MA Assault Weapons Ban "AWB" FAQ

I guess it was registered when I bought it from the gun shop. You know, when the state excepted my sales tax money...LOL

If it was purchased in Mass yes it was registered. go sell it. If it’s not registered, say it was purchased in NH and you never registered it, shouldn’t be hard to sell it without efa10. Not that I would of course, but you know, somebody would buy it.

The Maura Healy answer is you as the manufacturer are violating her guidance and are risking prosecution when you register it unless you can prove it was manufactured prior to 7/20.

The prosecution are always first up to make their case against the defendant. It's up to them to prove you have an illegal firearm. They have to prove their case or there is no case.

Did this MA AWB "enforcement notice" get yet another rehash?

"If a weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is a Copy or Duplicate under one or both of the applicable tests, it remains a prohibited Assault weapon even if it is altered by the seller. Therefore, a Copy or Duplicate will be treated as an Assault weapon even if it is altered, for example, by pinning the folding or telescoping stock in a fixed position, by removing the pistol grip, by removing a bayonet mount or flash suppressor, or by preventing the weapon from accepting a detachable magazine.

Purely cosmetic similarities to an Enumerated Weapon, such as finish, appearance, or shape of the stock, or appearance or shape of the rail, will not be treated as relevant to a determination of whether a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate."

Appearance or shape of the rail? Who's writing this crap?

Did this MA AWB "enforcement notice" get yet another rehash?

"If a weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is a Copy or Duplicate under one or both of the applicable tests, it remains a prohibited Assault weapon even if it is altered by the seller. Therefore, a Copy or Duplicate will be treated as an Assault weapon even if it is altered, for example, by pinning the folding or telescoping stock in a fixed position, by removing the pistol grip, by removing a bayonet mount or flash suppressor, or by preventing the weapon from accepting a detachable magazine.

Purely cosmetic similarities to an Enumerated Weapon, such as finish, appearance, or shape of the stock, or appearance or shape of the rail, will not be treated as relevant to a determination of whether a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate."

Appearance or shape of the rail? Who's writing this crap?
Citation please? Was this a newly released press conference or memo? I haven't been watching TV lately to learn what the latest new "laws" are?

Am I misunderstanding this or are AR lowers with a pinned mag gone too?

Leave’s one to determine if the pinned mag AR’s versus any other AR with evil features are any different in the eyes of the law. Would you feel comfortable with one or the other on the range? In my estimations it seems pointless to own one over the other. That’s my grumbling......

Leave’s one to determine if the pinned mag AR’s versus any other AR with evil features are any different in the eyes of the law. Would you feel comfortable with one or the other on the range? In my estimations it seems pointless to own one over the other. That’s my grumbling......
The LAW doesn't require pinned mags to be legal. The AG rants are NOT LAW!!!!!!

Even if you follow the AGs BS, a rifle manufactured with a fixed 10 round mag, is NOT and AW.

The LAW doesn't require pinned mags to be legal. The AG rants are NOT LAW!!!!!!

I know and you know but say a leo or other authority doesn’t know. How will that play out? Yes, you may not ever be prosecuted but will it cause some trouble and time lost to have to surrender the pinned mag build for a brief period? And then what else could happen next in this state? I’m playing devils advocate here.

Even if you follow the AGs BS, a rifle manufactured with a fixed 10 round mag, is NOT and AW.

I firmly agree BUT who would want to be the test case on this? I would say it would be time and trouble for that individual.

I know and you know but say a leo or other authority doesn’t know. How will that play out? Yes, you may not ever be prosecuted but will it cause some trouble and time lost to have to surrender the pinned mag build for a brief period? And then what else could happen next in this state? I’m playing devils advocate here.
OK, what makes you think that almost any LEO can tell when an AR/AK was made from merely looking at it from a distance?

If you are that paranoid, hide all your guns and never bring any to a range . . . after all they may think you stole them too.

For me, my AR and AK go to the range to teach and if I'm planning on shooting rifle. Nobody has ever questioned vintage or asked to look at it unless they only wanted to shoot it. And BR&P literally has hundreds of LEO members, people shoot their ARs all the time there and nobody has hassled anyone for proof of mfg date. I have fairly close ties to the LE community and local police have no interest in Maura's pronouncements.

But feel free to hide if you don't believe this.

Well, If you WERE prosecuted, it would suck for you and MOOORA. You would lose a lot of time and money, she would get exposed for the sham she is.
DO IT!

Stupid Question...

IF there is an AK that was originally manufactured before 1994, but the RECEIVER is way newer, is it the RECEIVER that makes it evil?

Stupid Question...

IF there is an AK that was originally manufactured before 1994, but the RECEIVER is way newer, is it the RECEIVER that makes it evil?

Yes. A rifle assembled with old parts and a new receiver is, legally speaking, a new rifle.

Isn't any lower good to go since all dealers stopped selling them after Healey's ban?

No, because you're still not supposed to own them, so if you register one you're sort of admitting ownership. So . . .

Just remember, the last thing she wants to do is prosecute someone over this and shine light on her wrongdoings.

So what do you do with a lower purchased from an ffl in MA before the ban?

if you bought it from Four Seasons, its already registered. Not sure if other dealers did that too but they did as routine with a 0" barrel length lol

Back
Top Bottom