M&P pre-ban hi caps?

Just got a M&P9 full size, and looking to see if Hi-Caps (pre-ban) even exsist. i know you can get them in other states, but wasnt sure if they made then before 98

The M&P was a brand new gun, released ~2004-5.

To say that it would be a stretch to claim "pre-ban" would be a gross understatement.

Only solutions are become a LEO or move to Free America (well, at least until 1/19/2009)! [thinking]

I've always wondered what would happen if you found a genuine Pre-Ban hi cap mag that may be for a different handgun, but works in your M&P as well. Is that a legal combination or is there rules in place to stop that as well.

I'm thinking there would be if you had to adapt it to fit, but what if it just worked?

I've always wondered what would happen if you found a genuine Pre-Ban hi cap mag that may be for a different handgun, but works in your M&P as well. Is that a legal combination or is there rules in place to stop that as well.

I'm thinking there would be if you had to adapt it to fit, but what if it just worked?

As long as the magazine itself complies with the law, what it works in is of no importance.

ahh for some reason i thought they were out before then. i have read that Sig P226 mags will work in the M&P. i tried my friends just to see if it fit the other day and it did. maybe ill will see how well it feeds when we shoot this weekend

ahh for some reason i thought they were out before then. i have read that Sig P226 mags will work in the M&P. i tried my friends just to see if it fit the other day and it did. maybe ill will see how well it feeds when we shoot this weekend

Huh. Wonder if that extends to the P229 mags.

I wonder why S&W decided to use a new magazine design instead of going with an existing one? Probably so they could sell lots of new magazines.

please do tell us after you shoot. [laugh]

there are a lot of neutred M&P owners on the this forum.

i'm surprised no one else caught on or stumbled on this until now.

-off troll M&P Pistols I go[laugh]

Hell, yeah, that's the whole reason I won't buy newly designed double stack guns in MA. I might want to check out an M&P if I can get full capacity mags in it.

I hear Beretta 92 mags work or can be modified to fit in the Walther P99? Is this so? I would love to get some pre-ban 20 rounders for it. Reliability is key, though, of course. The P99AS is my SHTF handgun as I have some pre-ban 16 rounders for it and it has NEVER jammed no matter what.

Well, P229 9mm mags don't hold the slide back in an M&P, nor do they stay seated. P226 mags might be long enough to catch the mag release. The angle seems to be fine, however.

226 and 92FS mags have identical bodies. The cut-out for the mag catch is in a different location and the follower is also slightly different. An enterprising enthusiast with patience and a few simple tools could likely adapt one to fit another.

Chris

226 and 92FS mags have identical bodies. The cut-out for the mag catch is in a different location and the follower is also slightly different. An enterprising enthusiast with patience and a few simple tools could likely adapt one to fit another.

Chris

Yes, but as I recall the BATFE ruling on modifying mags was that it was a no-no.

Back
Top Bottom