Licences/permits came yesterday...

Got my sporting license, turkey permit, and tags yesterday - usually I don't wait so long on the fishing permit but I finally found a hunter safety class that worked with my schedule this year. My first hunting license ever. [smile]

Cool man - not something I do at this point but I am sure exciting and fun.

Have a great time and be safe.

Congrats! I am a newbie too, and am fortunate to have a great mentor. Many others, including this forum, offer advice and encouragement. Gearing up for Turkey and deer takes awhile, so if you want to jump into hunting you should check out crow hunting. Long season, low equipment needs, go almost anywhere.

Happy hunting!

Tip#1. You can apply for the Antlerless deer tag lottery now, and will most likely get to buy one in September. Then you can buy one additional one a WMA's in person, or on-line you can sometimes buy two!

Definitely, thanks for the advice. I'd like to head out for the spring turkey season... I suppose I could get in the antlerless lottery now - I was going to get an archery stamp as well but I need to see if I will be able to afford a bow this summer. If I do I'll pick it up then.

+1 on the antlerless tag. Now's the time.

Ever since masswildlife opened up the online site to buy/renew, I use it. Almost abuse it. I renew in Jan each year and have everything without question in days.

Without question one of the best mass state systems in place. Never had an issue.

Congrats and enjoy [grin]

What are you hunting with for turkey and deer? Shotgun, ML, bow, all?

+1 on the antlerless tag. Now's the time.

Ever since masswildlife opened up the online site to buy/renew, I use it. Almost abuse it. I renew in Jan each year and have everything without question in days.

Without question one of the best mass state systems in place. Never had an issue.

Congrats and enjoy [grin]

Yeah no kidding - that's what I used and I had them ASAP. I have never had a problem with any on my dealings with MassWildlife - been to the Westborough office a few times and never met anyone that wasn't genuinely helpful.

I'll be taking my hunter safety course this week coming up. I think deadline to put submit paperwork for spring turkey is March 15th. I'll be looking into crow to warm up but I will more than likely be fishing much of the summer.

Back
Top Bottom