Maga arms

Did business up at the mill a few months ago and had a good experience. Followed up a few days later inquiring about other models that I could be interested in and again had a pleasant experience with the owner telling me he would let me know when said models were back in stock.

Flash forward to tonight when I sent a simple email asking what models they had in stock and get an email back stating the hours they are open. I replied back that it was a long ride for me to the mill so I was curious of what stock they had. I get a rude email back saying I needed to be more specific because they had one hundred and some odd guns in stock. At this point I’m pissed since I had already purchased from this dealer so I wrote back that I thought I was pretty specific about what brand I was looking for and what lower I was looking for and that they did not seem to care about a repeat customer. I ended my email with a thank you and I got back a “your welcome” email.

Thought he was a good guy but sounds like he is a prick. I will bring my business elsewhere.

Lol sounds like a communication error, and like @CrackPot says I don't think he was trying to be a prick, at least not on purpose.

One thing to keep in mind, especially WRT dealers that actually have stock of anything. They are getting f***ing SLAMMED right
now, as the market is in a rapid state of deterioration/collapse because of the demand. This means that some dealers will forget stuff,
balls will get dropped, and so on. Particularly when it comes to tire kicking, etc. This means a little bit of patience is required on the
part of the buyer. I built like 6 guns in the past 2 months and dealt with probably 4 diff vendors in the process, and in a few cases there were
minor problems (or dropped balls etc) a variation of what happened to you. You know why? Because the market is getting f***ing annihilated. [rofl]

A few months ago it was crazy. Now we are in crazy-squared.

His point is that MAGA is your only feedback on the site, it’s positive, that means he harbors no ill-will towards you. Starting a thread coming at him is kind of a dick move. I understand people are feeling frustrated trying to get the guns and ammo they can, but we should be banding together now, not lashing out at one another over a little misunderstanding or perceived jab during an email exchange.
Of course his feedback was positive. I asked him about a gun. I came with cash in hand and paid him for the gun. That’s how a transaction works

You gotta be sh*ting me bringing English as his second language into this conversation. I asked him a simple question as a customer inquiring about inventory and I got a snarky response. Plain and simple. Don’t try to muddy this by him not speaking English as his first language. That’s a total cop out.

Sherif is not "snarky". Noone has ever associated Sherif with being subtle. Ever. Someone would have to be incredibly insecure to construe him as such. Direct? Yes. Subtle? No. Snarky? 😂

And YES, the language barrier specifically precludes certain traits that you claim were present.

I do wish there was a mill inventory list that got emailed to “good customers” I’ve exclusively bought from mill dealers including the above guys and text one regularly. And sent tons of new guys to them.

But rather than ask if you have xxxxx I’d be thrilled with a list and who has what.

my .02.

I do wish there was a mill inventory list that got emailed to “good customers” I’ve exclusively bought from mill dealers including the above guys and text one regularly. And sent tons of new guys to them.

But rather than ask if you have xxxxx I’d be thrilled with a list and who has what.

my .02.
That can not and will not ever happen. There are an assortment of reasons why, but it just can't. ETA: imagine if it got into the wrong hands, plus inventory literally changes every hour.

I know. Hence it was a wish.

I feel bad asking them for specific things and bothering them knowing they are busy. Plus they might have something I did not know I need 😎
Don't feel bad. On the other hand, I'm sure if it took a few hours for them to respond or they asked for more details, youd understand why!!!

You gotta be sh*ting me bringing English as his second language into this conversation. I asked him a simple question as a customer inquiring about inventory and I got a snarky response. Plain and simple. Don’t try to muddy this by him not speaking English as his first language. That’s a total cop out.
so you speak multiple languages and conduct business in your third language? Sherif’s native tongue and only one he thinks in, therefore he translates from English to it, is purely a literal language. No subtlety. No snarky. Nothing but literal. So yes, his language skills are in play here.

You really are starting to sound like a whiny self important Karen. Lots of people are explaining to you that your interpretation of what happened is way off base and you attack them for it. @ssullivan @TPNES @drgrant @JackO @EddieCoyle and I all know sherif well and what the shop runs like. 1/2 have already spoken in this thread saying you are misinterpreting sherif. But you don’t want to hear it.

You are unlikely to be happy right now with any shop that has inventory and customers. I recommending finding a shop that has three or fewer guns in stock. They will have time to answer all your questions.

Now THIS was snarky and sarcastic. You’re welcome.

Don't feel bad. On the other hand, I'm sure if it took a few hours for them to respond or they asked for more details, youd understand why!!!
I have a dealer I text there pretty frequently, he’s pretty quick to respond.

