Is your OCD as bad as mine?

Rifles are tools and nothing more. Never really cared how they “look”.

However.

This is probably going to drive me nuts.

Why did zev make their lowers so glossy??

Attachments

• E5DC9A81-21DA-4FED-96F8-69F049DA6F03.jpeg
    E5DC9A81-21DA-4FED-96F8-69F049DA6F03.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 254
maybe you need one of their uppers too? They may be matching glossy

A good option but impossible to be found. They’re sold out everywhere

I reached out to a local company that does cerakote. Curious to see how expensive it is just to get a lower painted.

Not looking for an exact match but something closer.

Unless uppers or lowers are anodized in the same batch, there will always be a slight variation in finishes.

That is the most drastic mismatch I've seen in a long while, but as you say, they are tools not art and as long as it shoots good, I could live with it.

There's always the camo paint option.

Looks like non-stick teflon coating. Do a couple mag dumps then fry an egg on it [rofl]
This. Or even powder coated. Doesn't look anodized. Looks thick.

Zev's website states it's type 3 anodizing
Aluminum anodizing is typically referred to by its three types. Type I is chromic acid anodize (or chromic alternatives) which are very thin on the order of 0.0001” thick. Type II is the conventional sulfuric acid anodize which can be decoratively dyed nearly any color and results in a thickness of 0.0002 – 0.0006”. Hardcoat Anodize is Type III which is done under more exacting process conditions resulting in a harder, denser, thicker, and more abrasion resistant coating. Hardcoat thicknesses can vary from 0.0005 to 0.0030” and beyond but is dependent on the specific alloy being anodized.

Last edited:
Steve at Northeast Arms in Peabody could cerakote the lower and upper easily. I had him do mine in Tungsten gray a few years ago. Came out awesome.

What's wrong with a little bling?

_pdp_sq_

Kidding aside, that does look like nonstick teflon and mismatched to your typical black anodize. Such is the crazy world of parts availability in 2020.

I think i have OCD about peoples OCD!
What you have is nothing more than a custom 2 tone receiver assembly. Spray the shit out of it with a heavy duty cleaner that gloss may go away.

Back
Top Bottom