• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IHC Garands being offered by CMP

I just sent in the paperwork without my club letter (they have limited hours at the office to get it). I spoke with customer support and they recommended I get the order form in while they have a supply of rifles. I can get them the letter later. They also stated that they expected alot of orders tomorrow, people sending their forms in overnight mail. They didn't say it was necessary but.... I sent mine overnight, let the clock begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the offer, I have one at my work

Affiliated club: GOAL membership works as does the garand Collectors Association plus you get really cool quarterly magazine. http://www.thegca.org/the-gca-journal you just forward your email receipt to cmp customer service.....you could do that tonight!

I bailed on this one too.... just to much going on.

You can live this CMP order vicariously through me. Though I may have shot myself in the foot by mailing it out First Class snail, today.. Instead of yesterday. Oh well, so be it.
I wish you all IHC orders filled.... I will toss some clips to the gods

I think to help fund my CMP purchase, I'm going to sell my three Russian 91/30s and my Russian M44, along with the 54r ammo. I'm sure I'll regret it, but I need to pay for the Garand some how and not just let it sit on the credit card (0% APR, but that introductory rate ends in September and it ain't the only thing on there!! [smile] ).

Thanks to OP for the head's up!

Paging Mac1911... [grin]

IIRC, the later 4 mil IHC serial numbers were post WWII. My google-fu has been neutered by United's 'policy' in their lounge- I'm sitting here at Boston Logan waiting to start my ~2 week trip to Korea and Japan. Yeah, I'm posting on the interwebs that I will be away. Someone please try to sack my house- my Rott and GSD are hungry.

Back on topic: I've been thinking about grabbing another M1 and the IHC is pretty tempting. Wonder if they would accept a phone order since I recently sent in paperwork for my Special.

All you can do is try. Explain your position they may do it?

As much as I said I was not going to.... Hello my name is john and I have a problem..... snuck out to PO with minutes to spare Wednesday night.... flat rate envelope on its way....should have been there today..we will see

RM1IHCSGAP4- M1 Service Grade IHC with 4 million Gap Letter IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. SOLD OUT March 16, 2015

I guess if you have not put your order in yet, there might be a chance for the other IHCs. Or, go to the North or South store this Thursday and pick up one of these: RM1IHCFLMR- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel.

The gap ihc where in my mind the most "collectable" be interesting to see if any arrowhead IHC receivers come through. Arrowheads are IHC receivers made by SA in the beginning of production.
My order showed as delivered today. I'm doubting I will get one but who knows. They could have 5k of them this time. They have had several years to sort through the last returns.

So anyone make the cut? I assume I did not as I have not heard anything and I see some are shipping already on cmp forum

Hi All,

I missed the deadline...If you have or know of someone that can't take possession of one of the Garands for some reason, Please PM me.

The website says "Sold OUT" and the person I talked to there said they (the more sought after ones) were gone the next day..http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

They label them sold out when they get the orders in. If it looks like more orders than rifles they change the listing to sold out to stop more orders for them from coming in. It could take them a month to go through all orders. IHC and others just to notify you that they received your order. Then you get to wait for more confirmation.

I got the DBU E-mail yesterday for a IHC gap letter. Showed up in the e store today! So don't give up hope yet guys.

I got the DBU E-mail yesterday for a IHC gap letter. Showed up in the e store today! So don't give up hope yet guys.

Congrats - the guys over on the forums seem to be half butt hurt half excited.. Several did not get a Gapper.

I probably shot myself in the foot by sending mine in on the 10th via USPS First Class. But that's life. I really shouldn't be buying another Garand at this point of my life, but I figured an opportunity like this may never come up again - so roll the dice. It's the gambler in me. Could always sell my unfired Izmash 132 Sporter for $700 to help cover the costs :)

Im thinking if your order was not in house by the 13th not likely going to get one.
Mine showed delivered on the 16th by tracking number. I have not been looking at any of the threads on cmp forums on tracking the orders.
Its a 50/50 feeling for me
part of me will be excited if I end up with a IHC the other part of me will be relieved im not dropping another 1000$ on a rifle I wont shoot much!

sent it Piority mail express, shows delivered on 3-11-15. I received an email @ 4:00, "we regret we will not be able to fill your order".

So now my choices are:
RM1IHCF (field grade) $810.00
RM1IHCFLMR (field grade with LMR barrel) $960.00
RM1SERVICE $730.00
RM1SPECIAL $1030.00

This will be my first Garand, not sure which way to go but leaning towards RM1Service or RM1Special. Any opinions?

Mine got there on the 12th, and I got my second choice, field grade with LMR. I also have a buddy in the same boat and his order for there the first day.

Chances are if you got your order in the first few days you'll get something. Maybe not the exact model you wanted, but you'll have the option of an IHC rifle of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom