Job opportunity Burlington VT PD

TY43215

NES Member
Sharing this from another forum

Now Accepting Applications For:

Police Officer
Come join our Police Department and be a part of the exciting and promising future of Burlington, one of the most livable cities in America. We offer exceptional careers for those seeking a challenging profession where you can make a difference.

Benefits of being a Burlington Police Officer

Starting salary is $41,503 - $49,269 per year depending upon experience
Signing bonus of $5000 for full-time certified law enforcement applicants
Signing bonus of $2000 for non-certified applicants
Education incentives: annual bonus of $400 for an Associate’s Degree, $800 for a Bachelor’s Degree, and $1200 for a Master’s Degree
Work schedule that consists of 10 hour days-- 4 days on and 3 days off with weekends off every other month
Specialty assignments include: Canine, School Resource Officer, Detectives, In-house Instructors, Identification Tech/Forensics, Bike Patrol, Motor Unit, etc.
Training and equipment costs paid by the Department
Three weeks of time off per year which increases by one week every 5 years up to 15 years of service
Family health and dental insurance
Sick time and non-use bonus
Shift differential and overtime for court appearances
City retirement system: 48% base salary at age 45 & 20 years of service or an increased percentage at age 45 and greater than 20 years of service
The Burlington Police Department is committed to diversifying our work force and we encourage women and men with diverse racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds to apply. We are a progressive organization that values and respects diversity among our employees and within our community.

We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, veteran status or disability. Our Recruitment Officer, Corporal John Federico, can be reached at 802-658-2704 x119 or [email protected].

I have a couple people I have shot with over the years that are members of this PD and like where they work.

Some departments that are not civil service do not have an upper age restriction. I was trying to get on in Yarmouth and asked that question in the interview and the Lt. told me there wan't one there. You could go that route if you're looking Blitz1. Also Boston i "think" recently changed thier hiring age to 40 as the cut off. Check the HRD website for further information. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom