yourself the butt of that 'honey works ' joke. Yes there are exceptions, thanks

Most seem to be out towards Boston, I dont really see any out towards the central side of MA-
Thanks in advance

Please take some advice from the first master of information management, Don Vito Corleone.

"Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and NES completely out of the information loop."

How do you think the court feels like when he's called to the bench.....lol
As long as there is no Jury i suppose that would be a bonus. Other wise it can easily hurt you. Just an FYI when i said earlier " I find smart people" i was not suggesting you were not intelligent. I was speaking generally.

I was wondering in general, but I guess this is best phrased personally...

Q: Have you ever collaborated with other counsel where you're (say)
the "gun lawyer" and someone else is (say) the "homicide lawyer"?
Only informally but one uses experts to prepare on factual issues.
Q: For a case that goes to trial, do all the lawyers appear in court
most of the days? Or do some "consultants" only appear on a select few days;
or even just brief the lead counsel, and at best leave their ringer enabled
for snap questions or end-of-the-day conferences?
It would be unusual for a lawyer to not be present for all parts of a trial but I suppose on a many month long civil trials that may be the case. In criminal trials that would be very rare. Again, this seems more like the use an expert who may be present to help with part of the case that they consult on.

Back
Top Bottom