I'm in trouble...

good luck

a98cc49da248358346821cc28b8f7591e0ece83a8cb0f7ebbee1cf2c9d1e32fe.jpg

Nothing beats a Grammy winner...except Chris Brown...good luck with everything thoug

Last edited:
I assume you have no other arrests on your record. Get a decent lawyer and try to get him to work out a pre trial probation agreement with the Assistant DA. After whatever they set the time as, 1 yr, 2 yr, the charge gets dismissed and you have no conviction, no continued without a finding. It's probably the cheapest best option.

About your LTC, it depends on your town. You would not have a conviction or anything other than the arrest. A green town will give you an LTC unrestricted. Good luck.

Good move not posting details here. Don't talk about the situation with other people either, keep it to your lawyer and that's it.

Take the advice in Hoover's post and then DELETE THIS THREAD.

Jeez man, my very best wishes go out to you, hope this shit turns around for you soon. Take care and keep cool.

damn my brother in law had a similar situation. His lunatic wife screams in his face, he walks by her in narrow hallway to get away from her and bumps into her on the way and she calls 911. He's in cuffs, spends 3 nights in jail becuase it was during the blizzard last winter. Guy is a big big dude but truly a gentle giant. His wife is a batshit insane italian firecracker who literally instigates every single argument I've ever seen them get in.

Now he pays her................$500 A WEEK. Cuz ya know that's how much it costs to feed and clothe one baby.

Some women just SUCK and the system is designed to punish men for their mere existence.

Lawyer up, shut your mouth, stay the F away from her

damn my brother in law had a similar situation. His lunatic wife screams in his face, he walks by her in narrow hallway to get away from her and bumps into her on the way and she calls 911. He's in cuffs, spends 3 nights in jail becuase it was during the blizzard last winter. Guy is a big big dude but truly a gentle giant. His wife is a batshit insane italian firecracker who literally instigates every single argument I've ever seen them get in.

Now he pays her................$500 A WEEK. Cuz ya know that's how much it costs to feed and clothe one baby.

Some women just SUCK and the system is designed to punish men for their mere existence.

Lawyer up, shut your mouth, stay the F away from her

The war on MEN!!!

Your best option in reconciliation. Good times and bad, sickness and in health until death do you part. No situation is beyond repair!

No, the line's been crossed, there's no going back once a 209A comes out. Ever. Regardless of who is at fault, that well is pretty much poisoned.

-Mike

it's true. I have no sympathy for a coward of a man who actually beats his wife but even when there's no violence and the divorce is amicable men get absolutely screwed. It's sickening.
She is entitiled to continue to live her life the way it was while he was still living under the same roof as she in this f - up state.

No, the line's been crossed, there's no going back once a 209A comes out. Ever. Regardless of who is at fault, that well is pretty much poisoned.

-Mike

Mike is absolutely correct. A 209A, once she does it, means she is dead to you for all time. Forever and ever and ever. Even after you get it lifted and divorce her, you stay the F away from her forever.

It's been hard for me to get this across to people, but any woman who will get a 209A is awful. And you have chosen wrongly. You can correct this by getting the F away from her forever.

If you have kids with her, I am sorry, but unless you can arrange a situation where she isn't around and pickup or drop off, say goodbye to your kids.

I am being totally serious here. I have seen too many foolish men think a 209A is a joke, and after she rescinds it, they go back. Nope, not the case. A 209A is a case of a woman gone bad, or was never good to begin with, which is most likely the case.

I can't stress this enough. Stay the F away from her. Your firearms are the LEAST of your worries. Delete her phone number, forget the address that you lived at. Forget your kids names. Forget her families names. Forget everything you ever did with her. Move on as quickly as possible. There will be no closure and if you attempt closure, you will get F ed.

Divorce her now. Give her everything she asks for, that is the cheapest way out for you. Move on with your life.

And I will keep you in my prayers. You're going to need them.

Prayers for you brother

While I am a committed "until death" believing person, I have to agree with both drgrant and teaser.
Deserved or not, 209a is the death of any ability to trust again.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Move to a free state ASAP. If your not in the wrong, fight it, if you are, take the best deal and learn from this episode in life. Good Luck with the future!

