• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knights armament love

Garand Thumb made a video on KAC rifles and people went nuts over them.

KAC got a mil contract and between these things availability went to crap and prices went nuts.

The rifles are nice but let’s not pretend they’re better than other more affordable options of high quality.

KAC got a mil contract and between these things availability went to crap and prices went nuts.

The rifles are nice but let’s not pretend they’re better than other more affordable options of high quality.

People were into knights armament before Garand Thumb made his SR15 video. People recommended them well before that. Of course, it didn’t hurt popularity.

KAC has had frequent military contracts for SR25s over the years too. But yes, they did have to stop taking civilian orders during COVID continue that for a while to meet contractual obligations and fill backlogs. That certainly put a strain on the commercial SR15 supply.

I don’t think the KS1 contract has had any influence on popularity.

Their MSRPs are pricey, but not out of line for a high end gun. My biggest gripe is proprietary bolts/barrel extensions and a difficulty in getting spare parts, with them being inflated price when you can find them.

People were into knights armament before Garand Thumb made his SR15 video. People recommended them well before that. Of course, it didn’t hurt popularity.

KAC has had frequent military contracts for SR25s over the years too. But yes, they did have to stop taking civilian orders during COVID continue that for a while to meet contractual obligations and fill backlogs. That certainly put a strain on the commercial SR15 supply.

I don’t think the KS1 contract has had any influence on popularity.

Their MSRPs are pricey, but not out of line for a high end gun. My biggest gripe is proprietary bolts/barrel extensions and a difficulty in getting spare parts, with them being inflated price when you can find them.
I mean 3-3500 isn't out of line for a high end rifle

I'm probably going to get a Nemo in the near future which are in line with that price point

But i was just blown away really by the lower price

People were nuts over it well before that. The craze really started when Ash Hess got on with knight's and started flexing on p&s and other podcasts.

Plus that SR15 they leant to ballistic radio in 2013 or so that went through like 20,000 rounds without cleaning or lubrication.

After that all the snobs had knights, then it became a "flex on the gram" thing and now they're a status symbol most people dont even use. Like back in the 90s all the people summiting Everest wearing North Face and suddenly every faggot had to have it...

I got no problem with someone wanting to pay stupid money for one, I'm sure they are nice but I'd rather have a couple BCM's or DD over one KAC

I think I heard the BCG's are proprietary? That would be my only drawback if you couldn't switch it out if it went down

I got no problem with someone wanting to pay stupid money for one, I'm sure they are nice but I'd rather have a couple BCM's or DD over one KAC

I think I heard the BCG's are proprietary? That would be my only drawback if you couldn't switch it out if it went down

The bolt lugs are different on knight's bolts, they are cut round instead of square. Supposedly it helps reliability and i think kac has a copyright on rounded bolt lugs or something. You can use a standard square lug bolt in a kac rifle it will work fine.

I have 4 knights rifles currently, i got them in 2015-16 before they exploded in popularity/price, if i were where i was back then i wouldn't be looking at buying them at current pricing. Again its supply/demand. If i was gonna buy a rack grade fighting carbine today id be looking at SOLGW, Sionics, BCM etc. Ive got a few bcm's and dd's that were/are total warhorses before i started shooting my knight's guns, if my knight's disappeared tomorrow id be fine with going back.

Im actually gonna be retiring my 14.5 KAC ive been using as my SPR since 2016 to general purpose and going with the new Ridgeline rifle when it comes out.

The bolt lugs are different on knight's bolts, they are cut round instead of square. Supposedly it helps reliability and i think kac has a copyright on rounded bolt lugs or something. You can use a standard square lug bolt in a kac rifle it will work fine.

I have 4 knights rifles currently, i got them in 2015-16 before they exploded in popularity/price, if i were where i was back then i wouldn't be looking at buying them at current pricing. Again its supply/demand. If i was gonna buy a rack grade fighting carbine today id be looking at SOLGW, Sionics, BCM etc. Ive got a few bcm's and dd's that were/are total warhorses before i started shooting my knight's guns, if my knight's disappeared tomorrow id be fine with going back.

Im actually gonna be retiring my 14.5 KAC ive been using as my SPR since 2016 to general purpose and going with the new Ridgeline rifle when it comes out.
And where exactly do you do your ’fighting’.

Are these Knights Armament rifles way overly expensive and hard to find in free states too or is this mostly MA where this is an issue?

Are these Knights Armament rifles way overly expensive and hard to find in free states too or is this mostly MA where this is an issue?

Its everywhere. Ive been passively trying to get an LPR for like 3 years, even with industry hookup, le/mil, and competition affiliations its been rough.

Its everywhere. Ive been passively trying to get an LPR for like 3 years, even with industry hookup, le/mil, and competition affiliations its been rough.
Wow. I never wanted one before but reading this thread I kind of want one. I think that must be the same reason others are crazy about them too. But I know I’d have buyers remorse because it wouldnt do anything that much cheaper options don’t do.

…

That changes how I feel about getting one then. Parts availability is a big factor for me. Not going to join in the frenzy though.

Edit: fixing stupid auto corrects.

Last edited:
Wow. I never wanted one before but reading this thread I kind of want one. I think that must be the same reason others are crazy about them too. But I know I’d have buyers remorse because it wouldnt do anything that much cheaper options don’t do.

Welcome to FOMO and "bubble mentality". This is how the Tulip Bubble, the Mississippi Bubble, the South Seas Bubble, the 1920's Stock Market Bubble, the 80's Japanese Economic Bubble, the '00 Tech Bubble, the '07 Real Estate Bubble, etc. happened. I see it now, the Great '23 KAC bubble...

It will be fun watching recent KAC buyers go through the stages below. Waiting for Capitulation and Despair. We're at the Greed/Delusion phase now. [rofl]

1701701350619.png

I really like what SOLGW is doing, but, some of their branding is Spikes Tactical cringe worthy.

I really like what SOLGW is doing, but, some of their branding is Spikes Tactical cringe worthy.
Speaking of Spikes, they use FN barrels if I'm not mistaken, I don’t own any spikes stuff but I do have 3 custom builds with FN barrels and they are very accurate for my sub 200 yard shooting, FN barrels are solid in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom