• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lunatic condemns store for selling small toy models of guns, thinks it's a safety concern

It’s actually reasonably priced and kind of cool toy.
Personally, I just buy my kid a real gun.

No reasonable person would think this is a gun.. but the world’s full of unreasonable people

This shit started even when I was younger they got upset when I brought my power rangers to show and tell. The tiny plastic toy gun might’ve been a half an inch long.

Fast-forward to fifth grade, I brought in a projectile that I took out of a ship that was suddled and used for test fire.
It was like 100 years old. They called me out of the office. They didn’t make a huge deal about it though.

It is so sad. Toy guns were a part of my childhood growing up in the 60's. And nobody was bringing real guns to school and shooting up the place.

Bob Dylan was right, "The Times They Are A-Changin"
70's for me, and in small town California (red town). We ran around openly with toy guns and later BB guns then 22's.

In first grade I brought to school a very realistic looking diecast Luger cap gun, but it was ~1/3 scale and obviously not real. One of my @sshole friends fired off a cap in the classroom then tossed it back to me. Everybody laughed and of course I was busted, but the teacher only took it for the day and at end of day informed me if she sees it again it's hers. No liberal tears or pants wetting by first graders, so what the hell is wrong with the grown loonies of today?

My theory is that they are all weak minded patsies facilitating the modern day version of feudal Japan sword hunts.

‘Sword Hunts’: Samurais Seize Control

It is so sad. Toy guns were a part of my childhood growing up in the 60's. And nobody was bringing real guns to school and shooting up the place.

Bob Dylan was right, "The Times They Are A-Changin"
Fixt !

You could put your eye out with that!
I think Mattel had a collection series some 60+ years ago. I still have my Luger and Springfield with bayonet Somewhere around here.

70's for me, and in small town California (red town). We ran around openly with toy guns and later BB guns then 22's.

In first grade I brought to school a very realistic looking diecast Luger cap gun, but it was ~1/3 scale and obviously not real. One of my @sshole friends fired off a cap in the classroom then tossed it back to me. Everybody laughed and of course I was busted, but the teacher only took it for the day and at end of day informed me if she sees it again it's hers. No liberal tears or pants wetting by first graders, so what the hell is wrong with the grown loonies of today?

My theory is that they are all weak minded patsies facilitating the modern day version of feudal Japan sword hunts.

‘Sword Hunts’: Samurais Seize Control
I remember walking thru my town in the late 60’s with a rifle over my shoulder (in a cloth case) and nobody blinked. We used to shoot in a 50’ range in the basement of a local church!

A few memories:
  1. Walking down a Connecticut road while visiting a friend, both of us carrying our BB guns. We were just around 10 years old at the time, so +/- 1968. Nobody looked twice.
  2. A week at summer camp a year or two later, so 1970ish, shooting a single shot .22 on the camp's range.
  3. Meeting the guy who would end up being my college roommate for two years at the school's pistol range in the basement of the gym at WPI in Worcester in the fall of 1975 when we were both freshmen. Stroll on to the gym, drop a few bucks, they'd hand you a pistol, a wood block with ammo, and a target.
All of those things now strike me as unobtanium. This is the problem with tolerating the Karens. They run right off the rails once they have a big enough head of steam and it's a bitch trying to stop them.

A few memories:
  1. Walking down a Connecticut road while visiting a friend, both of us carrying our BB guns. We were just around 10 years old at the time, so +/- 1968. Nobody looked twice.
  2. A week at summer camp a year or two later, so 1970ish, shooting a single shot .22 on the camp's range.
  3. Meeting the guy who would end up being my college roommate for two years at the school's pistol range in the basement of the gym at WPI in Worcester in the fall of 1975 when we were both freshmen. Stroll on to the gym, drop a few bucks, they'd hand you a pistol, a wood block with ammo, and a target.
All of those things now strike me as unobtanium. This is the problem with tolerating the Karens. They run right off the rails once they have a big enough head of steam and it's a bitch trying to stop them.
Way before my time, but I was told there was a target shooting league that rotated between the Norton, WPI, Morgan, and other company or university on-site ranges.

A week at summer camp a year or two later, so 1970ish, shooting a single shot .22 on the camp's range.
You mention CT. If that camp was in Granby, when I was a kid I shot at that same range.

Single shot 22's and they gave you a block of wood with 5 holes drilled in it to hold your allotted 5 rounds.

Way before my time, but I was told there was a target shooting league that rotated between the Norton, WPI, Morgan, and other company or university on-site ranges.
I went to Wentworth (didn't have the grades to get into WPI). There was an indoor range there back in the 70's. I am sure it is long gone by now.

You mention CT. If that camp was in Granby, when I was a kid I shot at that same range.

Single shot 22's and they gave you a block of wood with 5 holes drilled in it to hold your allotted 5 rounds.
I was visiting the friend at his house in CT. I lived down the Cape and the camp was in Brewster. Same deal with the block of wood drilled for .22s, both there and at WPI (but you got more than 5 at WPI).

I'm kinda partial to my half scale, semi-fully functional models:

full

full

full

full

Frank
@pinefd [thumbsup] I need one of those single actions to fit between the Ruger Bearcat and the NAA minis. Link?

A few memories:
'To be fair, not everything was rose petals and BJ's. During the same era, you could smoke out back behind the HS during your designated breaks and in collitch? Well, you could smoke IN the classrooms during class.

Related - ever smell a 60's or 70's vintage car driving down the road. Imagine it's July. You're stuck in the SS tunnel on a 90 degree afternoon in bumper to bumper traffic with all 4 windows rolled - ROLLED (wtf is a power window?) down.

Oh, and they hadn't invented the Glock yet. So. . . .

'To be fair, not everything was rose petals and BJ's. During the same era, you could smoke out back behind the HS during your designated breaks and in collitch? Well, you could smoke IN the classrooms during class.
"The Smoking Pit", a small circular area in the parking lot where smoking was allowed behind my high school. Didn't know anyone in college who smoked, however.

Related - ever smell a 60's or 70's vintage car driving down the road. Imagine it's July. You're stuck in the SS tunnel on a 90 degree afternoon in bumper to bumper traffic with all 4 windows rolled - ROLLED (wtf is a power window?) down.
To be fair, the fact that I had the windows on my 1970 Mach 1 rolled down when I did an endo on the Mass Pike one August afternoon is the only reason that the truck driver who got me out was able to pull the passenger door open. Had the window been up, the door would have been jammed into the mud.

Oh, and they hadn't invented the Glock yet. So. . . .
Well, there you go. Another solid plus for the good old days !

Back
Top Bottom