• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Garand Megathread

Mine was received 3/12 (sent fedex)
DBU email 6/21

nothing since 🥲. CMP account login just says ship ASAP but no credit card hit or anything else. Hopefully I’ll get them before the end of the month

Sent Snail mail 3/31
Received 4/5 per CMP order confirmation.
7/16 DBU.
Mine was received 3/12 (sent fedex)
DBU email 6/21

nothing since 🥲. CMP account login just says ship ASAP but no credit card hit or anything else. Hopefully I’ll get them before the end of the month
Around april cmp changed the time line a little.
When i ordered in feb it was 8-12 weeks before gou get the DBU then 4-6 weeks to ship
I got my SG, SA 16 weeks and a few days from my USPS delivery tracking confirmtion.

Around april cmp changed the time line a little.
When i ordered in feb it was 8-12 weeks before gou get the DBU then 4-6 weeks to ship
I got my SG, SA 16 weeks and a few days from my USPS delivery tracking confirmtion.

did you add a post it note with a request? I know you don’t necessarily get what you request, but I did add a post it. If I get what I asked for I’ll take it whenever they want to send them. Lol

did you add a post it note with a request? I know you don’t necessarily get what you request, but I did add a post it. If I get what I asked for I’ll take it whenever they want to send them. Lol
They are usually pretty good at fulfilling 'stickies'. Not 100%, but if your choice is one of the available rifles on the rack- that's what they will grab.

There's a possibility that CMP personnel such as the armorers will be tied up during Camp Perry Nationals. That could slow down the next rifle shipments until at least 2nd week of August, or it could even put shipments on hold.

The other negative to the Perry Nationals & filling mail orders is that they shipped a bunch of M1's that are available only to competitors. Pro's and con's for that, but I wasn't particularly happy that the supposedly sold out IHC's that are taking forever to get DBU's etc. are apparently showing up at the CMP Camp Perry North Store. CMP is what it is- the people are wonderful but probably a bit overwhelmed with orders this year.

If they have more and restock by the time I arrive at Perry, there are some fully functional chrome plated M1's and 1903A3's. So far many have great bores. Must have been some sort of parade rifle? Would be cool to grab one of those. I'm no purist collector and would enjoy having one. Priced lower too. Also saw that a guy just grabbed an IHC FG with correct sight and correct if not original LMR barrel. Bit of a shame they put the cool stuff out before the actual JC Garand match begins. Hope they restock...

Yes I posted late production HRA with new wood, I got a SA 1942 with well worn GI wood, I did get a 1955 HRA barrel so they held up to the stickie a little

They are usually pretty good at fulfilling 'stickies'. Not 100%, but if your choice is one of the available rifles on the rack- that's what they will grab.

There's a possibility that CMP personnel such as the armorers will be tied up during Camp Perry Nationals. That could slow down the next rifle shipments until at least 2nd week of August, or it could even put shipments on hold.

The other negative to the Perry Nationals & filling mail orders is that they shipped a bunch of M1's that are available only to competitors. Pro's and con's for that, but I wasn't particularly happy that the supposedly sold out IHC's that are taking forever to get DBU's etc. are apparently showing up at the CMP Camp Perry North Store. CMP is what it is- the people are wonderful but probably a bit overwhelmed with orders this year.

If they have more and restock by the time I arrive at Perry, there are some fully functional chrome plated M1's and 1903A3's. So far many have great bores. Must have been some sort of parade rifle? Would be cool to grab one of those. I'm no purist collector and would enjoy having one. Priced lower too. Also saw that a guy just grabbed an IHC FG with correct sight and correct if not original LMR barrel. Bit of a shame they put the cool stuff out before the actual JC Garand match begins. Hope they restock...
I know 2 older guys that have volenteered at cmp and have done the maintenance/armorers course.
They both said the same thing.
When the office comes across your order they can only tell manufacture and serial number range.
Everyone seems to believe your order goes out to the warehouse and some goes and picks your rifle.
The rifles are sorted/boxes and then put into the system for order forfillment.
So the office workers run your order/back ground check then asign the next available serial number to your order,
Charge your CC and then shipping makes sure your label goes on the right box

I know 2 older guys that have volenteered at cmp and have done the maintenance/armorers course.
They both said the same thing.
When the office comes across your order they can only tell manufacture and serial number range.
Everyone seems to believe your order goes out to the warehouse and some goes and picks your rifle.
The rifles are sorted/boxes and then put into the system for order forfillment.
So the office workers run your order/back ground check then asign the next available serial number to your order,
Charge your CC and then shipping makes sure your label goes on the right box
So other than make and serial number range, anything else like 'GI wood, please' is simply random?

Just got this email yesterday, so there's hope!

Good afternoon Mr. Thomas S....,

CMP has received and verified your recent mail in order. This email is to confirm we have received paperwork not that the order has been processed. You will receive other emails as your order progresses. We greatly appreciate your patience as the processing time has been longer than usual.

Your customer # is 28xxxx. The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of your order.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Stephanie Wilson

CMP Customer Service

[email protected]

256-835-8455 Ext 462

Just got this email yesterday, so there's hope!

Good afternoon Mr. Thomas S....,

CMP has received and verified your recent mail in order. This email is to confirm we have received paperwork not that the order has been processed. You will receive other emails as your order progresses. We greatly appreciate your patience as the processing time has been longer than usual.

Your customer # is 28xxxx. The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of your order.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Stephanie Wilson

CMP Customer Service

[email protected]

256-835-8455 Ext 462
What did you order, and when was the order received? My 4/8 order for an IHC Service Grade has yet to produce that email, known as a 'DBU'.

Field cheaper than service.

Thursday will be 16 weeks with no notification for me, but it is a IHC Service Grade and those were cut off around the time I ordered.
Right around the time you ordered cmp put the 12-16 week time frame just for DBUs
Then its the 6-8 week wait fro delivery.
My friend USPS delivery confirm was 4/8? He recieved one email in june.. His club affiliation ran out 3/31
He was kindly asked to send in info and hurry up and wait
Love to see the pictures if the piles of orders.

I sent my order for two service HMR or SA Garlands, March 15th via FedEx. They received it a few days later. Got my DBU email June 2. Nothing since until today. Received an email at 1pm today saying my rifles will be delivered via FedEx by noon tomorrow

hope these dates and timelines help people get an idea of when theirs will arrive.

Just checked CMP to see what is being sent. my post it note asked for a WW2 SA and a late HMR. Serial numbers on CMP show I look to be getting a July 1942 SA and a 1956 HMR. We’ll see tomorrow

Last edited:
I didn’t realize you could put requests in as to what you get…has anyone emailed or sent something after all the paperwork to put in a request? Hoping to get something ww ii era since one is going to be for my son (he’s a huge wwii history buff at the age of 13…)

The wait is tough. I was good until the 8-12 weeks was passed. Week 15 tomorrow [angry]
My order was received 11/16/20. Got my first rifle, service grade, beginning of March. A tough wait. But I had ordered two....

The 2nd was supposed to be a Winchester Field Grade. I wanted something guaranteed to be WWII vintage (My service grade ended up being a SA '54). Eventually, mid-June, nice email from the CMP. "Our armorers are still working on the backorder of rifles. We have a very limited quantity of WRA Service grade rifles available"(website says those sold out in 2018)"1, so we wanted to reach out and see if you would be interested in changing your order to a Winchester Service grade for an additional $100 charge to receive it faster."

$100? Is the Pope Catholic? Received the Winchester Service Grade a few days later. S/N 151,XXX, early '42. Very happy!

The SA had 1 or 1+ numbers, the WRA was 2 or 2+, can't remember offhand.

My order was received 11/16/20. Got my first rifle, service grade, beginning of March. A tough wait. But I had ordered two....

The 2nd was supposed to be a Winchester Field Grade. I wanted something guaranteed to be WWII vintage (My service grade ended up being a SA '54). Eventually, mid-June, nice email from the CMP. "Our armorers are still working on the backorder of rifles. We have a very limited quantity of WRA Service grade rifles available"(website says those sold out in 2018)"1, so we wanted to reach out and see if you would be interested in changing your order to a Winchester Service grade for an additional $100 charge to receive it faster."

$100? Is the Pope Catholic? Received the Winchester Service Grade a few days later. S/N 151,XXX, early '42. Very happy!

The SA had 1 or 1+ numbers, the WRA was 2 or 2+, can't remember offhand.

best $100 you’ve ever spent. I would have paid that as quickly as you did too.

I didn’t realize you could put requests in as to what you get…has anyone emailed or sent something after all the paperwork to put in a request? Hoping to get something ww ii era since one is going to be for my son (he’s a huge wwii history buff at the age of 13…)

people put post it notes with requests if possible. No one knows if they really work or not. I know they’re not spending much time looking for one that matches your request but I’m inclined to believe they have some effect. At a minimum it cannot hurt. Remember, the serial n7mber is the receiver and these guns may have been through a few armories. Ethernet they were built, they may have had components from different manufacturers etc. matching serial numbers, etc was a priority

Tou can put a sticky note on your order for basic stuff like SA vs HRA , serial number range
As they process your order they asign a serial number to your order. The folk doing your paper work if they know the serial number ranges and such can try to get you what you want.
My sticky was for late production HRA
I got a 1942 SA with a 1955 HRA barrel
Im the past I have received what I put on sticky

These updates are helpful. My order for a RM1Service (no stickie) was received by them on 5/7 according to USPS. This is the day after they posted the 'Sold Out' notice on the website. Looks like I have a bit of a wait for the DBU still (if it comes). I'll be happy if it gets filled at this point - with whatever. The CMP website has new language since I last visited, ' We hope to open up rifle types again once we have replenished our inventory and processed the backorders'. Ugh

Go to the store, tell them what you're looking for. If they have it they will help you out. This waiting around thing would drive me crazy.

Go to the store, tell them what you're looking for. If they have it they will help you out. This waiting around thing would drive me crazy.
LOL are you familiar with the CMP store situation lately? North store is closed except to Perry Nationals competitors. South store is closed until further notice. Talladega Marksmanship Park gets rifle restocks on random days. From New England, if you don't mind driving 15-1/2 hours you can overnight in Chattanooga then drive another 2-1/2 hours to Talladega just to learn they are out of stock.

The waiting game definitely sucks but otherwise you have to just get lucky at Talladega or compete at Perry and get lucky. I was fortunate enough to be driving by Talladega twice in May and picked up a nice Remington 1903A3 with only 1+ muzzle wear on the way down. No M1's in stock except C's, D's, and IHC gap letters. Cheapest M1 was ~$2200. On the way back, no stock at all. I'll be competing at Perry and hope to find something but who knows what will be on the rack.

Back
Top Bottom