Just got ltc-A. No restrictions chelmsford. I now want to join a club

As the title states I finally receive my ltc class a and now I want to become a mmember of a club preferably close to my house in chelmsford. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on agood one to become a mmember?

Congratulations on your LTC now go spend.
I'mworking on it lol. II'm going to take a trip down to four seasons in woburn soon to shop around.
If there are a y members of the clubs listed above (thank you for posting them I appreciate it a lot) that have some info or would care to show me aroundiI'd greatly Appreciate it.

I'm not near there but have been to and shot at both Harvard and Westford. Both are excellent choices. There are many members of both here on NES and I'm sure some would be more than willing to show you around and give you the scoop on what they have to offer.

I belong to Lowell Sportsman on swain rd. If you want to check it out I'll be there tonight for the monthly meeting and if you like it you could put your application in tonight.

I've heard very good things about Westford and Harvard but have never been to either. LSC was my choice simply for convenience.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Harvard -- it has action shooting pits where you can practice defensive shooting.

True, but if you want the shotgun sports, Harvard doesn't offer that and Westford does. That's why it pays to visit both and see which one fits best. Hell if I lived up that way I'd probably belong to both!

If you work in or frequent the Bedford/Burlington area then Woburn Sportsman is something to consider. WSA might not be the closest club to my house, but its the most convenient for me based on my frequent travels. The club has rules, but thats a Pro/Con discussion for all the local clubs. I can give you a tour and more info anytime.

If you work in or frequent the Bedford/Burlington area then Woburn Sportsman is something to consider. WSA might not be the closest club to my house, but its the most convenient for me based on my frequent travels. The club has rules, but thats a Pro/Con discussion for all the local clubs. I can give you a tour and more info anytime.
Sounds great man. I would appreciate that. That isn't actually to far from my house at all.

Harvard will cover the best of most areas of shooting. As Lens said though shotgun is lacking compared to other clubs. We do have a fun shoot monthly though and have even hosted events with action shotgun - you don't get that at many clubs at all.

True, but if you want the shotgun sports, Harvard doesn't offer that and Westford does. That's why it pays to visit both and see which one fits best. Hell if I lived up that way I'd probably belong to both!

Harvard does have a trap range with clay throwers. I don't know how it compares to other clubs though.

Harvard does have a trap range with clay throwers. I don't know how it compares to other clubs though.

Harvard doesn't have an automatic trap machine, last I knew. So for competitive trap shooters, that just doesn't cut it. WSA had a couple trap fields with proper trap machines. Riverside has both trap and skeet. And then there is Minuteman Sportsmen's Club, which is in an entirely different league if you are a shotgun guy (I'm not):

imag000.jpg

Harvard doesn't have an automatic trap machine, last I knew. So for competitive trap shooters, that just doesn't cut it. WSA had a couple trap fields with proper trap machines. Riverside has both trap and skeet. And then there is Minuteman Sportsmen's Club, which is in an entirely different league if you are a shotgun guy (I'm not):

imag000.jpg

Interesting. I had never even heard of that place even though I'm down in that area fairly often. Google maps has a lot of detail in that area if you zoom in.

https://maps.google.com/maps?client...99&ei=iIC3Ua2kHeSq0AHjioHoBA&ved=0CJ4BEPwSMAA

I believe it is purely a shotgun club. Looking at it from above, it sure looks like their neighbor to the north is awfully close to the shotfall field.

Back
Top Bottom