Eddie,

I know you can't post details, and you shouldn't. that said, the 50 posts before me are all sorry that you're in the situation. If you are the victim of a spiteful, vindictive wife you also have my sympathy and wish you the best.

however if you did strike your wife, while I don't think you should lose your constitutional rights, I do think that you should be punished. A beating by her brothers would be a good start, some therapy and maybe jail depending may be warranted . Men don't hit their wives.

again, if innocent of the charge, I wish you luck and I'm sorry that you're going through this

-Mike

Agreed. With the actions here, how could a person ever trust that person again? Without trust, you cannot be in a relationship.

Yes, until death dur you part. But the death can be beyomd the physical death. The trust has died, the resprct, the love, are all dead now. I would be as nice as possible and make the separation as peaceful as can be but the separation must happen. Each should move on and find someone else.

Move to a free state ASAP. If your not in the wrong, fight it, if you are, take the best deal and learn from this episode in life. Good Luck with the future!

There is no such thing as a free state when it comes to 209As. They exist in every state, including your beloved NH. It's a Federal thing, forced upon the states, not a state thing.

Eddie,

I know you can't post details, and you shouldn't. that said, the 50 posts before me are all sorry that you're in the situation. If you are the victim of a spiteful, vindictive wife you also have my sympathy and wish you the best.

however if you did strike your wife, while I don't think you should lose your constitutional rights, I do think that you should be punished. A beating by her brothers would be a good start, some therapy and maybe jail depending may be warranted . Men don't hit their wives.

again, if innocent of the charge, I wish you luck and I'm sorry that you're going through this

I don't care if the OP laid his wife out. I don't care. A 209A is indefensiable in a free society. But you're correct, her brothers, father, cousin should lay a beat down on him if he did hit her. Maybe even an assault and battery.

But this I do know. If he did belt her, then the cops would have arrested him for assault and battery. With a 209A? She just said she was afraid of him.

So, while he should not post details, in my experience, a 209A is just a way for the female to **** the male. Otherwise real criminal charges would have been filed.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know at this point if I will ever get my LTC back at this point.

-Ed

If you do not violate the restraining order, and get it vacated in divorce court, I can assure you that you have a very good chance of getting your LTC back in just about every green town.

I'm sure some of the single guys here just delayed their already unplanned wedding by another 5 years.
No need to do that.... Get married but don't ask for permission from the state or tell them what you have done. A marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman, and God, for those who accept that. But then you have government come along and be the dominant player in the marriage, who sets the rules, changes them arbitrarily, and enforced whatever it wants to suit its own agenda. F that.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

-Mike

Hopefully, Eddie is smart enough to not respond.

In any event, he never said there was a 209A. It's just as likely that there is a Stay-Away/No Contact order as a condition of bail. That's my guess based on the temporary order mentioned in the original post.

I've had more than enough clients who called the police to try to defuse a situation. That's what the police department used to recommend. The police end up arresting someone "because if we show up, someone's getting arrested". Unless the "victim" is in court to say she doesn't want it, the judge frequently issues a stay-away/no contact order.

Hopefully, this is the case with Eddie.

Hopefully, Eddie is smart enough to not respond.

In any event, he never said there was a 209A. It's just as likely that there is a Stay-Away/No Contact order as a condition of bail. That's my guess based on the temporary order mentioned in the original post.

I've had more than enough clients who called the police to try to defuse a situation. That's what the police department used to recommend. The police end up arresting someone "because if we show up, someone's getting arrested". Unless the "victim" is in court to say she doesn't want it, the judge frequently issues a stay-away/no contact order.

Hopefully, this is the case with Eddie.

If the stay away/no contact order was a condition of bail, why does he have to rid himself of firearms? I know with a 209A, they're gone. How is a stay away/no contact order different than a 209A. He also mentions that he has to appear in court in September. That sure sounds like a 209A. But I've never heard of a stay away/no contact order that wasn't a 209A. But then I'm not a lawyer. Can you help us understand what the difference might be?

Provided your the victim, good luck. My brother recently was the victim of a falsely and wrongly filed restraining order by his psycho ex and it's a tough battle

Take others advice and ask to have this thread deleted... List your items in the classified or on Gunbroker

Back
Top Bottom