Knife vs. Gun...

Wait , Please.

Does Tom Sotis live in Attleboro ? I figured he was far away.

Approximately three years ago he lived in an apartment in Mansfield. Before that I believe he lived in either Attleboro or North Attleboro. I think that he has since left the area but I'm not sure.

Well that figures. i have taken a big interest in learning more about knife fighting. I have joined an Indonesian martial art class teaching two forms of Silat : Kendang and Harimau. In a few months I have learned more about fighting with a knife than I did in 22 years of "traditional" Japanese and Korean arts.

Tom Sotis' name keeps coming up , over and over , described as The Man.
SO now that I know of him , he probably lives in Kentucky.

Back to Topic : A great many highly skilled shooters are not well versed in body mechanics in relation to an oponent. And would be chopped to pieces at close range by a knife fighter - or a nut case with a knife.

But learning some useful and " use-able " positioning and footwork skills isn't very hard , and doesn't require one to be a dedicated H2H fighter , or formally trained martial artist. But I don't know where a guy can go to learn these things without stepping into a gym that wants to teach you a complete system. .. Which is how I did it.

Seminars , I guess. ( ... Jim Conway .... )

Tom Sotis

Tom actually lives in Rhode Island. We are discussing a course with him. BTW, he is a great guy. His web site is http://www.amok.co.za/tom.html I understand that Tom Sotis was injured in a class in LA this past weekend and taken to the hospital I have no other details abot the event or his prognosis. I can get his contact info if you need it.

My latest info is that Tom broke his leg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom