• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Trump were to be elected, what actions could he take to support the Second Amendment (2A)?

Please refresh my memory... What exactly, through alphabet soup agency rule making or executive fiat, has Biden banned exactly? What exactly did he do that makes him worse than Trump - who actually banned shit, and seized it with no compensation violating both the 2nd and 4th amendments?

Name this egregious legislation he signed into law... What did Biden do that was worse than, say, NFA, or the Clinton signing of the Assault Weapons Ban?
Good point we should vote for him again right?

The article is what it is and by a respected organization. Reality is reality and speaking of that you need to sit down for a moment and ask yourself how this feckless TDS that you and others posses is relevant at this point and how it will help us come November.
There’s a very distinct difference between someone with TDS and a single-issue voter; the latter can be reasoned with.

There’s a very distinct difference between someone with TDS and a single-issue voter; the latter can be reasoned with.
Anyone voting on the single issue of gun control right now has got a serious scale issue and needs to zoom out a bit

I don’t even care about gun laws when every other law isn’t enforced anymore

I care about gaining back the financial hits I’ve taken living in Bidens America

I Care about securing our border

I care about re establishing the USA as a net energy exporter

I care about righting this ship though diplomacy so we don’t have to do it “the other way
I care about making America and Americans prosperous safe and comfortable
again, so conservatism can make a comeback and win popular support in our culture
I care about fixing the precedent he set with the ATF and bumpstock ban

What don’t I care about? Bump stocks themselves.
If we continue down the road we are on, laws won’t matter anymore because lawlessness will rule, no matter your political affiliation

I

Machine guns are the third rail of the 2nd Amendment, there will never not be a registration requirement for them under the NFA, but I do think Hughes is capable of being defeated in the future. The biggest reason why I say that is you look at all the gangbangers with their Glock switches and how little is being done to haul them in, yet folks like us who ain't gotten so much as a speeding ticket can't even get a binary trigger?

That's unequal justice, so if the "teens" can own machine guns, why can't we?
Good argument in theory. Unfortunately, SCOTUS is not on our side when it comes to machine guns. Just listen to the oral arguments in Garland v. Cargill. At least 2 of the conservative justices (Gorsuch & Barrett) made comments about how they agree with the ATF that bump stocks should probably be banned as a matter of good public policy due to their increased rate of fire. Their main issue was that if bump stocks should be banned then Congress needs to do it, not the ATF.

Roberts is the justice who leaked the abortion decision because he's obsessed with his legacy in liberal circles, but he was also part of the majority (back when it was 5-4) with Heller.
How do you know Roberts leaked it? Didn’t Roberts say in an interview or something that before the leak he was working with a couple of the other conservative justices to narrow the decision and not have to overturn Roe v. Wade? He said that the leak ruined his efforts. Why would he leak it if he knew it wouldn’t help him in any way?

Last edited:
Anyone voting on the single issue of gun control right now has got a serious scale issue and needs to zoom out a bit

I don’t even care about gun laws when every other law isn’t enforced anymore

I care about gaining back the financial hits I’ve taken living in Bidens America

I Care about securing our border

I care about re establishing the USA as a net energy exporter

I care about righting this ship though diplomacy so we don’t have to do it “the other way
I care about making America and Americans prosperous safe and comfortable
again, so conservatism can make a comeback and win popular support in our culture
I care about fixing the precedent he set with the ATF and bumpstock ban

What don’t I care about? Bump stocks themselves.
If we continue down the road we are on, laws won’t matter anymore because lawlessness will rule, no matter your political affiliation

I
Yep. This is where I’m at.

I won’t support a candidate who supports gun control, but beyond how it would affect future generations I don’t care because I’m not handing in or registering a mutherf***in thing.

I have no such control over WWIII or a border invasion.

Each has their own reasons but the larger point is what does it matter at this point. It's Trump versus Biden. Whether you suffer from TDS, or are a single issue voter, to continue on with TDS rants does no good but to help Biden in November. And for some that very well may be the end game.

[Whispermode] Trump is not your friend [/Whispermode]
Seriously? That’s the same argument every middle-aged white privileged liberal housewife has.
I don’t want him to be my friend.
I guess I have to explain it like I explained it to my mom

On one side, we have a man who helped the economy in the country so well your son was able to be prosperous, comfortable and provide a beautiful home and lifestyle for your grandchildren
But you know, he said a few mean things on the Internet

On the other side, you have a decrepit old child sniffing man with dementia, telling you it’s OK for your grandchildren to mutilate their genitals

He’s your friend? You’re gonna vote for Joe Biden because he’s your friend?

No politician is your friend politicians are supposed to be afraid of us, not friends with us

Seriously? That’s the same argument every middle-aged white privileged liberal housewife has.
I don’t want him to be my friend.
I guess I have to explain it like I explained it to my mom

On one side, we have a man who helped the economy in the country so well your son was able to be prosperous, comfortable and provide a beautiful home and lifestyle for your grandchildren
But you know, he said a few mean things on the Internet

On the other side, you have a decrepit old child sniffing man with dementia, telling you it’s OK for your grandchildren to mutilate their genitals

He’s your friend? You’re gonna vote for Joe Biden because he’s your friend?

No politician is your friend politicians are supposed to be afraid of us, not friends with us
Right, I'm not interested in any Politician being my friend. I'm interested in stopping this country and our constitution from being destroyed.

