Jets’ Quinnen Williams gun charges dismissed after offseason incident at LaGuardia Airport

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Felony gun charges against Jets defensive lineman Quinnen Williams were dismissed Monday after some pandemic-related delays in the courts.
Williams was charged stemming from his March 5 arrest at LaGuardia Airport when he had an unloaded handgun in a carry-on bag at LaGuardia Airport.
“As we said from the outset, this matter has been resolved with no criminal charges,” Williams' attorney Alex Spiro told the Daily News in a statement. “This case was nothing more than a technical issue with the storing of a firearm, which is why the government gave Mr. Williams nothing more than a ticket.”

I assume not getting prosecuted by New York state for this is a privilege of being a sportsball player? Anyone without some celebrity which brings media support would be looking at going to jail?

I assume not getting prosecuted by New York state for this is a privilege of being a sportsball player? Anyone without some celebrity which brings media support would be looking at going to jail?
It's probably more like having a good attorney and the antis not wanting to create a 2A case. NY has punted on several of these possession only cases in the past 5 years, likely to avoid creating an RKBA case.

Especially since their favorite anti 2A Justice is being replaced.

It's probably more like having a good attorney and the antis not wanting to create a 2A case. NY has punted on several of these possession only cases in the past 5 years, likely to avoid creating an RKBA case.

Maybe NOT jail, but certainly lifetime revocation of your gun rights.

Yeah, either have a shitload of money, or none (aka, din do nuffin), if that was you or me, bye bye!
No, you are just jealous because a black man who has made something of himself, and accomplished things, got treated better than you, a white fella, who really has not done much, accomplished much nor is looked up to.

No, you are just jealous because a black man who has made something of himself, and accomplished things, got treated better than you, a white fella, who really has not done much, accomplished much nor is looked up to.

I've actually done a lot with my life AND I have some interesting connections. But I'd have to use all of them PLUS 50K or my own $ for an innocent mistake. Regardless of the color of my skin. Ditto for the ball-boy's skin. It's not about his race, it's about his foozball famousation.

Back
Top Bottom