M40 So sexy, I want one

NES Member
Damn good rifle.

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/m40.htm

U.S.M.C. Vietnam Era Model 700 M40
In recognition of past military service, Remington has resurrected its Model 700 M40 Rifle to commemorate the U.S.M.C. Scout/Snipers who served in Vietnam. This Limited Edition rifle has been replicated as closely as possible to the original rifles built by Remington under contract for the United States Marine Corps in 1966.

m40.jpg

Endorsed and authenticated by the United States Marine Corps Scout/Sniper Association, and distributed exclusively by Davidson's GalleryofGuns.com, this Special Edition Remington is sure to be one of the more popular tributes to America's military history.

Features
• Oil-finished American walnut stock
• Parkerized receiver, drilled and tapped • 24" barrel with flat crown
• 43 5/8" Overall Length

Model 700 M40 USMC Vietnam Era Rifle
Caliber .308
Weight (lbs.) 7 1/2
Barrel Length 24"
Twist Rate 12"
Magazine Capacity 4+1
Order No. 5714
MSRP $1469.99

I wish I could remember where I saw the kill ratio on it. I once saw a M40 VS M16 effectiveness comparison. I think the M40 was something like 1 out of every 10 rounds shot was a kill in Vietnam. The M16 was way higher, but then again it's a night and day difference between the two. I'm sure someone here has the info.

My friend just picked one up at KTP for $1380. The hard part is findfing an original Redfield Accurange scope. They are asking a fourture for the originals, if you can even find one. The barreled action is very similar to their 700p except for the clip slot. As a left handed shooter, the stock doesn't fit me that well.

My friend bought it more for the reproduction of the M40. Guess it is the former Marine in him.

Back
Top Bottom