• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

USMA-82

NES Member
Stopped in to say hello to owners Marc and Dave. The shop has only been in business for six weeks, but it looks like they've made a great start. It's a small one-room storefront shop off of Plain Street in Clinton (Plain St is across from the CVS Pharmacy), but it's packed with goodies - modern guns, milsurps, handguns, rifles, ammo and accessories. Prices were decent (for a gun shop), but you can't beat it for convenience or transfers ($25).

Check out the website:

http://idcfirearms.com/MAIN_PAGE.html

Highly recommended!

I have to plug IDC also,

I have known Mark for a long time and he is very excited to get the shop up and going, great spot, nice guys.
Definently give them a chance if your in the market for something!

I stopped in last weekend while I was out and about. I'd been looking for a compact 9 - something between my Kahr and my CZ75. When I told Marc & Dave what I was looking for they promptly hauled several 9s out of the case and laid them on the counter. Didn't ask for my LTC first, either. [grin]

Well... I decided I liked the SR9c (except for the stupid loaded when up flag, that is) and wanted to buy it... but it was higher than I knew that FS was asking. Well, if you don't ask, you don't get... So I asked them if they could do better and their first reaction was "Hey, go check FS's website!". [laugh] They came down comfortably close to FS - I didn't have to go drive a 70 mile round trip, so I figured that it came out even. (I could have probably forced them down even with FS but hey... this is a new shop, close to home... and I wanted to let them have some profit out of this! With any luck this will be only the first purchase of many there for me.)

So... I give them two thumbs up! Very friendly guys, not hard to find at all - got a very good amount of guns and ammo for such a small shop (if it's bigger than 15x15, I'd be surprised - I think it's a little less, actually). They have the counter stuffed full of handguns new and used, they have a two level rifle rack stuffed full, a floor to ceiling set of shelves of ammo and even some accessories as well.

I think they're going to do well - definitely if you're in Clinton take a trip over and check them out! It's worth the trip.

I stopped by the shop last friday.... Very nice place lots of nice firearms and very good prices. Best of all Marc and Dave were super nice to talk too. I think im going back this friday to buy something. One thing I love is that this place is 10mins away... Cant beat that. Cant wait till this place increases in size... If anyone is around the area def stop in and buy something.

The shop has just been enlarged this week and there is a ton of guns in stock! Great selection of gently used shotguns and rifles at great prices. 65 used guns arrived this week.

I was in yesterday looking to buy an 870. Great place, great selection, and the owner was really nice. Today i'm going to shoot my new shotty.

I have had a lot of dealings with both Dave and Mark in the past few weeks and I highly recommend them and the shop.
Both guys are standup and knowledgeable in both modem military and older guns. If you have not stopped by their shop it is worth the trip.
They have also expanded the shop so stop by when you are in the area.

IDC Firearms - http://idcfirearms.com/
67 PLAIN STREET, CLINTON, MASSACHUSETTS 01510
TEL: 978-365-9353
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 10:00 - 5:00Thursday 10:00 - 7:00 ~ Saturday 9:00 - 4:00 CLOSED MONDAYS

I stopped in on a Monday when they were taking down the wall to expand the shop. They saw me pull in and flipped the sign in the window to open. I checked em out and liked what I saw. I'm heading back with money in my pocket soon. I'm going to have my zombie annihalator lowers shipped there too. I've sent a few friends there to take a look-see also.

I stopped in on a Monday when they were taking down the wall to expand the shop. They saw me pull in and flipped the sign in the window to open.

As opposed to a certain shop that sees a customer walk in and tells you they're closed. Guess I know where I'll be doing more shopping. [thinking]

Finally made it over last saturday. Nice little shop, great folks, very accomodating, and not all all paranoid about letting you try things out. They did have a very interesting assortment of handguns and long guns- They have some Moisins they are selling for ~$150, a german G98, and a couple M1 Garands. I chuckled at the thought of a mini WWII reenactment. Lots of revolvers, too.

I'll be back again this saturday, as he had a few guns he had not yet booked through that he will be putting out this week. Nice to have a friendly shop with some decent stuff close by.