Right, I'm not interested in any Politician being my friend. I'm interested in stopping this country and our constitution from being destroyed.
I’m not even confident Trump is capable of doing that, but if he can make the country prosperous again, especially after this “dip” in our lifestyles, there’s a good chance conservatism could be back in style, and since he’s a lame duck, the possibility of paving the way for another eight years after him is there

Now do I have faith thst the establishment republican party really cares or is going to do what needs to be done? Absolutely not, but if he can make the population, comfortable, secure, and prosperous We the People have a chance of holding the party to it.

I think a lot of people are starting to wake up, just look at the results here in Massachusetts. I don’t remember it ever being so close.

I’m not even confident Trump is capable of doing that, but if he can make the country prosperous again, especially after this “dip” in our lifestyles, there’s a good chance conservatism could be back in style, and since he’s a lame duck, the possibility of paving the way for another eight years after him is there

Now do I have faith thst the establishment republican party really cares or is going to do what needs to be done? Absolutely not, but if he can make the population, comfortable, secure, and prosperous We the People have a chance of holding the party to it.

I think a lot of people are starting to wake up, just look at the results here in Massachusetts. I don’t remember it ever being so close.
Look, it's 3rd quarter, 28-3, MAGA is all that's left. The RINOS ain't helping us. Hell, they will walk up to us and kick us in the head before we take our last breath. Larry Bird ain't walking through that door....neither is Ronald Reagan. The flop has been laid down. Trump is the only one left that can give Biden a run for his money. We have to play the hand we have.

Look, it's 3rd quarter, 28-3, MAGA is all that's left. The RINOS ain't helping us. Hell, they will walk up to us and kick us in the head before we take our last breath. Larry Bird ain't walking through that door....neither is Ronald Reagan. The flop has been laid down. Trump is the only one left that can give Biden a run for his money. We have to play the hand we have.
Reagan? He was good for 2A?

The article is what it is and by a respected organization. Reality is reality and speaking of that you need to sit down for a moment and ask yourself how this feckless TDS that you and others posses is relevant at this point and how it will help us come November.

I don't have TDS but ask yourself, why would someone who was a solid republican voter for many years abandon the republican party? I just feel that Trump is not going to be a good president and he will do little if elected.

I don't have TDS but ask yourself, why would someone who was a solid republican voter for many years abandon the republican party? I just feel that Trump is not going to be a good president and he will do little if elected.
I hate to break this to you but the Republican Party abandoned you a very long time ago.

Truth be told....I ain't all that confident either. I feel like the Scots after Robert the Bruce said he would be the leader after Wallace was slain but you roll with what you got, for better or worse. There is no second choice at this point.

Yeah I realized that. I am pretty sure that I am going to sit it out this November or I'll just vote for whoever is on the libertarian ticket.
The Libertarian Party choose assisted suicide in 2016 and is finished as a party. They are unable to even get the minimums now to get on most state ballots. The future of this country is on the line. We can ill afford voters just simply throwing votes away over some conflict over Trump.

Though Trump has been a good president and has done a lot for the average American, I wouldn't call him pro-2A. I believe he could do more, and he should, but the 64-thousand-dollar question is, will he? Only time will tell.

Truth be told....I ain't all that confident either. I feel like the Scots after Robert the Bruce said he would be the leader after Wallace was slain but you roll with what you got, for better or worse. There is no second choice at this point.
Yup it’s insane to me People are still arguing if Trump should be the candidate or not as if they have a choice.
I don’t think we have had a pro second amendment president since the days of the founding fathers if you really think about it
Gun control was common placed throughout the 1800s in many pioneer towns
people thinking we’re going to have a presidential candidate running on pro 2a have their head in the clouds

There is the constitution and the Bill of Rights and then there’s politics

Yup it’s insane to me People are still arguing if Trump should be the candidate or not as if they have a choice.
I don’t think we have had a pro second amendment president since the days of the founding fathers if you really think about it
Gun control was common placed throughout the 1800s in many pioneer towns
people thinking we’re going to have a presidential candidate running on pro 2a have their head in the clouds

There is the constitution and the Bill of Rights and then there’s politics
We have certainly fallen a long way from when JFK was a life member of the NRA.

Ironic he was taken out?
I don’t believe in coincidence
My whole life is one conspiracy theory...LOL

Oswald spent time in Russia
Comes back and take a job at the book factory before JFKs trip was even planned
Takes out JFK
Takes out the Dallas Cop (who I believe was supposed to kill him)
Is then taken out by Ruby who had ties to the Dallas Mafia.

Can you even make that up?

My whole life is one conspiracy theory...LOL

Oswald spent time in Russia
Comes back and take a job at the book factory before JFKs trip was even planned
Takes out JFK
Takes out the Dallas Cop (who I believe was supposed to kill him)
Is then taken out by Ruby who had ties to the Dallas Mafia.

Can you even make that up?

Don’t forget the Marilyn Monroe theory that she was going to blow the lid on the whole affair. Interesting she died shortly after.

Yeah I realized that. I am pretty sure that I am going to sit it out this November or I'll just vote for whoever is on the libertarian ticket.
Quite serious and honest question, why bother leaving the house? (Or mailing a ballot if that’s your sort of thing)

Back
Top Bottom