M2HB or 1919 Build event?

Added M2HB to title because I am getting a parts set and just plain want to do it! Anyone?

For those of you who have not seen it: www.1919a4.com is an awesome site. Any builders on this board? I am likely buying a kit/rsp/trigger, and wanted to know if once they are machined, would someone have a place/tools to rivet and park? A complete parts kit with semi trigger and machining completed is $499, while the RSP is ~$125-150 and rivets ~$20-25 - total cost is <$700 for the completed gun.
Anyone?

Last edited:
C-Pher, you do know what a 1919A4 [mg] is, don't you? They're nice guns, but not what you're probably looking for. Of course, maybe the Cowboy shoots should let folks use an 1895 Colt "Potato Digger". [mg]

I built one. It was the first and only gun that I have ever built. I have a bucking bar for riviting, I also have the tool for the rivits but it got kind of beat up in use. I used the tutoral on 1919a4.com to learn how to build the gun. The amazing thing was that the gun worked and didn't blow up when I fired it for the first time. I have not parked the gun yet. I was thinking of painting it red, white and blue, just for something diffrent. It's a fun gun to shoot.

The only that really turns me off on them is the cost of a real tripod and "homebuilt" pods that look like the local steel workers union built it.

There are other tripods that will work for the gun that are alot cheaper than the real one. I have a MG42 AA tripod and a MG42 ground mount tripod. They where much cheaper than the real one and you don't have to lay on the ground with them. The ones that are made for the gun are good for the authentic look, but there are others that are more comfortable to shoot and cheaper.

Nickle said:
C-Pher, you do know what a 1919A4 [mg] is, don't you? They're nice guns, but not what you're probably looking for. Of course, maybe the Cowboy shoots should let folks use an 1895 Colt "Potato Digger". [mg]

Too funny. They did an episode on this on Mail Call. It's pretty sweet. He even shot up a sack of potatoes with one. Mr Ermey is a nut...but he's fun to watch.

I am looking to build one, I already have 2 semi auto's from ORF that run beautifully, but it's just not the same. An MG42AA tripod is the way to go, you can either make an adaptor with a welder and $10 of steel plate, or buy one for $125 that has ammo can holders built in - I have one of each. The MG42aa tp is much more flexible in operation than the m2 tripod.
A total build cost of <$700 is another reason to build...

I have built a couple, I have most of the tools to do the assembly, and stamps to do serial #, I stamp SEMI AUTO and the date on the iside of the plate before assembly. To the untrained eye they look like a machine gun and this may get you out of a tough situation someday other than that they go together pretty quick. Most of the time is spent on the refinishing and cleaning up the rivets, If anyone wants to borrow the tools or needs a hand let me know I would be glad to help,

Yes I bead blasted and parked myself, and I smoothed the welds with a dremel as well. If i recall the welding is no longer required on a semi build, Check on 1919a4.com they had a letter posted from ATF stating this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom