Larry Correia: For liberals who are suddenly interested in gun ownership

Recent reports of an increase in crimes apparently motivated by bias based around someone's actual or perceived ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or whatever else,[1] have prompted some liberals to have what a Southerner might call a "come to Jesus moment" on the topic of gun ownership and self defense.

Science fiction author Larry Correia has written an essay for such people. For us, a lot of the material presented is going to be obvious, but, he does an excellent job of breaking down both the practical aspects of learning to shoot and to defend yourself, and getting licensed to carry, as well as the philosophical and political basis for the Second Amendment. He presents his material in a way that takes into account liberal political philosophy and biases and so on. If you have liberal family members or a circle of liberal friends where you're the token "gun guy" and people come to you for advice, opinions, etc., etc., you might want to point them at this essay.

[1]I'm really not interested in discussion or debate as to whether these accounts are true or false, or whether there really is an uptick in such incidents or just increased reporting because increased reporting might serve some sort of editorial bias or another at this particular time. The fact is that such things do happen, because some portion of our nation's population is composed of dirtbags. And the heightened reportage is making some of the people who are in a position to be victims, afraid.

Great article!!

Great read. I wish we could force some libs to read the whole thing...and video tape it!

Anyone got one of those commemorative Heinrich Himmler SS daggers laying around?

- - - Updated - - -

Heh...

"LGBTWTFBBQ"

mmmm, BBQ

I can't believe you all haven't heard of Larry Correia. He's a fabulous sci-fi author, former accountant, former FFL/trainer/expert witness/gun shop owner. He wrote probably THE most-read article on gun control after Sandy Hook, and he knows whereof he speaks (and writes). The article is here, and it's long but well worth reading.

And if you like gun fiction, you'll love his stuff. He has three main series: Monster Hunter, the Grimnoir Chronicles, and the Dead Six (military) trilogy. The're all on Amazon, and worth the price. Also, if you're into listening, they're on Audible, and the readers are amazing. Can't recommend Correia's books highly enough.

You probably don't know too many liberals, so shouldn't be so quick to judge. Do you have any evidence to suuport your opinion of liberals?

YouTube is full of these people melting down and advocating violence against people who have different views than their own.It's been all over CNN,MSNBC etc..

Are you being purposely obtuse or are you just ignorant?

Given how many things were burned and looted in the last 13 days, I'm not sure they are responsible enough to be gun owners.

FWIW, I know plenty of liberals, regardless of my post being in jest.

Here's what I know:

With very very very few exceptions, every Trump "supporter" has mentioned various deficiencies and problems when discussing their candidate. With very very very very very very few exceptions, every Hillary "supporter" stated that all of the issues with Hillary are a vast right-wing conspiracy to keep a woman out of the White House or some vendetta personally against the Clintons.

And this is a gross generalization, but conservative activists make and display HUGE signs for candidates. Liberal activists go around destroying and stealing conservative candidate signage. Do a search. Find out how many hits for stealing Hillary signs. I'll wait. ;)

Last edited:
And if you like gun fiction, you'll love his stuff. He has three main series: Monster Hunter, the Grimnoir Chronicles, and the Dead Six (military) trilogy. The're all on Amazon, and worth the price. Also, if you're into listening, they're on Audible, and the readers are amazing. Can't recommend Correia's books highly enough.
If you have an e-reader, Kindle editions of his books are often free, e.g. the first Monster Hunter book.

If you prefer DRM-free books, check out Baen's bundles.

And this is a gross generalization, but conservative activists make and display HUGE signs for candidates. Liberal activists go around destroying and stealing conservative candidate signage. Do a search. Find out how many hits for stealing Hillary signs. I'll wait. ;)
Same behavior as has been observed with bumper stickers for decades.

I see this as further indication of the difference in how liberals perceive private property rights and free speech. If use of speech on private property offends a liberal, they apparently have a moral imperative to destroy/steal the medium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom