In the doghouse/ Christmas ruined/ AR build

Lot of that going around.

My wife and I ruined Thanksgiving by voting. Though I don't have an epic story to go with it.

Lot of that going around.

My wife and I ruined Thanksgiving by voting. Though I don't have an epic story to go with it.

Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet. what happened? Uninvited for making America great again??? eff em!

Well my in-laws live with us so it is hard to stay away from them.
Even though my FIL drives me bananas he got me to get my CCL.
Told me you want my guns (mainly shotguns and rifles) you need to get your license. He also got me to start my AR build.

At least we have that in common.

This is one of the OPs last posts a couple of months ago. Still waiting to hear how things are going there.

From a completely unrelated thread

I've been 95% off the internet for months now. I've been enjoying my life. Why did I Have to see this? Ignorance was bliss.​

My MIL got upset because I own guns as the federally subsidized place at which she was living at the time had recently added .... get this a "security guard". She was concerned that this seriously overweight, non-sworn, minimum wage employee would "kick her out" if she had an armed visitor. I explained "I'd love to see em try, Comm2A would have a field day in federal court" but she refused to understand. I subsequently stopped servicing her computer because she wavered between considering me "dangerous because I own guns" and "most welcome visitor who can fix something that is broken".

My wife has no interest and as far as she is concerned, they might as well be golf clubs - just something I happen to own that she does not use.

It's shocking how much has changed in six years.
Half a dozen years ago, not one person in 401 replies
mentioned the risk of OP's FIL Red Flagging him -
at least ignorantly, if not maliciously.

Some few people acknowledged the immediate risk
of getting SWATted, and some even allowed as to how
it would suck Big Time to jacked up on utterly false charges.

OP hasn't been seen in over three years,
and one can only hope things are well with his family.
But this thread is some window on a kinder, gentler time.

Recent off the tracks digression into defending your daughter's honor not withstanding. The Original Post is a Christmas classic.

It should be resurrected every year for all of our reading enjoyment. Kind of like a NES Christmas Story.
Talk is cheap. Watch me catch sh¡t for resurrecting a necrothread in 3...2...1... [rofl]

Last edited:
so, several years later, are you on speaking terms?

sadly, it appears OP is too dead to respond. His last post was before the great NES reset of 2018 where everyone friggen panicked because @sHORTY upgraded the engine for the forum. Or maybe he just hated the new platform that far in advance and decided to stop posting in protest?

This thread came out my second Christmas with NES...talk about nostalgia!

i remember feeling REALLY sad for the OP...now I blame him because I’m old and bitter. Still under forty, but love my fotay.

Holy necrothread.

I had to go back and read the OP - and the freaky thing is: I actually remembered this thread. And here I was thinking I was getting old and forgetful.

Holy necrothread.

I had to go back and read the OP - and the freaky thing is: I actually remembered this thread. And here I was thinking I was getting old and forgetful.
(And frankly, your first reaction was the first post
that delivered for me - no one was thinking about Red Flagging,
but you appreciated how bad it could get if the FIL
invited The Man into the OP's life).

(And frankly, your first reaction was the first post
that delivered for me - no one was thinking about Red Flagging,
but you appreciated how bad it could get if the FIL
invited The Man into the OP's life).
When this thread hit.. it was bad but just sort of..omg my balls are stuck to my leg bad.. if I just walk on, it'll be okay.

Now ... 4 years later? It's game over bad, sent to to gulag sounds like the next step.

I remember then feeling like I identified with the OP and hoped I'd follow the path. Today? I'm looking at documents from the 1910-1929 russia, and studying carefully how reporting and violations were actioned.

I'd rather be putting together a few more ARs and maybe a FAL.

Wow, great thread. And how times have changed. Was thinking about red flag laws while reading and then remembered they weren't a thing at the time.

**** yeah! I remember this one.

So, my gf is a southern Democrat...liberal progressive...can't understand how I voted for Gary Johnson and probably considers me and other libertarians to be the reason ****y didn't get elected. She had a ****ing fit last night when my roommate (also libertarian) and I were having a conversation about the new source of endless entertainment of watching videos of liberals cry and threaten to kill themselves (their selves?). She's in medicine and tried to convince me to be more compassionate and that there are REALLY important reasons why Donald Trump can't be president and blah blah blah. So I'd finally had enough, and I blew up and told her that anyone that voted for the hag should be hanged for treason! Oh man, I don't think I've ever made her cry like that...so I did what any guy would do...grabbed my bottle of makers mark and took a giant mouthful of bourbon, took 3 beers and went to my workshop in the basement.

I don't expect to be getting pussy anytime soon, but that's probably why my arms are long enough to reach my Oscar Meyer.

Time to trade her in for a new one, I think.
If that story is true, low altitude -- punch out.

You already broke rule #1 of not sticking your dick in the crazy, haha
YUP! Unfortunately I read the rules after breaking #1 so I figure the deed was done and I might as well roll with it.

So are you off the dry dock yet, @76Too ?

A little back story...My wife is indifferent about guns, although lately she has shown some interest in giving it a try, and with ZERO pressure from myself. Her father on the other hand in very against guns. He sort of understands keeping one for home protection but only in the worst of neighborhoods. He doesn't understand carrying. Doesn't understand why you need more than one gun, etc. After Sandy Hook we got into a discussion where he learned that I have guns, and our relationship hasn't been the same. Up until then we got along based on a mutual interest for music and other things.

So today, I'm working on a new build with everything spread out on the coffee table. My wife texted me that he was coming by to drop off a pan, only I didn't have my phone by me. So, he knocks at the door and I let him in. He sees the table of parts....

him- "ummmm, what's going on here?"
me- "I'm building a rifle"
him- "looks more like a machine gun"
me- "no"
him- "is this legal?"
me- "ahhhh, yes"

this line of q&a goes on or a while. Then this happens.

him- "so if I call the cops right now, they're not going to have a problem with this?"
me- "first, I won't let them through the ****ing door. Second, if you call the cops on me for doing nothing wrong in my own home, this is the last time you step foot in this house".

*yelling and screaming on his part, more q&a, nothing calm or rational*

him- "well I don't feel comfortable with this being in the house that my daughter lives in"

*here's where I hit below the belt...*

me- "well maybe if you were in her life while growing up, then I'd give a **** what you think.

He storms out. About 20 minutes ago I get a call from my wife. Apparently I ruined Christmas and "intimidated" her dad. Ho ho ho! So how was your morning?
That does suck. You had to say it, go on you for not letting him walk all over you. "What if I call the cops". f*** you
I hope your wife can understand how wrong her father is, not to hate him but to understand how much of a fool he is.
How's the AR build?

Back
Top Bottom