• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Liberal activist shareholders set to sue Smith & Wesson as part of ESG push to cripple gun manufacturers

Reptile

NES Member

Liberal activists have taken legal action against gun manufacturers for years as part of broader ESG movement​

FIRST ON FOX: Liberal activists are preparing to file a lawsuit against the board of one of the largest gun manufacturers in the United States, alleging that the company exposed shareholders to unnecessary liability by selling and promoting AR-15 rifles and thus violating their fiduciary duty.

In a draft of a lawsuit viewed by Fox News Digital expected to be filed this week, liberal activist shareholder plantiffs alleged that the board of Smith & Wesson "knowingly allowed the Company to become exposed to significant liability for intentionally violating federal, state, and local laws through its manufacturing, marketing, and sales of AR-15 style rifles and similar semiautomatic firearms."

The draft explains that the company’s board has expressed "unwillingness to exercise any oversight whatsoever" when it comes to manufacturing and marketing AR-15s, which the shareholders say has exposed the company to unnecessary liability.

Continues...

Liberal activists have taken legal action against gun manufacturers for years as part of broader ESG movement​

FIRST ON FOX: Liberal activists are preparing to file a lawsuit against the board of one of the largest gun manufacturers in the United States, alleging that the company exposed shareholders to unnecessary liability by selling and promoting AR-15 rifles and thus violating their fiduciary duty.

In a draft of a lawsuit viewed by Fox News Digital expected to be filed this week, liberal activist shareholder plantiffs alleged that the board of Smith & Wesson "knowingly allowed the Company to become exposed to significant liability for intentionally violating federal, state, and local laws through its manufacturing, marketing, and sales of AR-15 style rifles and similar semiautomatic firearms."

The draft explains that the company’s board has expressed "unwillingness to exercise any oversight whatsoever" when it comes to manufacturing and marketing AR-15s, which the shareholders say has exposed the company to unnecessary liability.

Continues...
Some juries will convict them.

I thought the law shielding gun manufacturers from lawsuits was still on the books. Did something change recently? If it's still in place this will get thrown out pretty quick.

There is one comforting thought.
When the communists finally get total control, those “useful idiots” will be on their way to the gulags and firing squads before anyone else.

Unfortunately, at that point it will be too late for any of us.

I thought the law shielding gun manufacturers from lawsuits was still on the books. Did something change recently? If it's still in place this will get thrown out pretty quick.
This could be the court case to get it kicked at some level, got to hand it to them for trying. Hopefully, they spend millions of dollars and go broke.

Time to buy shit and wesson stock just to prove a point even if i hope all their firearms get melted down for canik slides

The lawsuit relates to corporate governance since they already won a resolution through a vote. It appears they are unhappy with the follow through on that resolution, hence the suit.

It’s an interesting strategy that gets around the federal prohibition on lawsuits to gun manufacturers for misuse of their product.

The lawsuit relates to corporate governance since they already won a resolution through a vote. It appears they are unhappy with the follow through on that resolution, hence the suit.

It’s an interesting strategy that gets around the federal prohibition on lawsuits to gun manufacturers for misuse of their product.
IF they win shit is going to get buckwild if esg doesnt get repealed

companies have dialed way back due to esg not being all that profitable

And now if a disgruntled share holder thinks they should do more

Its gonna be litttt

BlackRock is a very large shareholder in this gun co. You guys know how liberal BlackRock is. The vote won by 69% thanks to companies like BlackRock. Anti gun shareholders are a fiduciary error, they should be made to disinves.

The stock I elect to purchase on my own accord is too risky for my money's security so I'm going to sue you to change your business model. Profit loss and the resultant lower stock prices are inconsequential. My money should have a safe space under your financial umbrella...

While 100% misguided, liberal outside the box ideas of lately are creative. They are creative like a envisioning what the color seven smells or tastes like, yet still creative🤷‍♂️

Judge shopping.
You'll find one who will allow it.
The fling-enough-shit-and-some-sticks approach.

And lawfare generally has little to do with what is or isn't legal, and everything to do with the punitive nature of bringing cases which must be defended against... over and over and over.

The stock I elect to purchase on my own accord is too risky for my money's security so I'm going to sue you to change your business model. Profit loss and the resultant lower stock prices are inconsequential. My money should have a safe space under your financial umbrella...

While 100% misguided, liberal outside the box ideas of lately are creative. They are creative like a envisioning what the color seven smells or tastes like, yet still creative🤷‍♂️
Actually esg probably makes a gun stock less profitable you could argue

That would make blackrock go against its fiduciary responsibilities

I thought Catholic nuns swore a pledge of poverty (as well as chastity and obedience). I'm not Catholic so I'm open to correction. Where do these nuns get the money to buy enough gun stocks to make any kind of difference?

I thought Catholic nuns swore a pledge of poverty (as well as chastity and obedience). I'm not Catholic so I'm open to correction. Where do these nuns get the money to buy enough gun stocks to make any kind of difference?
They bought minimum stock, $2000.00, but bigger liberal investors like Blackrock own much larger shares and they voted liberal. Against their fiduciary responsibility.

clandestine grant from a Soros foundation?

They bought minimum stock, $2000.00, but bigger liberal investors like Blackrock own much larger shares and they voted liberal. Against their fiduciary responsibility.
Different rules. Much like how the Wuhan virus was deadly DEADLY if you went to church or your uncle's funeral, or wanted to get a haircut, but harmless to Floyd rioters (and funeral-goers), California governors dining at swanky restaurants, or the Obamas and their "sophisticated" party-attendees on the Vineyard.

Something to remember next time the plate is passed around.
Money that could have gone to feed the hungry...
Maybe the tax exempt statis of the church needs to be reexamined since they are turning into a political organization.

Can we sue liberal activists for ruining our country?

We can just ignore them.

Honestly - some guy controls 1% of the stock. Or 5%. That's not 50%. Good luck getting another 45% of shareholders to agree with you.

I was utterly SHOCKED to find out a few years ago that a MASSIVE amount of a CEO's time is spent talking with investors and analysts. I'm sorry. WHAT????

If I was a big-wig CEO, I'd focus on MAKING MY COMPANY BETTER. Maybe I'd do a "press conference" style thing at 9am every Friday or something. Otherwise, leave me the F alone and let me run the company. You want news? Check out the earnings. Period. Go away!

As far as these lawsuits? I'd publish on PAGE FREAKING ONE of the annual and quarterly report how much profit was lost b/c of this bullspit. Other investors would get on board and shut this crap down pretty damned fast. Who is gonna pay if they "win" the lawsuit? The company. Ergo - even LESS profits.

You want pressure? We'll have shareholders pressure you right back. Go the F away! The rich don't want you pissing in their organic individually curated Wheaties.

Back
Top Bottom