I’ve met Sherif. I was waiting on another dealer and spent 30+ min taking to him while I waited. Solid guy. Knows a ton. I felt bad I was bothering him. But he was incredibly nice, offered me his time, a place to wait, got to touch his wares and got some insight.

so you speak multiple languages and conduct business in your third language? Sherif’s native tongue and only one he thinks in, therefore he translates from English to it, is purely a literal language. No subtlety. No snarky. Nothing but literal. So yes, his language skills are in play here.

You really are starting to sound like a whiny self important Karen. Lots of people are explaining to you that your interpretation of what happened is way off base and you attack them for it. @ssullivan @TPNES @drgrant @JackO @EddieCoyle and I all know sherif well and what the shop runs like. 1/2 have already spoken in this thread saying you are misinterpreting sherif. But you don’t want to hear it.

You are unlikely to be happy right now with any shop that has inventory and customers. I recommending finding a shop that has three or fewer guns in stock. They will have time to answer all your questions.

I’m glad his buddies speak so highly of him. I had a bad experience and I spoke on it because that’s how business works. I’m a blue collar guy just like 95% of the guys on this forum so who I give what little extra money I have to matters to me. You have your fun calling me a “Karen” but I couldn’t be farther from that being a ff/paramedic for the last 10 years but you keep up your assumptions about me because I had a bad experience with your buddy.

I’m glad his buddies speak so highly of him. I had a bad experience and I spoke on it because that’s how business works. I’m a blue collar guy just like 95% of the guys on this forum so who I give what little extra money I have to matters to me. You have your fun calling me a “Karen” but I couldn’t be farther from that being a ff/paramedic for the last 10 years but you keep up your assumptions about me because I had a bad experience with your buddy.
The guys at the mill are mostly part time gun guys. Not a lot of time to shoot the shit. Play text buddy or what.

I totally expect an attitude and I’m ok with it.

my expectations are low conversation wise. As said I’ve done business with several.

“do you have xxx, price, and if not let me know if you get one”.

if I refer a friend to the mill, I tell them to call or ask and not be a pain in the ass. They are on our side.

Just yesterday I sent my former boss to a dealer there.

Crackpot is the first to point out if Sherif does something wrong. In this case, he didn't.

You set an expectation that is unreasonable in current conditions. When that expectation wasn't meant, instead of complaining to the manager, you posted on NES about not getting something you wanted.

@CrackPot made no assumption. He made an observation. The difference is important.

Crackpot is the first to point out if Sherif does something wrong. In this case, he didn't.

You set an expectation that is unreasonable in current conditions. When that expectation wasn't meant, instead of complaining to the manager, you posted on NES about not getting something you wanted.

@CrackPot made no assumption. He made an observation. The difference is important.
Listen we can go all night about this but I asked him a simple question glock models and AR10 lowers and he said I needed to be more specific and listed how many guns and lowers he had in stock. I responded by saying what glock models and ar10 do you have in stock is pretty specific if you ask me but a repeat customer obviously isn’t high on your list. I’ll take my business elsewhere. Thank you and got a your welcome response. To me that’s cocky response and shows me a guy who thinks he’s got everyone by the balls.

Listen we can go all night about this but I asked him a simple question glock models and AR10 lowers and he said I needed to be more specific and listed how many guns and lowers he had in stock. I responded by saying what glock models and ar10 do you have in stock is pretty specific if you ask me but a repeat customer obviously isn’t high on your list. I’ll take my business elsewhere. Thank you and got a your welcome response. To me that’s cocky response and shows me a guy who thinks he’s got everyone by the balls.
Don’t ask for a list. Ask for a specific item. I can’t even get a list...

See post #36 from @ssullivan

Look, I understand why you would think that - really, I do, and if it were 90% of other people I'd probably agree with you. In this case, I just can't.

I also see why you dont think it's a big deal to ask "what _____ do you have", but some have 30 skus.

Say he has 8 and each of the other dealers have 6. That's 20 models. If you said "do you have a X" then he asks and likely says "I dont, but so and so does and will hold it for you." THAT is a HUGE difference.

You have no idea. In your mind you're a repeat customer, but again, youre not looking at it proportionally. 3 months is likely 1000 customers ago. 18 months ago each customer could have gotten a LOT more attention than they can today.
Now it's one word answers, background checks, repeat. That's it. It's the best they can do at the moment. People don't wait in line for 3 hours for no reason. Just imagine dealing with that kind of pressure 24/7 if all of those people want the same kind of detailed response.

I am positive that your email wasnt even a big enough blip on his radar to warrant being snarky and he gets dozens like it every single day.

Last edited:

See post #36 from @ssullivan[/USERi
[/QUOTE]

See post #36 from @ssullivan
I like glock handguns so I would have been interested in probably anything he had in stock. The make of an AR10 lower is small potatoes in a build when the lower is the hardest part to get. I asked a business owner a specific question and he responded that I wasn’t specific enough. I don’t see how else I could have been more direct. Sorry I don’t want to take a 45 minute ride one way to browse. I come with cash ready to buy. I’m not sitting there chewing their ear off with no intention of buying.