Stopped in to see these guys this afternoon, after our resident dwarf alerted me to their existence. Nice guys. Very friendly. Fair prices. Quite a good selection for a small store. I think they'll do well. Almost tempted me into a Mossberg 930. I just mentioned it, and he was immediately on the phone and said he could have it for me tomorrow! Might still go for it. They also had a couple of nice M1 Carbines at very reasonable prices. They seemed to be good at making me interested in guns I didn't come in there for. Just like Zero Hour Arms does, but these guys aren't 60 miles away from me! Dangerous! [wink]

Yeah, I had the same experience. I'm now jonesing for a wheelgun I hadn't even considered before walking into the place.

ETA,

This is going to be really, really bad. I timed myself, and it is 8.5 minutes to get there from home. Pizza takes twice as long to obtain. oh crap.

Last edited:
Well, my wife has been pissed at me for commandeering her PM9, and told me last weekend "get your own gun," sooo, I went over to IDC and got one. I think she's re-evaluating her directives a bit now. [laugh]

Guys are still pretty laid back and easy to deal with, but they need to bone up on gun laws a bit. They told me the Ruger GP100 wasn't approved, and they couldn't sell me one. FS has new ones in the cabinet.... [thinking]

(I think that might have been motivated by the SP101 they had in the case, ready to go) [wink]

but they need to bone up on gun laws a bit.

Honestly, I've yet to be at a gun dealer who didn't! If I were a gun dealer, I'd keep copies of all my law documents handy (you know, those nice big books ATF gives to every FFL?). I personally spend hours and hours pouring over the laws and I still manage to get it wrong on occasion if I'm not double checking the statutes! And this way, I could always humor the customer who thought I had the law wrong, "Ok, let's look it up!" (Any dealers listening? Certainly only engage in transactions within your comfort level, but sometimes, just sometimes, the customer knows the law better than you do)

Keeping a current copy of the Approved Firearms Roster handy would be even easier.

Friday said:
They told me the Ruger GP100 wasn't approved, and they couldn't sell me one. FS has new ones in the cabinet.... [thinking]

Hey, it's true, if you specifically look up "Ruger GP100", it's not on the list [wink]

They did, and it wasn't. Nor was the SP101 they were trying to sell me.[smile]

Ross, their prices are pretty middle of the road. ~$825 with night sights, less with std sights. I bought the Night sight model, it comes with one extended mag and one std mag. For me, I found the extended mag would pinch my hand when shooting. I'l need to look at a different way to grip it.

The MA compliant model is still very easy to shoot. I noticed little difference between the two (MA and non-MA) last weekend while shooting. The safety and LCI are also very unobtrusive

Great little gun, and it shot flawlessly out of the box.

I stopped in today on our way home from the vet, nice little shop! I probably would have bought something, but the Warden was out in the car waiting for me.

I'll be back!

Yeah, they figured out who I was pretty quickly, too. They are definitely staying in tune with their market. ( and should offer up an NES discount, nudge, nudge, wink, wink) [laugh]

Stopped in today, great little shop. Good selection of handguns and some interesting milsurp rifles. The two M1 Garands in particularly were very fairly priced. Very welcoming and friendly guys, I'm sure I'll be walking out of there with a new addition to the collection soon.

Did they finish putting up the racks? most of the rifles were put away while they expanded last weekend. I was also ogling the Garands. I might have to start the "double secret probation fund" for one.

It looked like they had a few round racks on the floor, and a 6-8 foot long rack on the wall full of rifles while I was there, plus a bunch of stuff hanging from the ceiling.

And since I know they read this, I don't need the 9x18 anymore, thanks for the offer though!

OK, the wall full of rifles is new, then. The racks on the wall were just going back up. Ceiling stuff was there when I was in.

One of the guys at the shop has my first and middle names and grew up 1/2 mile from where I live now. Weird.

Was told they have a machine shop out back, and may consider bringing in a 'smith if business stays on a positive track. Not sure who that may be, but the more the merrier...

Went back today. Still didn't buy anything, but I certainly do get a warm, fuzzy feeling from this shop. They're definitely on my go-to list if I ever need anything.

Sounds like this is a shop I need to go to next time I am in that area. I still have the bad taste in my mouth from the gun room in shrewsbury but thats another story, Has anyone noticed if they have any winchester model 12s in stock? or if its not too much trouble for someone that is going there soon, could you keep your eyes open to see if they h orve any winchester model 12 shotguns 12 or 16ga? I have no idea when I can get over there myself. Hopefully sometime next week. Ive been looking everywhere for a model 12 and havent found any locally. Closest place has been Maine and New York

Back
Top Bottom