Just a thought

SKS Ray

NES Member
Was looking at a few guns in the gallery and one of them reminded of a carbine a friend of mine bought last year. He's the kind of guy who doesn't mind dropping loads of cash on nice guns and would probably sell them cheap if he ever wanted or needed to.
Thats when I got to thinking... if someone you know gets in trouble and is probably going to lose their license and they sell you a gun, do police come looking for that gun if they're revoking his license?
I'm not saying a gun thats been used in a crime. Say though for example your friend smacks his wife and gets arrested. Next day he gets out on bail, knows his license will be gone, and sells you a gun using an FA10 form. When the police show up to his place looking for his guns, will they be expecting the one he sold after being arrested?
Sure would suck to get a sweet deal on a gun and find out you have to give it up.

Sure would suck to get a sweet deal on a gun and find out you have to give it up.

Well, if he has not yet been told to bring his gun(s) in or have the PD show up on his doorstep to confiscate them, it should be a legal sale. And he has his copy of the FA-10 to prove where it is. Especially if he has already mailed the CHSB copy in to them.

I'd hate to profit from a friend's bad karma, but look at it this way, at least he has the money instead of just a receipt from the PD.

I'd hate to profit from a friend's bad karma, but look at it this way, at least he has the money instead of just a receipt from the PD.

That's not profiting "from a friend's bad karma;" that's rescuing a deserving firearm from an ignoble end AND protecting your friend from embarrassment and loss!

Good on you, Frosty. [wink]

That's not profiting "from a friend's bad karma;" that's rescuing a deserving firearm from an ignoble end AND protecting your friend from embarrassment and loss!

That is a good point.

Back
Top Bottom