MA LTC A ALP Buying Ammo in NH and Maine?

Question about this four years later:

So if I can buy ammo or long guns at KTP or Reiley's or anywhere else NH/ME with MA LTC, how do I drive with the stuff back to MA? If I buy at KTP I have to cross NH. I only have MA LTC, not ME or NH.

Question about this four years later:

So if I can buy ammo or long guns at KTP or Reiley's or anywhere else NH/ME with MA LTC, how do I drive with the stuff back to MA? If I buy at KTP I have to cross NH. I only have MA LTC, not ME or NH.

New Hampshire, like most states, does not have a licensure requirement for mere possession or purchase of firearms or ammunition. It's a non-issue.

Last edited:
If you transport to Mass requirements, you typically surpass all surrounding states. Not sure now with ny safe and the ct craptastic laws.

Locked in trunk is obvious, the question is what happens in a slim chance of a traffic stop.

Should have be thought that in your safety course class.

MA does NOT want you buying anything outside MA. So the MA law portion to get an LTC is not going to tell you what you can do outside MA - FOPA, purchases, sales, etc. These are things you either learn on your own, taking additional courses or asking in online forums (and pray that you get legit answers only).

MA does NOT want you buying anything outside MA. So the MA law portion to get an LTC is not going to tell you what you can do outside MA - FOPA, purchases, sales, etc. These are things you either learn on your own, taking additional courses or asking in online forums (and pray that you get legit answers only).

it was covered in my class the part about ammo, long guns and pistol purchases outside of Mass.

it was covered in my class the part about ammo, long guns and pistol purchases outside of Mass.

As an instructor I can add whatever I want as long as I cover the basics that MA demands. I'm just saying that it is not part of the official "must cover" curriculum. And many instructors give out so much bad info on what they should cover that I'd prefer that they not delve into other areas where they may also give out more bad info. Just read all the "my instructor told me <invented law here>" threads here to see what I mean.

As an instructor I can add whatever I want as long as I cover the basics that MA demands. I'm just saying that it is not part of the official "must cover" curriculum. And many instructors give out so much bad info on what they should cover that I'd prefer that they not delve into other areas where they may also give out more bad info. Just read all the "my instructor told me <invented law here>" threads here to see what I mean.

From what I do remember. I do believe it was asked. But I do understand what you are saying when in doubt ask a reliable firearms attorney when possible.

Wait. If there isn't a law saying you can do something it's against the law? Is there a law that says you can put on pants? No? Why isn't everyone in jail yet?

That is the current tone of "logic" that the AG has used wrt machine guns.

I'm still looking for the law that allows us to breathe in MA!

In civilized states, laws only tell you what you can NOT do. In MA we have a mixture and interpretations to suit the political ambitions of our fearful leaders. [puke2]

That is the current tone of "logic" that the AG has used wrt machine guns.

I'm still looking for the law that allows us to breathe in MA!

In civilized states, laws only tell you what you can NOT do. In MA we have a mixture and interpretations to suit the political ambitions of our fearful leaders. [puke2]

MGL Ch 1 Sec 1: EVERYTHING IS ILLEGAL IN MASSACHUSETTS

All the rest of the MGLs: Except these specific things we allow you to do.

Locked in trunk is obvious, the question is what happens in a slim chance of a traffic stop.

The point is in NH you have done nothing illegal by having ammunition in your vehicle. NH has no law regarding having a license of any kind to posses ammunition therefore the LEO would not have any reason to even give a shit that you have ammunition in your vehicle......no matter what state you reside in. If you buy ammo at KTP.......just put it in your trunk and drive home as long as you have your mass LTC or FID for when you get into mass you are all set.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is in NH you have done nothing illegal by having ammunition in your vehicle. NH has no law regarding having a license of any kind to posses ammunition therefore the LEO would not have any reason to even give a shit that you have ammunition in your vehicle......no matter what state you reside in. If you buy ammo at KTP.......just put it in your trunk and drive home as long as you have your mass LTC or FID for when you get into mass you are all set.

He said he's worried about driving through NH......why would it even matter as he is in a free state that does not care if he has ammo? Serious question here.

He does not need to be concerned with NH. Keep the firearm unloaded and in your trunk in NH and you are good to go. No loaded handguns on your person (concealed or not) in NH unless you have a NH P&R (concealed carry permit) as being in the car makes it concealed.

He said he's worried about driving through NH......why would it even matter as he is in a free state that does not care if he has ammo? Serious question here.

He wrote "the question is what happens in a slim chance of a traffic stop"

Thats why I posted the picture. Didn't realize he meant NH

He wrote "the question is what happens in a slim chance of a traffic stop"

Thats why I posted the picture. Didn't realize he meant NH

Roger that. I just don't want the guy that asked the question thinking people are telling him to keep his mouth shut in NH if stopped with ammo......he may think it is a problem when in NH there is absolutely no issue with having ammo in your vehicle......even if you are from Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom