LTC wait in Needham?

A couple I know went in to get permits for their airguns* a few years back. (2002ish)

Filled out paperwork and came back a few weeks later to pick up to Class A ALPs.
No issues or problems.

Mike
* Yes, I know they needed nothing for Airguns. They did take a BFSC before hand and had their state paperwork. They wanted permits so that no one would question if they could/couldn't have their toys. It worked out, within a month they had purchased a SW Semi for fun.

Sweet counter! Also, welcome to NES! Best of luck with the application. Give the officer in charge a friendly phonecall to find out the status of your application, and to ensure that he has everything he needs. Can't hurt.

Oh count me in as a contestant for the waiting game!

85 days so far. :? When I submitted the application I was told about 60 days. I waited the 60 days somewhat patiently... and since then have called about 5 times. Now they're telling me the wait is typically 3 months. [shock] [evil]

Curiously, I also saw a recent article in the paper about how our city Clerk's office is grossly understaffed and underequipped and everything is backed up. No kiddin!? [roll]

mdh said:
Oh count me in as a contestant for the waiting game!

85 days so far. :? When I submitted the application I was told about 60 days. I waited the 60 days somewhat patiently... and since then have called about 5 times. Now they're telling me the wait is typically 3 months. [shock] [evil]

Curiously, I also saw a recent article in the paper about how our city Clerk's office is grossly understaffed and underequipped and everything is backed up. No kiddin!? [roll]

City Clerk NEVER touches any part of your application!!

It's all handled by the PD . . . and many PDs treat it as "lowest priority"!

Whoops! Sorry! Didn't mean to infer that they were blaming the city clerk... after reading what I posted it might...

I was just mentally drawing a parallel that the PD clerk's office was on par with the city in the technology dept... They're both buried in file cabinets and seriously lacking in computers or any semblance of modernization.... and it SHOWS!

I recieved my LTC class A in about 2 months

I recieved my LTC class A in about 2 months (late November 2005). The called me on a Saturday to pick it up. The police were very friendly...did not contact my references.

Glad to hear about another potential gun owner in Needham. The three of us should get together sometime...

Looks like I might get kicked out of the waiting game soon (hopefully).

It's been 90 days, so I figured I'd take a ride to the PD instead of calling for the 10th time. Lesson learned... calling is a waste of time just like everyone says. Every time I'd call they would "check the mail" and tell me "nope, not in yet". Turns out they were waiting when they should've been SENDING. All my checks had returned and my app was approved sitting in a folder buried on someone's desk (the to-do-whenever pile apparently). Took them 15 minutes to finally find it. They stamped it and said they were sending the info to the state to print out the license "right now", and it should be here Thursday/Friday.

Yeah... we'll see!

thefreepster said:
Well, I got it today. Total wait was 67 days. It has a target shooting restriction, even though I asked for ALP. I guess thats probably because I'm young (21) because everyone else seems to get ALP in Needham. Does this mean I can not go hunting with non-large capacity weapons (like a shotgun)?

Does the license say "Target" only?? And yes, it's probably because youre 21 if others have gotten ALP.

thefreepster said:
The license says "Restrictions: target shooting"

They included a letter saying this means that i can transport unloaded/cased high-capacity weapons to and from shooting ranges only.

What I want to know is: does this mean I can't hunt with a low capacity weapon? I could back when I just had a FID.

You might need to call them and ask. Unless of course Scrivener, Darius or Jesse want to answer this one.... gentlemen?? (where IS Darius???)

thefreepster said:
Well, I got it today. Total wait was 67 days. It has a target shooting restriction, even though I asked for ALP. I guess thats probably because I'm young (21) because everyone else seems to get ALP in Needham. Does this mean I can not go hunting with non-large capacity weapons (like a shotgun)?

I think that is the reason exactly. Your next go around will get you that
ALP when they have some history on you. Needham is a pretty good town
for licensing even though two of the biggest legislative s***heads around
came/come from there - Jacques and Harkins.

The cops are pretty good guys. The current chief, and the previous one, are/were top shelf in my estimation.

TBP

thefreepster said:

Aren't deer, birds and other animals [assuming, of course, that you have a hunting license with any necessary stamps, and that they're in season] all targets? I always think of them that way when I see them.

Ken

LTC In Needham

I went in to apply for a class A 3 weeks ago and was told it takes about 6 weeks. The Sgt. was a nice guy who didn't seem like he wanted to hassle me. He said Needham doesn't issue licenses with restrictions which I thought was good; but if it takes forever to have a license issued that's not so good. Your original post is dated early February. Did you finally get the license?

LTC In Needham

Sorry. Didn't read the whole thread. 67 days. I was hoping for the 6 weeks cuz that would be my birthday.

I'm nearing old farthood and had a license for years before I let it lapse so maybe I have a little bit of a leg up on a 21 year old. I'd take a restriced license if I could be 21 again.

Back
Top Bottom