M1A vs. AR10

AR platform 308s are typically more accurate than an M1A. This is from a complete M1A fan. Unless you throw a boatload of money at an M1A it will not outperform a 308 platform AR. The loaded is a beautiful rifle but the price tag shows it . That said, I would look at field reports on the M&P before deciding on it. If you want accuracy expect to free float the hand guards and drop in a better trigger at the minimum.

If you are near Harvard Sportsmens I could host you with a M1A that has had that metric butt ton of money thrown at it. Average (if that) glass on it but still a great shooter. No M&P15 so maybe someone else can chime in on them.

FYI. M1A that has has a mid weight barrel, Brookfield Precision scope mount, gas piston, spring guide and stock liner. Stock Bedded, unitized gas system, flash hider bored, trigger work with all GI components. Shoots great with 308 federal gold medal match 168 grain. Basically mine is an M25 copy built by one of the guys who helped develop that system.

BPT rifles were never glass bedded. That's why the stock liner was bedded into the McMillan stocks. Match grade accuracy with the capability to take apart in the field (if needed) without loss of zero.

Back
Top Bottom