Is a G17 3rd gen MA compliant in demand?

I don't know if this is the correct spot to post this question but here goes. I was on another forum and posted my plans to make a project gun out of a
G17 that I have on layaway. It is a 3rd gen ma compliant Glock it has some holster wear with the older finish, it also has a extended slide and mag release. There are night sights on the gun but don't know how old they are, they do still glow but not as bright as others I have seen. I was planning to send the gun to Glock to bring the gun back to stock as well as refinishing the slide, I was gonna do the stippling on the grip and remove the finger humps on the front strap. I received a pm from a gentelman who told me that I should sell the G17 to someone in MA and just buy a newer model which will have the finish I want anyway...so my question to you , Is there a demand for what I have and is it worth my time to even mess with trying to sell over the internet?

hey sport..ALL 3rd gen glocks are in demand in MA...before you go about customizing the one you have you may want to post in the classifieds here and try and sell it or trade it for a 1st or 2nd gen glock 17 that already has no finger grips on the front strap...if the price is right and the condition of the gun is good im sure there are plenty of people here would jump at the opportuity pending a serial # check

If it's a private sale, why would a serial # check be important? Even if the sale is from a dealer it would be the dealer, and not the buyer, violating the AG's regs if the gun was post magic date.

Rob,

Since the seller is out of state, federal law requires that the firearm be transferred through a local FFL. Therefore the need to be pre 1998.
You are right in the case of residents of the same state.

Hello all,

I am also interested in this. A friend of mine has been quite convincing in trying to have me get a G17 as a good pistol to start out with.

AS I am currently a CT resident this isn't a big deal, but I don't want to lose my shirt on it if I hate it. I will most likely be moving to MA in the coming year.

I am just wondering if someone would be willing to buy one in a FTF transaction.

Once you become an inmate of the PRM you will learn that G17s are very desirable. HOWEVER they are also very plentiful in Gen 2 config, so that Four Seasons regularly sells them refurb for ~$400.00.

Gen 3 G17 will however drive a premium as some perceive them more desirable and you will likely get more money for that model FTF if you decide that the G17 isn't to your liking.

Hello all,

I am also interested in this. A friend of mine has been quite convincing in trying to have me get a G17 as a good pistol to start out with.

AS I am currently a CT resident this isn't a big deal, but I don't want to lose my shirt on it if I hate it. I will most likely be moving to MA in the coming year.

I am just wondering if someone would be willing to buy one in a FTF transaction.
I recommend you get a Glock 34 instead. Then if you do move to MA and want to sell it you'll quickly wish you had purchased a half-dozen instead.

-Cuz.

Hello all,

Even if you hate the thing you will always make out on it up
here. Worst case you will be able to sell it for what you paid for
it... and even that is a bit of a stretch.... it is typically easy to get
more.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom