• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illinois AWB Challenge: 7th Circuit Declines to 'en banc' Case Cleared to SCOTUS

I wonder - just as it’s taken decades for anti-gun states to come up with “comprehensive” AWB definitions by feature(s), brands/models, function(s), might crafty legislatures simply dial back on the comprehensiveness to moot a case? Like, take a small unpopular set of firearms off the named list, or take thumbhole stocks back off the evil features list? It seems they could keep this going a long time…

SCOTUS might be on board with “shall not be infringed” but is certainly not “shall not be made tedious and inconvenient.”

BAN ON SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS​

The Supreme Court has failed to take up the case of Illinois’ ban on the sale, possession or manufacture of automatic weapons like the type used in a mass shooting at a 2023 July Fourth parade in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park.
The law bans dozens of specific brands or types of rifles and handguns, including .50-caliber guns, attachments and rapid-firing devices. No rifle will be allowed to accommodate more than 10 rounds, with a 15-round limit for handguns.
Those who previously purchased such guns must register them with the Illinois State Police by Jan. 1.

No grandfather clause on magazines.

I've yet to see SCOTUS accept or uphold an injunction for anything 2A related that was good for our side, but the one that I could see them doing it for is the lack of grandfathering mags as it's literally telling people either destroy or turn them in or you're a felon. Doesn't matter if local authorities enforce that, it's still what's on the books in those states.

When have we had a state make a law where they expressly banned a certain gun or type of firearm and gave no option for the current owners to maintain possession?

Back
Top Bottom