MA Police Officer Test 2011

Well, with all of the forced retirements that are going to happen this and next year, those positions HAVE to be filled. (i.e. RI SP) hiring will HAVE to happen.

yup, the positions have to be filled. A force has never downsized their numbers. ever. </sarcasm>

They have, but check this out. SP in RI who was hired in like 1986 or 85 has to be forced retired this year(fwiu). And the majority of those retirees hold high ranking positions. And those positions are needed and have to be filled. Ergo, new hirees, and people moving up the food chain.

But I'm sure you will see in smaller towns, and cities they will eliminate it, but that's up to the Assesors and or the Union.

Originally Posted by bostonasphalt2
yup, the positions have to be filled. A force has never downsized their numbers. ever. </sarcasm>

tigersplint, guys like this complain about a force never downsizing their numbers AND at police overtime when they don't hire and are forced to spend for coverage. It's a no win situation.

My city is hiring an average of 2 LEOs a year. I am a white male with no military and I got on... if you want the job, take the test... its that simple.

Good thing I finally remembered to call, the nice people down at the civil service have no record of my signing up. Theyre happy enough to take my 100$ though. Guess its happened to a few people the lady said, had to email my payment reciept and wait for a phone call back..

If you havnt heard from them yet either, give them a call, they probably forgot you too.

That was easy.....Boston has some "interesting applicants" to say the least. The practice asvab my recruiter gave me this week was more difficult without a doubt

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That was easy.....Boston has some "interesting applicants" to say the least. The practice asvab my recruiter gave me this week was more difficult without a doubt

Yup, so did Springfield. I realize that it was just an exam, not an interview. No need for a suit or anything like that, but seriously, pajama pants and flip flops? I don't even take the garbage out looking like that.

Yea it was mostly common sense, and then a series of the same question asked five different ways. Finished just under 2 hours, there was a lot of people taking it, got there half hour early and the parking lot was already full.

Last night I went cloths shopping to ensure that I didn’t embarrass myself by looking like a grub. Instead I almost felt embarrassed by actually dressing up. I would say I was one of 15 people that weren’t wearing jeans or shorts. I arrived at Plymouth North around 9:10 and already had 70+ people ahead of me.

Last night I went cloths shopping to ensure that I didn’t embarrass myself by looking like a grub. Instead I almost felt embarrassed by actually dressing up. I would say I was one of 15 people that weren’t wearing jeans or shorts. I arrived at Plymouth North around 9:10 and already had 70+ people ahead of me.

I got there at 8:50AM, learning my lesson from previous years. I was third in line. [wink]
Finished exactly 1 hour 30 minutes. The "hall monitors" said I was the second one done, I was trying to be the first. LOL

Ive got to ask: why would anybody want this job any more? Educational incentives AKA quin bill non existant for new hires, details on thier way out and overtime basically non existant , pensions about to be taken away, all for about 40,000 to start. Custodians in my town make more than this and dont have to work midnights or weekends. YMMV

Because people on NES describe police work the way Lefty Ruggiero described life as a member of La Cosa Nostra:

"...as a wiseguy you can lie, you can cheat, you can steal, you can kill people - legitimately. You can do any g**damn thing you want and nobody can say anything about it. Who wouldn't want to be a wiseguy?"

[wink]

Yeah I was there and was very amazed by how some were dressed. Now I'm very aware nobody is getting hired by how they dressed that day, but c'mon have a little professionalism and pride. I got there around the same time you did what a line.

Yeah I was there and was very amazed by how some were dressed. Now I'm very aware nobody is getting hired by how they dressed that day, but c'mon have a little professionalism and pride. I got there around the same time you did what a line.

I was actually making fun of people who were overdressed and underdressed. Pogues.

I was actually making fun of people who were overdressed and underdressed. Pogues.

I wore a casual attire polo and cargo pants with a nice pair of boots. Agreed but its better be overdressed than under. Don't understand the pouge part though not everyone there was a non-infantryman lol

+1000

MA fundraiser...Deval must need new rims for his caddy
Damn.......I wish I'd known. I'd have seen how I'd did these days. In hindsight you only get your score if you get called, so's not to hurt anyones "feelings"[rofl2]

Last edited:
When I went to the informational meeting at the bpd academy they said they wouldn't come out till Sept-Octoberish

Back
Top Bottom