Investigators say triple shooting in Hyde Park led them to a Littleton gun dealer, who was arrested today for illegally selling guns to one of the vic

Yep. End to end encrypted messages would have been the way to go. Something like the app Signal would have done the job.
The govt may have a back door or hacked the system, but this charge unlikely rises to the level where the would be willing to make that public. The real secret squirrel agencies probably would not even let the FBI know. An FBI agent I knew socially years ago told there we classified rooms in the FBI office that he was not allowed in because he did not have the specific required clearance.

The article written by adamg on universal hub is a pretty tough read. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the FFL that knowingly processed a straw purchase?
Allegedly processed

I don't know him even in passing, but I would not put it past Mass to knowingly solicit bogus claims in attempting to shutdown the Mill.

He could be guilty as sin, but knowing Mass I'm leaning right now towards a frame up.

Full disclosure I have not read everything about this yet. If he talked to the cops, then that's that...

Allegedly processed

I don't know him even in passing, but I would not put it past Mass to knowingly solicit bogus claims in attempting to shutdown the Mill.

He could be guilty as sin, but knowing Mass I'm leaning right now towards a frame up.

Full disclosure I have not read everything about this yet. If he talked to the cops, then that's that...
Read that affidavit, it's pretty clear the guy is an idiot.

"The
charges also undermine claims
by some gun rights advocates
that licensed gun dealers are
not a major source of guns used in street crimes"
There’s the money shot.

I'm curious how many shootings have occurred in central/eastern Mass since the Mill had it's population explosion, what, 5 or 6 years ago. And this feeble incident is the FIRST they've tied to it.

The dealer chatted up the cops while his apartment was being searched, offered a lot of information, waived his rights, and went on record admitting to knowingly doing the straw sale.

He's dumb for knowingly violating federal law. He's dumb for dealing with a couple of hood rats. He's dumb for running his mouth. He's dumb for leaving evidence everywhere. He's dumb for storing inventory at home. He's dumb for waiving his rights. Dude's IQ must be a single digit.

There’s the money shot.
This one doesn't help either:
"DAIGLE said that on October 27, 2022, GRANT bought a Glock 23, Glock 19, and a Glock 21. DAIGLE advised that he got a Glock 19X kit from another dealer and disassembled the Glock to sell the frame and slide separately; he did the same with another dealer for the Glock 23.13 The Glock 21 was from DAIGLE’s inventory"

Sal Lupoli can be a real a$$hole sometimes. My friend from Chelmsford knows Sal because their kids are roughly the same age and participated together in some activities.
He's one of those people that goes from being the nicest guy in the world that would donate you his kidney or bone marrow to turning on you on a dime for no particular reason.

He's one of those people that goes from being the nicest guy in the world that would donate you his kidney or bone marrow to turning on you on a dime for no particular reason.
Is he the Sal as in pizza, rebuilt the Lawrence Mill next to 495, had his hands in the Thorndike Mill in Lowell as well??

Draper vs. Boudrie challenged in in the case of Glocks in the first circuit.

The court accepted the Glock manual as full proof Glocks do not have a loaded chamber indicator, accepted all AGs claims, and rejected all plaintiff's claims - summary judgment. We were not even allowed to argue our case, have a trial or present evidence. But we did get precedent preventing filing of a similar case. All cases bring risk - we carefully evaluated, thought we had a strong case, and got screwed.

Isn’t the a new, recently filed case going after the approved roster bs? I think Michels or FPC are suing CA over their approved roster

Am I reading too much into this? Why do I think there is more going on here? Daigle got $1013 for 3 Glocks, ammo and more. Even at non MA pricing, that's way, way low.

I'll bet that he might have owed $$$$ for other "merchandise" and this was part of the payment.

Of course, we are are just speculating because that's what we do here....

Am I reading too much into this? Why do I think there is more going on here? Daigle got $1013 for 3 Glocks and ammo. Even at non MA pricing, that's way, way low.

I'll bet that he might have owed $$$$ for other "merchandise" and this was part of the payment.

Of course, we are are just speculating because that's what we do here....
Hmm could be. That doesn't really add up at all

The article, between the lines, sounded like they got the killer/s to help the police go "up the chain" with testimony that whether true or not, serves themselves well.

Very possibly, Daigle was framed with lies. That or he's a moron...

To add...

If you think I'm implying that our government might manufacture situations to influence the public or policy, then I can't stop you, can I?
Lol i love a good conspiracy but are you implying they sent a dude to die so they could bust a gun dealer on a straw purchase

The govt may have a back door or hacked the system, but this charge unlikely rises to the level where the would be willing to make that public. The real secret squirrel agencies probably would not even let the FBI know. An FBI agent I knew socially years ago told there we classified rooms in the FBI office that he was not allowed in because he did not have the specific required clearance.
They almost certainly have a back door.

But it seems totally reasonable for the FBI to have compartmentalized closed areas for just their normal work. Nothing super secret squirrel. Just special access requirements to minimize how many people know things about particular cases or undercover operations.

Yep. End to end encrypted messages would have been the way to go. Something like the app Signal would have done the job.
End-to-end encryption only protects messages from being read while "in transit" through cell providers, the internet, and Google/Apple's message sniffers. It does not protect them from viewing them directly on the phone. When the search warrant was executed, they took the cell phones and had Google/Apple remotely unlock them. This type of request requires a search warrant which they did have.
Signal application is not as safe as you think it is. Yes, it has a passcode to enter the app. Unlike fingerprints, and phone passcode, which can be bypassed remotely, the Signal passcode is specific to the app. Google/Apple cannot unlock it. That said, Signal only requires you to enter the passcode after several days of application inactivity. In other words, if you use the app daily, you will never need to re-enter the code.

Anyone who thinks they have secure phones/apps are grossly misinformed. There is nothing you do on your phone is private or secure. Nothing.

The dealer chatted up the cops while his apartment was being searched, offered a lot of information, waived his rights, and went on record admitting to knowingly doing the straw sale.

He's dumb for knowingly violating federal law. He's dumb for dealing with a couple of hood rats. He's dumb for running his mouth. He's dumb for leaving evidence everywhere. He's dumb for storing inventory at home. He's dumb for waiving his rights. Dude's IQ must be a single digit.
I bet it was just like a movie "if you admit to it, we will ask for the minimum sentence".

And the idiot spoke.

End-to-end encryption only protects messages from being read while "in transit" through cell providers, the internet, and Google/Apple's message sniffers. It does not protect them from viewing them directly on the phone. When the search warrant was executed, they took the cell phones and had Google/Apple remotely unlock them. This type of request requires a search warrant which they did have.
Signal application is not as safe as you think it is. Yes, it has a passcode to enter the app. Unlike fingerprints, and phone passcode, which can be bypassed remotely, the Signal passcode is specific to the app. Google/Apple cannot unlock it. That said, Signal only requires you to enter the passcode after several days of application inactivity. In other words, if you use the app daily, you will never need to re-enter the code.

Anyone who thinks they have secure phones/apps are grossly misinformed. There is nothing you do on your phone is private or secure. Nothing.

I understand and agree with everything you've said.

At least slow them down. Password every time after short, like 2 minute, timeout. Delete all messages after sending and after reading. Of course if the person on the other end does not do it then you are screwed. Maybe burner phones on each end and dump them.

I guess the bottom line is don't sell to a straw purchaser if you know it.

Back
Top Bottom