Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Once or more every six months

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Once or more each year

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bacon is f'n awesome.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
In the summer months I get out pretty much twice a week. Winter time maybe once a month, despite having access to an indoor range. I'm interested in a non formal poll of sorts to see how often we shoot on a whole (and who I should stand 20 feet back from at member shoots) [smile].

The only qualifier I would like to ask is if you answer the poll indicate via reply if you carry or not.

Between having a range 10 minutes from work and from home, I'm usually somewhere for at least an hour almost every weekday. I don't usually shoot during the weekends except when going to an organized shoot or taking a class, or shooting with friends.

I shoot two or three times a week in the spring, summer, and fall. Less in the winter. The indoor range is to far away and the old body does not like the cold and snow. Don't carry any more.

Between matches and training, probably 3 to 4 nights a week during the 6-month Bullseye league season, otherwise maybe once a week or so, not counting shooting air pistol in my basement range. Carry rarely.

Summer two or three times a month if not more --- winter when ever I can get a chance but sometimes can be months.
24/7

Last edited:
I carry:

*if and when I want to (usually once or twice a week)
*to and from shooting activities to protect my guns

Most of the time I actually set a goal. It's not usually all that impressive, just a certain number of targets with no fliers, sometimes for a particular score, sometimes just to see how many shots in the black I can make before I miss. But almost always with a goal.

The few 'plinking' sessions are usually just when I've brought a guest. We'll knock around a plastic bottle or something.

How often depends on a lot of things. At least once a month, but I've been known to do 'lunch runs' almost daily at times for a few quick mags.

I like to use the Shoot-n-see targets because I can just peel and stick and then peel and toss. Makes the range time easier.

I almost always carry, and shoot at least 2 or 3 times per week on average (less during the winter, more during the summer).

Like Chris, I try to set a goal when I'm by myself (something like: I can't leave until I put all seven shots from one mag onto the 40 yard steel plate). I also shoot at lunch.

My house is 5 minutes from the range so it's not unusual for me to load up 20 rounds of a new load, run to the range with my chrono, then go back home and load more.

I carry and like to get away to the range with my 1911 at least every other week. At the indoor range where I shoot al targets have to at the 50 ft backstop.

When its warm enough outdoors its close range drills with drawing from concealment, alternating targets and double taps.

When the kid asks to go it's pretty much .22's and all about having fun with my son. Then its time for spinners, clays & cheap cans of soda. You know, the fun stuff. [smile]

No less than 3 times a week, indoor or outdoor, summer, winter, no difference in weather for me.
Never am not carrying, except Fed. buildings.

Getting back in the groove . . .

PRE1253.jpg
I shoot once or twice a week and carry mostly infrequently. I’m only now getting started again shooting after some twelve or so years away from it. Slowly buying back similar guns that I had sold and purchasing some that I've always wanted. I’m also, ever so slowly, getting set up to reload again. I can’t get over the way the Commonwealth has torched the legal gun owner over those years I was away and also the cost of shooting, not just ammo.

Through this forum (thank you very much Derek) and the great folks that I have met and purchased my last three guns from (all members here) I now have an even deeper respect and appreciation for my fellow shooting enthusiasts.

It’s ever so satisfying to once again smell the burnt powder, feel the kick of a fine piece of workmanship and watch some of my shots punch through the black again. I know of no freer feeling, Glory Hallelujah!
[smile]

Back
Top Bottom