I'm related..I just found out last night...

Ok, so I was talking to my Aunt last night about this book she sent my daughter. It's a riot, it's about a dog that farts too much.

Anyway, I got to talking to my Uncle and we, as always, started talking about guns.

Well, I come to find out that Robert Hickey of CVA is my cousin. He's my Grandfather's Brother's Son. So my Mom's First Cousin, that makes me his second cousin. If I got all this.. He's my Mom's age, I know that much.

Turns out that my grandfather loaned him the money way back in the 70's to purchase the company. I think that he sold it back around the early 90's, but still runs the place I believe.

I think that the last time that I say Robert was at my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, that was about 7 or 8 years ago. So I don't really keep in touch. But I had no idea of all this until last night.

How I didn't know is beyond me... But it's still cool to know.. Makes me wish that I knew him better...maybe I could have moved to Georgia and got a job working for him.

When I saw the title to this thread and who started it, I was expecting you to say "My wife and I are cousins!"

Back
Top Bottom