• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's Heeeere!!!

God I love it when a gun finally comes in!!! I just picked up my Smith and Wesson 642CT. Man, this is a nice gun! Feels great - even in my big gorilla mitts. The CT Lasergrips seem to be a perfect addition to this pistol. I have it in my front jeans pocket as I type this and hardly notice it's there. Ordered a Mika pocket holster for it and am still weighing out belt holster options. Now I need speed loaders and more ammo! Anyone have a clue as to why and what purpose is there for 158gr FMJ 38-Special. I saw a box from magTech, but did not buy it. Just curious. Any suggestion on what to or not to put on the finish? This is my first aluminum framed revolver and I don't want to screw it up. Man I'm stoked to get to the range! Thank for all your tips and advice everyone!

In one word, I describe the Smith and Wesson 642CT as: Badass...I almost said: Sweet, but I don't want to come off as too sensitive... [wink]

Good question as I use Break-free for everything I have other than my shotgun which i use Hoppes.

I've used both Hoppes #9 and Break Free on my 642. I always take off my CT Grips before I clean. I'm not sure if the solvents would do anything to the electronics, but I wouldn't take the chance.

WOW! Just put 90-rounds downtown with my new 642! This revolver is absolutely superb. Not what I expected, yet more than I expected. Need to work on sighting in the CT's, (mine were WAY off), but got used to the open sights within 20-rounds or so. The gun fits my hand very well, trigger pull is longer than I'm used to, but didn't feel as heavy as I expected, (some report it's like a freight train it seems). Recoil was the same - not as bad as I thought it would be. I used 3 types of ammo from Winchester 125's to Speer 125's to Hdra 129's. The Winchesters were not impressive, especially as they had a tendancy to not eject well. The Hydras and Speers seemed crisper and more accurate. I'm doing a lot of reading on defensive carry rounds for the .38 and hopefully will come up with an effective round for my 642.

In the meantime, I need to find more ammo to practice with, pick up a holster and some speedloaders and keep on practicing... :) I have to say that carrying this gun around all day today has me questioning carrying anything else and that says a lot. I've been carrying autos for over 20-years. Maybe it's time for a change....

Back
Top Bottom