Justice Kennedy to Retire this Summer, according to Republican Senator (NYDailyNews article)

Was Kennedy pro or anti 2A? This could be either a status-quo or a gain. I heard/read something about Nevada's Dean Heller looking at the position:
The endangered GOP senator who thinks Justice Kennedy could save him
He was pro 2a on DC v Heller. So if your one track minded Kennedy's retirement is a wash not a gain. He leans left in other issues so we may see a small gain to the right with a trump pick but time will tell.

We need the old hag rbg to f***ing die already and Trump can get a hat trick.

If Kennedy does retire, Thomas Hardiman is likely on deck for the nomination. When Ginsberg finally gets her ticket to the underworld I think Trump is likely to replace her with another woman.
Woman or man makes no difference jfc. As long as they believe in the true constitution who cares if they have a dick other not?

Apparently they forgot the pressure on RBG to retire while Obama was still in office and could appoint a younger female ideologue as part of his legacy. That was before Justice Scalia died, so I think goes back to 2015 or so.
You forget......Hillary was the chosen one......those f***ers full on "knew" she was gonna win so they didn't prepare.

He was pro 2a on DC v Heller. So if your one track minded Kennedy's retirement is a wash not a gain. He leans left in other issues so we may see a small gain to the right with a trump pick but time will tell.

We need the old hag rbg to f***ing die already and Trump can get a hat trick.
He was pro-2A on Heller and refused to take up any 2A cases after McDonald except Caetano. His replacement may make a huge difference for 2A.

Woman or man makes no difference jfc. As long as they believe in the true constitution who cares if they have a dick other not?

Whoever they date.

But not the rest of us, I agree.

I agree that the fix was in, and they wanted her replacement to be part of Hillary's legacy. I wonder how much Trump would have won by if the Democrats hadn't cheated.

Hey Kamala,

We true Americans are pinching ourselves we're so thrilled.

Uh, pretty much as a rule, intolerant violent democrats do not protect our rights.

tumblr_pb201uEw5t1rhnukoo1_1280.jpg

Apparently they forgot the pressure on RBG to retire while Obama was still in office and could appoint a younger female ideologue as part of his legacy. That was before Justice Scalia died, so I think goes back to 2015 or so.
Despite the headline, the article admits just that.
You forget......Hillary was the chosen one......those f***ers full on "knew" she was gonna win so they didn't prepare.
Now RBG has to stay on even if "Weekend at Bernie's" hoping for Trump to lose in 2020.

Otherwise, the court could be 6-3 pretty soon!

Despite the headline, the article admits just that.

Now RBG has to stay on even if "Weekend at Bernie's" hoping for Trump to lose in 2020.

Otherwise, the court could be 6-3 pretty soon!
6-3 wouldn't be a good thing IMO. There's sometimes pro-freedom/libertarian 1st/4th/5th amendment 5-4 decisions where one of the conservatives sides with the liberals. And it would be a bad thing if the court gets wildly out of step with the democratic branches; that's where you start risking court packing or other radical steps if the left sweeps an election.

6-3 wouldn't be a good thing IMO. There's sometimes pro-freedom/libertarian 1st/4th/5th amendment 5-4 decisions where one of the conservatives sides with the liberals. And it would be a bad thing if the court gets wildly out of step with the democratic branches; that's where you start risking court packing or other radical steps if the left sweeps an election.
The left already did this (packing the lower courts). It’s a guarantee that they will take radical steps to “fundamentally change America” when they come into power again whether the court be 5-4, 6-3, or 9-0 when they take power again.

SCOTUS needs to follow the damn COTUS. We should have 9 “originalists” on the court. All of this twisting the law and logic into a pretzel to justify some crap that Congress pushes out out their a$$es has to stop.

And here's the Senator from California:
View attachment 238422

raw

So she personally benefited from a supreme court case heard a decade before she was born? As in she was forced to go to a segregated school before she was even born?

Anyone else also notice that the Left is pushing to re-segregate schools again?

I keep thinking of the scene in Braveheart where Longshanks wants Wallace, "Alive if possible, dead, just as good"

I honestly wouldn't put it past them to Weekend at Bernie's her corpse if she dies. She already sleeps through just about everything. Sunglasses on her and prop her up in her chair and no one would ever know.

... Anyone else also notice that the Left is pushing to re-segregate schools again? ...

If by segregate, you mean communities that have schools where whites (or Christians, etc) are sent to the White school and blacks (Muslims, or whatever) are sent to the Black school, that was an absurdly racist policy.

If by segregate, you mean communities that generally have kids attend the nearest school, and that happens to result in a concentration of whites at one and blacks at another, that's just geography.

"Bussing" was a horrible idea.

The left already did this (packing the lower courts). It’s a guarantee that they will take radical steps to “fundamentally change America” when they come into power again whether the court be 5-4, 6-3, or 9-0 when they take power again.

SCOTUS needs to follow the damn COTUS. We should have 9 “originalists” on the court. All of this twisting the law and logic into a pretzel to justify some crap that Congress pushes out out their a$$es has to stop.

QFTMFT

If you mean that there is a high percentage of Democratic appointees right now, it's a common misconception that this is unusual. After one party has had the presidency for 8 years, it's always the case that that party has a high percentage of appointees, and it balances out over the course of the other party's term, then tips in the other direction.

What court-packing means is enlarging the size of a court so the party in power can fill the newly created seats with their own appointees, and so tip the balance of power in their favor. The last president to consider it was FDR.

If by segregate, you mean communities that have schools where whites (or Christians, etc) are sent to the White school and blacks (Muslims, or whatever) are sent to the Black school, that was an absurdly racist policy.

If by segregate, you mean communities that generally have kids attend the nearest school, and that happens to result in a concentration of whites at one and blacks at another, that's just geography.

"Bussing" was a horrible idea.

Elite NYC High School's Plan to Segregate Students by Race Backfires After Parents Revolt

Literally segregation.

Did not think anyone today would pull that.

Birds of a (whatever type of) feather tend to flock together in their free time, but that goes a bit beyond...

My town is big enough there are several schools and each has a slightly different "mission". It results in some self selecting segregation but it's more like the "percentages" vary a little per school, not school A is black, B is white and C is hispanic. Oh, they're white too, now, according to the libs... Guess we only need two schools...

Back
Top Bottom