Look, I understand why you would think that - really, I do, and if it were 90% of other people I'd probably agree with you. In this case, I just can't.

If he wanted to tell you to pound sand there wouldnt have been any pleasantries in there - not even sarcastically or mockingly.

I also see why you dont think it's a big deal to ask "what _____ do you have", but some have 30 skus.

Say he has 8 and each of the other dealers have 6. That's 20 models. If you said "do you have a 42" then he asks and likely says "I dont, but so and so does and will hold it for you." THAT is a HUGE difference.

You have no idea. In your mind you're a repeat customer, but again, youre not looking at it proportionally. 3 months is likely 1000 customers ago. 18 months ago each customer could have gotten a LOT more attention than they can today.
Now it's one word answers, background checks, repeat. That's it. It's the best they can do at the moment. People don't wait in line for 3 hours for no reason. Just imagine dealing with that kind of pressure 24/7 if all of those people want the same kind of detailed response.

I am positive that your email wasnt even a big enough blip on his radar to warrant being snarky and he gets dozens like it every single day.
I certainly don’t want to have issues with anyone on the forum because at the end of the day we are all gun owners and advocates. However, he runs a business and being asked questions about inventory is part of the business. He is making money hand over fist. I am on all these sites just like everyone else seeing AR lowers and glocks going for hundreds of dollars lower in other states. Please don’t throw me at me they are stressed because they are buying all this stuff and capitalizing on the market. That’s how a business works, supply and demand. I have absolutely no problem with that either but spare me the stress angle.

Really enjoyed this thread - had me laughing out loud.
I plan on doing some business with JackO very soon, now I want to explore the mill and meet this Sherif that is so highly spoken of.
I’ve bought from JackO. Might have been my very first mill purchase. Solid. Think I bought 2 things from him within a month.

I gotta say, I have been there, twice , and even though there's a line a mile long the guys there take the time to give personal attention, and manage to be cheerful
and helpful with everyone even though they must be toasted.
I think a mutual friend asked me if I knew where to find what you were looking for and I told him the mill. Gave him a contact for there. If so glad you were happy!

I know how you feel. I hate the mill. I go in to buy one firearm and I come out with three.

On a serious note, I dealt with maga and he was always been respectful, in person and in emails. Couple of months ago, I contacted him about a particular piece, he quickly responded that he did not have it in his inventory. He contacted another dealer and had him save it for me.

Like others said, probably just busy and playing catch up. He doesn’t have a reputation of being a dick.

I know your time is limited but you should try to give him another shot.

I like glock handguns so I would have been interested in probably anything he had in stock. The make of an AR10 lower is small potatoes in a build when the lower is the hardest part to get. I asked a business owner a specific question and he responded that I wasn’t specific enough. I don’t see how else I could have been more direct. Sorry I don’t want to take a 45 minute ride one way to browse. I come with cash ready to buy. I’m not sitting there chewing their ear off with no intention of buying.
I get it. I don’t want to drive an hour, wait in line for another and hope. Totally understandable.
It’s just that these trying times, it’s a crap shoot and simple luck to find anything.

a year + ago things were way different.

Im curious what the specific question was. But don’t publish it here for obvious reasons.

and despite all I’ve bought only one dealer prob remembers me. They are swamped. I approach each contact like he has Maura on the line...

You’ve been here 2 months, 1 positive feedback, 25 messages.

There is a lot going on the past year. Stuff Is hard to find, dealers are going through a lot of crap trying to get stuff and get solid customers.

this is kinda normal. It sucks, but play along. Make friends, add content and maybe some of the stuff will become more obvious and people might reach out and be of help. Just a thought.

You’ve been here 2 months, 1 positive feedback, 25 messages.

There is a lot going on the past year. Stuff Is hard to find, dealers are going through a lot of crap trying to get stuff and get solid customers.

this is kinda normal. It sucks, but play along. Make friends, add content and maybe some of the stuff will become more obvious and people might reach out and be of help. Just a thought.
Ahhhh the “you’re too new to complain” post. Figured this was coming eventually. I paid for my membership just like everyone else. I gave a review based on a poor experience and I’m gonna stand by it.

Ahhhh the “you’re too new to complain” post. Figured this was coming eventually. I paid for my membership just like everyone else. I gave a review based on a poor experience and I’m gonna stand by it.
Lol. Welcome to NES. Green or not, you have to take a beating before you are one of us. And even then... 😜

This is a right of passage. And I’ve seen way worse! You got off easy!

Back
Top Bottom