• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

You cant miss if you have a 5 shot revolver!

What club ran a steel challenge this weekend?
Cape Cod Fish and Game. 10am, every Sunday.

I go in with the mindset of making my hits, and the time is the time. I'm pretty slow, but we had a 71 target course of fire including a bonus stage for the match this past weekend, and I used 73 rounds. There are a few guys at the club who sound like they just break the trigger as the dot is passing by each target. I get a good sight picture, then break the trigger. I watched a guy send 8 or 9 rounds at 5 targets to clear the stage, but he did it in under 4 seconds including the draw.

Last edited:
I think its because lighter bullets might dislodge from the case with the recoil, thus jamming the cylinder
Possibly that is the reason it is printed on the barrel.

Something else think about is that lighter bullets loaded up to 357 magnum pressures expose the forcing cone and cylinder face to more erosion. As soon as the base of the bullet clears the cylinder throat, the forcing cone and cylinder face will get blasted. Lighter bullets mean more powder behind the charge, which means the blasting happens for longer. It's a stainless sleeved barrel, hence stainless forcing cone, but not a thick one, and the cylinder is titanium. Maybe reloader could ameliorate that concern somewhat by using a faster powder, but most factory 357 magnum loads are going to be loaded over a relatively slow pistol powder.

Also, the lighter and faster you go, the lower it's going to print. I think these have a reputation for printing low as it is, but I might be misremembering. I've never had one, and if I did, I'd probably load it with with 38+P instead.

Back
Top Bottom