MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

Is this still a thing?

Probably a funding problem more than anything. They don't care if this shit is actually legitimate. It's all for show.

Litigating to defend garbage costs resources and budgets. I don’t dare assume that they’re being practical about it though. Not at the expense of their ideology.

Another bite from the news:

Take the criminals off the streets and put them in jail, do not just put them back on the streets like they do in Springfield. Every time I read about one of these cretins getting arrested they were out on bail for one or two previous gun charges they are already out on bail for. So called assault weapons are not the problem and are not that common, however Glock switch guns are turning up more and more in Springfield and in the hands of kids under 16 and these even when caught with a Glock switch gun they are back on the street. I also wager Rep. Gonzales is one of the first to scream racial profiling when these arests happen.

Litigating to defend garbage costs resources and budgets. I don’t dare assume that they’re being practical about it though. Not at the expense of their ideology.

They'll never litigate, because they'll never enforce unless it's rolled into lower-hanging charges. They'll just talk big, rattle their sabers, and secure compliance from those who haven't yet understood that noncompliance with an unconstitutional law is a duty.

That'll be all they want.

Take the criminals off the streets and put them in jail, do not just put them back on the streets like they do in Springfield. Every time I read about one of these cretins getting arrested they were out on bail for one or two previous gun charges they are already out on bail for. So called assault weapons are not the problem and are not that common, however Glock switch guns are turning up more and more in Springfield and in the hands of kids under 16 and these even when caught with a Glock switch gun they are back on the street. I also wager Rep. Gonzales is one of the first to scream racial profiling when these arests happen.
He’s after the law abiding White gun owner.

Those are the people that kill criminals.

It’s the criminals who he’s trying to protect.

He can hope all he wants. Let’s see if it actually happens. Sounds like it may not happen this session but they haven’t given up on it.
If they overreach and get smacked down by SCOTUS it will set a new precedent.

They don’t want that.

They are better off waiting till next year after the dust settles from the current cases.

I’d love to see some unconstitutional crap go into law just to be rejected by the court.

That would be a big win for us.

He’s after the law abiding White gun owner.

Those are the people that kill criminals.

It’s the criminals who he’s trying to protect.
I think the discrepancy between Day’s quote saying gun reform isn’t moving and Gonzalez’s quote stating they are close and hope to pass it by the end of the session says it all. They’re at a stalemate and can’t agree on much of anything.

Last edited:
Carlos is a f***ing moron. I’d love to hear him explain how the anything in the latest bill would have prevented that shooting
The State House and Senate are looking to find common ground to combine gun reform bills that address both gun violence and possibly repeat offenders.

I’ll give them a hint if they were in jail they wouldn’t be repeat offenders and I would they? But God forbid you know enforce the law not make new ones. That still won’t be enforced?

I think the discrepancy between Day’s quote saying gun reform isn’t moving and Gonzalez’s quote stating they are close and hope to pass it by the end of the session says it all. They’re at a stalemate and can’t agree on much of anything.

Fingers crossed. 🤞 I hope it dies there. Not likely; but one can hope.

If they overreach and get smacked down by SCOTUS it will set a new precedent.

They don’t want that.

They are better off waiting till next year after the dust settles from the current cases.

I’d love to see some unconstitutional crap go into law just to be rejected by the court.

That would be a big win for us.
This is the exact sentiment I've been pushing.

I think they thought they had the Whitehouse in the the bag and would get to replace at least Thomas if not both Thomas and Alito. So in order to show off their shiny new justices and pay the right back for Dobbs and Bruen, they needed a blockbuster case in the system and ripe for SC review. And HD.4420 was born and metastasized into S.2584

This cancerous tumor isn't going away - it may be held up until next session in order to keep gun control and confiscation out of the news during an election but it won't go away until the SCOTUS closes any avenue of attack.

Carlos is a f***ing moron. I’d love to hear him explain how the anything in the latest bill would have prevented that shooting
Funny how the guy who represents the highest violent crime district in the highest violent crime city in all of Massachusetts wants to further restrict our rights to defend ourselves from his high violence constituents. 🤔

Funny how the guy who represents the highest violent crime district in the highest violent crime city in all of Massachusetts wants to further restrict our rights to defend ourselves from his high violence constituents. 🤔
Does the mob want you to be able to defend yourself from their enforcers?
Neither does the "legal" mob.

The case that happened over the winter where the person who shot the pregnant woman...that assailant was out on gun charges. All the laws needed were already on the books, but it doesn't mean anything if they don't get enforced. Same will happen with anything new...criminals going to criminal.

This time it will mean something.....trust us.

So it is OK if you are arrested on a gun charge or shooting if you only get caught once.
What is this the first time free amendment?

So it is OK if you are arrested on a gun charge or shooting if you only get caught once.
What is this the first time free amendment?
They are talking about pre-trial release, as in BEFORE you are convicted. If it's the first time you are not, yet, a criminal, and it would be hard to justify holding them without bail. And since they are talking firearms crimes and not just violent crimes, so a simple possession is included, do you really want them to be able to hold anyone who has been accused, with no past record, without bail?

Consider this.
Guy walks into a post office, forgets that's a no no with a gun. He has no record and has an LTC. But it's still a firearms charge. Do you want them to hold him without bail till trial?

They are talking about pre-trial release, as in BEFORE you are convicted. If it's the first time you are not, yet, a criminal, and it would be hard to justify holding them without bail. And since they are talking firearms crimes and not just violent crimes, so a simple possession is included, do you really want them to be able to hold anyone who has been accused, with no past record, without bail?

Consider this.
Guy walks into a post office, forgets that's a no no with a gun. He has no record and has an LTC. But it's still a firearms charge. Do you want them to hold him without bail till trial?
Or has a medical emergency while his safe is open?

Back
Top Bottom