MagPul MOE Hand Guards

ntomsw

Banned
Does anyone here know anything about these things? I am looking for a cheap hand guard for my 2nd build, but I can't find much information online about them. I am trying to find out how they mount, what kind of front site I have to use, etc etc etc.

It will be going on a 16" M4 profile barrel with a carbine gas system. It's a stripped barrel, so there is no sights or anything.

Do I have to get the carbine size hand guard, or can I get the mid length if I wanted to for the extra room? Again, I can't find out much info on how they get mounted, etc etc.

Any help you guys can give I would appreciate it. I am hoping a few of you out there have used these things, or at least know about them.

I thought these went on using the delta ring and hand guard cap

That's it? Do I have to use the carbine hand guard because my barrel has a carbine gas system? May be a dumb question, but I have no idea. I want the mid length so I have more hand room, but I honestly don't know.

Free floats are so much easier to figure out.

Standard delta ring, they snap on like GI handgaurds. I have a set of mids on my rifle and carbines on my gf's.

Well yeah what kind of FSB?

I have no sights, no nothing. It is a stripped barrel with a carbine gas system.

I have a Spikes Tactical micro gas block, carbine gas tube. No sights, or anything.

I am just trying to find out how it gets mounted, or what I need to buy. Even though my barrel has a carbine gas system, can I buy a mid length rail? I know I could if it was a free float rail, but obviously the MagPul ones are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Standard delta ring, they snap on like GI handgaurds. I have a set of mids on my rifle and carbines on my gf's.

Ok thanks. What about at the FSB? What do I need to connect them down there? I am assuming I have to use a standard A2 FSB if I use these hand guards?

Well yeah what kind of FSB?

I have no sights, no nothing. It is a stripped barrel with a carbine gas system.

I have a Spikes Tactical micro gas block, carbine gas tube. No sights, or anything.

I am just trying to find out how it gets mounted, or what I need to buy. Even though my barrel has a carbine gas system, can I buy a mid length rail? I know I could if it was a free float rail, but obviously the MagPul ones are not.

They are not free float, you need the fore end hand gaurd cap, it would slide on the barrel just before the gas block or FSB.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks. What about at the FSB? What do I need to connect them down there? I am assuming I have to use a standard A2 FSB if I use these hand guards?

Dont HAVE to, I would but that is just my taste. Just need the cap.

They are not free float, you need the fore end hand gaurd cap, it would slide on the barrel just before the gas block or FSB.

Dont HAVE to, I would but that is just my taste. Just need the cap.

Ok thanks. Gas block is on barrel now. So the handguard cap slides on now, then the A2 FSB or whatever. So, you are also saying I can go with any length I want to it doesn't matter, because it gets connected to the handguard cap anyway, correct? Doesn't matter that I have a carbine gas system?

Is an A2 FSB hard to install?

It goes like this.

BCM-URG-M4-14SOCOM-2.jpg

The FSB is the gas block, the cap goes on before the FSB/gas block. Using a lowpro gas block will not give you anywhere to mount a front sight, I would not mount one on a plastic handgaurd anyways.

If you look at the front sight/gas block, where it ramps down, toward the receiver, there is a sheet metal type, oval/triangular in shape cup, that will accept the front of the hand guards. If you got a gas block with a rail on top, you could install that along with the retainer cup for the MOE handguard.

I'm lost. Maybe I'll just spend more money and buy the free float hand guards. Because now I have no idea what to buy or what I need. [laugh]

I'm lost. Maybe I'll just spend more money and buy the free float hand guards. Because now I have no idea what to buy or what I need. [laugh]

Ding ding... You solve the problem. Just free float it.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Hey I'm going to be using one on my piston build . Once you get the barrels in.

I'm not sure if u need the delta ring or not but I bought one any way. But you need that style barrel but for sure.
Dose not matter what gas block you use. And it will work with a round or triangle end cap.
You need to buy the hand guard length that matches the gas block .since its held in by pressure.

I'm going to be useing a low profile gas block with a flip up sight on the hand gaurd.

You might also wanna look at https://www.abarms.com/category_s/87.htm

Its only for carbine length but if you want a rail on the top they make one with or with out a rail on top. That's level with a flAt top receiver.

I have a smooth free float hand guard that I won't be using . If you want I'll give it to you for free.

FSB= front sight block. it is a front sight/gas block in one. You would need the carbine if thats what the barrel calls for.

Ok. So I need a barrel nut, delta ring assembly, and a carbine FSB. I am assuming it's a .750 for an M4 profile barrel.

Anywhere to look for a FSB and other parts I need? I did a quick search and of course can't find anything.

I thought all sight blocks have the same Id unless there made for bull barrels or some thing thicker.

I've never seen a carbine rifle or mid gas block there normally just list the id. Ie the of where it goes.

If you want my free float for free all u need is a gas low pro gas block.
qume7azu.jpg

ase6y6eg.jpg

I could even cut it down and make it shorter if you want to use a front sight block .

Edit I bought all those parts u listed from bravo company two Friday ago and got it wensday ,

Put the extra money in and free float the handguard. They use their own barrel nut. You can run a longer handguard than carbine length but your carbine length gas block has to be a low mount to fit under the handguard. If it's standard height you have to stay with a carbine length guard. LaRue makes a really good low mount gas block.
The magpul as you now know is not free floating, you need attachment points front and rear to mount it. Honestly, the magpul plastic handguard looks like crap but it works.

I kind of like the MagPul hand guards, and they are much cheaper than dropping $150+ on a free float set up.

They cost $30. I could probably buy all parts for under $100.

I ordered 2 micro gas blocks from Spikes Tactical the other day that have already shipped, that I now don't need. I'll just sell them or something. I may keep 1 and sell the other.

Someone mentioned first defense might have the delta ring, hand guard cap, and fsb. Give them a call?

Someone mentioned first defense might have the delta ring, hand guard cap, and fsb. Give them a call?

Yeah I actually called John @ Remsport and he is going to hook me up once again. He's not that far from me. He has all parts I need. I just got off the phone with him. All I need to do is order the handguard in FDE to match the rest of my setup.

- - - Updated - - -

image-12_zps9cd4a24f.jpeg

Good to know. I need all that stuff for my first upper build. Come back and let us know how much it cost ya?

For reference this is 16" total length barrel. M4 with what will be a carbine gas system. 10" handguards go over the gas block and allow for a flip up sight to be mounted. I have a magpul front sight going on. They are free flat handguards with its own barrel nut

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359215410.917715.jpg

Good to know. I need all that stuff for my first upper build. Come back and let us know how much it cost ya?

He said the delta ring assembly with barrel nut was $40, and the FSB is $40.

- - - Updated - - -

I already have the carbine gas tube.

Back
Top Bottom